Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Solution and Analysis
Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Help is the biggest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually ended up being a specialized information company and a big comprehensive Science and Technology publishing business through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Analysis has actually spent its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing house, nevertheless, the changing macro market trends and forces bring specific difficulties to the publishing industry in general and CMP in particular. These elements consist of;
• Entrance of the new publishing companies in the industry.
• Declining development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing techniques
• Improvement of science and innovation.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised numerous questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be utilized to pursue the future advancement unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Analysis has particular strengths that can be utilized to reduce the threats, conquer the weakness and get the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Analysis in the publishing market i.e. 60 years enables the company to offer high quality products at a lower expense utilizing its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities generated by its successful journey supply a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Huge item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and supply high value to its customers.
• Strong financial position allows the company to think about several advancement opportunities without any worry of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the company has certain weak points which could increase constraints for the business in executing its advancement program. The weaknesses of Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Help are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing company, the business still has standard methods ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It should propose particular growth strategies to prevent its reliance over the Chinese markets to attain long term development.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is declining considering that 2008, impacting Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Solution as well, however the development might be restored by availing particular chances presented in the market. The marketplace opportunities for CMP consist of;
• The business could also present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong client acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP might consider a development program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to reduce its reliance over Chinese markets by utilizing its vast funds.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing market has presented specific risks to Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Solution consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might cause decreasing market share of Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Solution due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of competitors in the publishing industry increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can get a strong consumer base by utilizing certain techniques like aggressive promotion, quality items, etc.
• Entrance of new publishing firms in the market together with existence of high competition increases the risk of losing the consumer base.
The business has a quite competitive financial performance. Due to absence of information, the financial ratios of CMP could not be computed. The total financial efficiency of the company might be evaluated by utilizing the charts offered in the case Appendices. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the annual total incomes of CMP during the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, revealing that the annual need of the products of Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Solution is growing and the business is rather effective in drawing in a a great deal of consumers at a prospective rate.
Together with it, the 2nd graph which reveals the annual development in the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Help total properties, reveals that the company is rather effective in including worth to its possessions through its incomes. The growth in assets shows that the total worth of the firm is likewise increasing with increasing the overall revenues. (Unknown, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the business using the given information might be the analysis regarding the circulation of total profits of the company. Major part of the profits of CMP comes from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other service sections with a possible growth to accomplish its future advancement objective.
PESTEL analysis could be conducted to find out the various external forces affecting the efficiency of the business and the recent patterns in the external environment of the business. A short PESTEL analysis of the business is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a considerable impact on the mindset of the people about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is highly monitored and directed by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China. It could be said that the total political forces impacting CMP service are high. The federal government policies concerning the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in specific includesthe costs of paper, the income level of customers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP growth of the nation. All these forces integrate effect the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces consist of the population development, the consumer's preferences towards reading informative materials etc. China has the highest population in the world with a high population development, revealing the increasing variety of customers of the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Analysis. The customer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the traditional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP should focus on digital publishing to satisfy the changing customer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP consist of the technological improvement in the reading methods and so on. Enhancement of science and innovation together with the increase of digital publishing could minimize the demand for the CMP items, if specific actions would not be taken quickly.
Ecological forces affecting Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Analysis consists of the issues of ecological communities over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is needed to be non reusable and the ink utilized while publishing needs to not be damaging for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal regulations regarding the publishing sector is controlled by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Ordinance 1997 needs the publishers to be approved first by the Federal government to be entered in the publishing market. The regulation forbids direct involvement of foreign entities and individuals in the publishing sector.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Design might be used to analyze the attractiveness of the publishing industry China. A short analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is offered as follows;.
Threat of New Entrants.
Threats of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The potential development in the industry tends to draw in brand-new entrants to the publishing market. The existence of extreme competitors and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate new entrants to go into in the market.
Hazard of Replacement.
Risk of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The replacement products for the released documents is the files presented in the virtual libraries on certain sites. The changing consumer choices towards digital knowing increase the threat of replacement for the market.
Competitive competition in the publishing industry is high. The existence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. In addition to it, new entrants are likewise entering into the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The significant providers of the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Help consist of the suppliers of the paper for publishing documents. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the overall bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Negotiating power of buyer in the publishing market is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers requires high quality documents at competitive rates.
CMP operates in a highly competitive market with the existence of a great deal of competitors. Nevertheless, the company has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Help include;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close rivals of CMP. Founded in the exact same period, CIP publishes comparable type of books. For a big time period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks 2nd and third in numerous market sections, with a major focus on educational publications. CIP serves as a risk for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the marketplace share of Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Analysis quickly in the present market circumstance.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise founded in the exact same period as Atlantis Paradise Island Resort And Casino B Improving Performance With New Core Values Case Study Solution and CIP. It is likewise one of the prominent players in the publishing industry with an annual total earnings of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Lowering dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Customers
• Growth opportunities.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Use of prospective resources in growth.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing existing abilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio provides high worth to customers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core service segments to the new one can lead the company to lose demand of its products in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the company in addition to the industry analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is suggested to CMP to accomplish its future advancement. As the preferences are shifting towards digital publishing and the business need an instant option to avoid the decreasing market growth. Introduction of digital publishing could show to be an instant solution with low quantity of threat for the company. Nevertheless, the company could also think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the company should first gathers the data related to the customer need, the possible markets, the government regulations and the information related to the competitors provided in the market. If the initial offering shows a success, the business needs to go for the other markets. In this way the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
The growth of the publishing market is decreasing because 2008, revealing a danger to the business's long term existence, however the scenario can be managed by thinking about a development plan in the future. The company might consider presenting digital publishingin its existing market to execute its development program at immediate basis and to prevent the risk of failure for entrance in the new markets.