Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Solution and Analysis
Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Solution is the largest publishing company with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has ended up being a specialized info service provider and a big thorough Science and Technology publishing company through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being an effective publishing home, nevertheless, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring particular obstacles to the publishing industry in basic and Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Solution in particular. These elements include;
• Entryway of the new publishing firms in the market.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing methods
• Enhancement of science and technology.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised several concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the business could be used to strive for the future advancement unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Analysis has particular strengths that can be utilized to decrease the threats, get rid of the weak point and get the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Solution in the publishing market i.e. 60 years enables the company to offer high quality products at a lower cost using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities generated by its successful journey provide a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its threat and supply high worth to its customers.
• Strong financial position allows the company to think about numerous advancement chances without any fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has certain weaknesses which could increase restrictions for the company in implementing its development program. The weak points of Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Solution are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the business still has traditional ways ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It ought to propose particular growth strategies to prevent its reliance over the Chinese markets to attain long term development.
The development of the publishing market is declining considering that 2008, affecting Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Analysis as well, however the growth might be revived by availing particular chances provided in the market. The marketplace opportunities for CMP include;
• The business might also present Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong customer recognition in the market.
• CMP might consider an advancement program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to lower its dependence over Chinese markets by using its large funds.
The altering macro trends in the market and increasing competition in the publishing market has presented specific risks to Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Help including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might lead to decreasing market share of Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Help due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The existence of a great deal of rivals in the publishing market increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can get a strong consumer base by utilizing specific strategies like aggressive promotion, quality products, etc.
• Entryway of brand-new publishing companies in the market along with existence of high competitors increases the threat of losing the customer base.
Due to absence of data, the financial ratios of CMP might not be computed. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the yearly total earnings of Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Analysis throughout the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the annual need of the items of CMP is growing and the company is rather efficient in attracting a big number of clients at a potential cost.
Along with it, the 2nd graph which shows the yearly development in the Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Help total properties, reveals that the business is quite effective in including worth to its assets through its earnings. The development in assets reveals that the overall value of the company is likewise increasing with increasing the overall incomes. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the company utilizing the offered information could be the analysis concerning the distribution of overall incomes of the company. Major part of the earnings of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other business sectors with a prospective growth to attain its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis might be carried out to discover the various external forces impacting the performance of the business and the current patterns in the external environment of the business. A brief PESTEL analysis of the business is given as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a substantial effect on the state of mind of individuals about the communist ideology of the federal government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely supervised and assisted by the Promotion Department of the Communist Celebration of China. For that reason, it might be said that the overall political forces impacting Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Analysis organisation are high. The federal government policies relating to the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Analysis in specific includesthe prices of paper, the earnings level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP development of the nation. All these forces combine impact the demand for the publishing market. Along with it, the financial policies associated with the import of books impact the general service at CPM. Nevertheless, China's financial conditions are quite favorable for CMP with high GDP development and consumer income level.
Social and Demographical.
The customer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP ought to focus on digital publishing to satisfy the changing consumer choices.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological advancement in the reading methods etc. Enhancement of science and innovation along with the rise of digital publishing might reduce the demand for the CMP items, if particular actions would not be taken soon.
Environmental forces affecting Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Solution consists of the issues of environmental communities over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is needed to be disposable and the ink used while publishing needs to not be harmful for the environment.
Legal guidelines for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized initially by the Federal government to be entered in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Model could be used to examine the appearance of the publishing market China. A short analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is offered as follows;.
Hazard of New Entrants.
Risks of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The prospective growth in the market tends to attract brand-new entrants to the publishing market. The existence of intense competitors and the requirement of substantial capital tends to demotivate new entrants to enter in the market.
Danger of Replacement.
Risk of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The replacement products for the published documents is the files presented in the digital libraries on particular sites. The changing customer preferences towards digital knowing increase the threat of substitution for the industry.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The existence of large number of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Along with it, brand-new entrants are also entering into the market increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major suppliers of the Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Solution include the providers of the paper for publishing documents. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Bargaining power of purchaser in the publishing market is high. Due to the presence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the buyers requires high quality files at competitive rates.
CMP operates in an extremely competitive market with the presence of large number of competitors. However, the business has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Supply Chain Partners Virginia Mason And Owens Minor Case Study Analysis include;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a hazard for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP easily in the present market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close rival of CMP is PTP. It was also established in the exact same duration as CMP and CIP. It ranks 6th in the state-owned publishers in regards to service scale. It is likewise one of the prominent players in the publishing market with an annual overall earnings of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Reducing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Clients
• Growth opportunities.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Use of prospective resources in growth.
• Threat of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present using current capabilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio offers high worth to customers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business sectors to the new one can lead the business to lose demand of its products in the market.
As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the company need an immediate option to avoid the declining industry growth. The company could also consider the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business must first gathers the data related to the customer need, the possible markets, the government policies and the data related to the competitors presented in the market. If the initial offering shows a success, the business must go for the other markets. In this way the business would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the development of the publishing market is declining since 2008, revealing a danger to the company's long term existence, but the scenario can be controlled by thinking about a development strategy in the future. The business might consider introducing digital publishingin its existing market to execute its development program at immediate basis and to prevent the threat of failure for entryway in the new markets.