Apollo Group Case Study Solution and Analysis
Apollo Group Case Study Help is the largest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP supplies a variety of services including; collecting information, processing details and communication services. Major organisation segments of the company consist of; books, periodicals, consultancy and circulation. The company has a vast product portfolio and its major items consist of books, regulars, online media, exhibitions, research reports and so on. Apollo Group Case Study Solution has become a specialized information company and a big extensive Science and Innovation publishing business through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has actually invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being an effective publishing house, however, the changing macro market patterns and forces bring specific obstacles to the publishing industry in basic and Apollo Group Case Study Solution in specific. These elements consist of;
• Entryway of the brand-new publishing firms in the industry.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing strategies
• Improvement of science and technology.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised several questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be made use of to strive for the future advancement unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Apollo Group Case Study Help has particular strengths that can be utilized to decrease the risks, conquer the weak point and get the chances. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Apollo Group Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the company to offer high quality products at a lower expense utilizing its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities created by its successful journey offer a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Huge item portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its risk and provide high worth to its clients.
• Strong financial position allows the company to think about several advancement opportunities with no fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has specific weak points which could increase restraints for the business in implementing its advancement program. The weak points of Apollo Group Case Study Help are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the business still has standard ways ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It must propose particular growth plans to prevent its reliance over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term development.
The growth of the publishing market is decreasing considering that 2008, affecting Apollo Group Case Study Solution as well, but the development might be revived by availing certain opportunities presented in the market. The market opportunities for CMP include;
• The business could also present Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong client acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could consider a development program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to decrease its dependence over Chinese markets by using its huge funds.
The altering macro trends in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing market has actually posed particular dangers to Apollo Group Case Study Help including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries could cause decreasing market share of Apollo Group Case Study Analysis due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of large number of rivals in the publishing industry increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can get a strong consumer base by utilizing specific techniques like aggressive promo, quality items, and so on
• Entrance of brand-new publishing companies in the industry together with existence of high competition increases the risk of losing the client base.
The company has a rather competitive financial performance. Due to lack of data, the financial ratios of CMP might not be calculated. The total financial efficiency of the company could be analyzed by using the charts given in the case Appendices. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the yearly overall profits of CMP throughout the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, revealing that the annual need of the products of Apollo Group Case Study Help is growing and the business is rather efficient in drawing in a a great deal of customers at a possible cost.
In addition to it, the 2nd chart which reveals the yearly growth in the Apollo Group Case Study Solution total possessions, shows that the business is rather efficient in adding value to its possessions through its earnings. The development in properties reveals that the total worth of the company is also increasing with increasing the total profits. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company utilizing the provided information might be the analysis concerning the distribution of total profits of the business. Huge part of the incomes of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The company could move towards other service sections with a potential development to achieve its future advancement objective.
PESTEL analysis might be carried out to find out the different external forces affecting the performance of the company and the recent patterns in the external environment of the company. A quick PESTEL analysis of the company is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a significant influence on the frame of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is highly monitored and directed by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. It might be said that the total political forces affecting CMP service are high. The government policies relating to the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces affecting the publishing sector in basic and the CMP in specific includesthe costs of paper, the earnings level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP development of the nation. All these forces combine impact the need for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population growth, the customer's choices towards checking out informative materials etc. China has the greatest population in the world with a high population growth, revealing the increasing number of customers of the Apollo Group Case Study Solution. However, the consumer choices are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to concentrate on digital publishing to fulfill the altering customer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP include the technological improvement in the reading strategies and so on. Enhancement of science and innovation along with the increase of digital publishing could minimize the need for the CMP items, if certain actions would not be taken soon.
Ecological forces impacting Apollo Group Case Study Solution includes the issues of environmental neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink used while publishing must not be harmful for the environment.
Legal guidelines for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal regulations concerning the publishing sector is managed by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Ordinance 1997 needs the publishers to be authorized first by the Federal government to be entered in the publishing market. The ordinance prohibits direct involvement of foreign entities and individuals in the publishing sector.
Market Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Design might be utilized to examine the appearance of the publishing industry China. A quick analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is provided as follows;.
Danger of New Entrants.
Risks of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The potential development in the market tends to bring in new entrants to the publishing market. Nevertheless, the existence of intense competition and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to go into in the marketplace.
Danger of Replacement.
Threat of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The alternative products for the released files is the documents provided in the virtual libraries on particular sites. The altering consumer choices towards digital learning increase the hazard of substitution for the market.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing industry is high. The presence of a great deal of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. In addition to it, brand-new entrants are likewise entering into the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The significant suppliers of the Apollo Group Case Study Solution include the providers of the paper for releasing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the total bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Bargaining power of purchaser in the publishing industry is high. Due to the presence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the buyers needs high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP runs in a highly competitive market with the existence of large number of rivals. However, the business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant rivals of Apollo Group Case Study Analysis consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close competitors of CMP. Founded in the same duration, CIP releases comparable kind of books. For a big period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks third and second in numerous market sections, with a major concentrate on educational publications. CIP acts as a risk for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the marketplace share of Apollo Group Case Study Help quickly in the existing market scenario.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise established in the very same period as Apollo Group Case Study Help and CIP. It is likewise one of the popular gamers in the publishing market with an annual overall incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Lowering reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Consumers
• Development opportunities.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of prospective resources in growth.
• Risk of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to present using existing abilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio supplies high value to consumers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core company segments to the new one can lead the business to lose demand of its items in the market.
As the choices are shifting towards digital publishing and the company require an instant option to prevent the declining market growth. The company might also consider the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its item portfolio, the business ought to initially collects the information connected to the customer demand, the potential markets, the government policies and the data associated with the competitors provided in the market. After that, the company ought to choose one possible sector for its preliminary offering. It needs to gather research that how it could separate its digital publishing from the existing rivals' items. The actions above the business ought to go for the initial offering. If the preliminary offering shows a success, the business must opt for the other markets. In this way the business would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
The growth of the publishing market is declining given that 2008, revealing a hazard to the business's long term presence, however the scenario can be controlled by thinking about a development strategy in the future. The business could think about introducing digital publishingin its existing market to execute its development program at immediate basis and to avoid the danger of failure for entrance in the brand-new markets.