Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Solution and Analysis
Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Solution is the biggest publishing company with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has become a specialized details company and a large detailed Science and Technology publishing business through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has spent its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing home, nevertheless, the altering macro market trends and forces bring specific challenges to the publishing industry in basic and Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Solution in specific. These factors consist of;
• Entrance of the new publishing firms in the market.
• Decreasing development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing techniques
• Enhancement of science and technology.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised several concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the business could be utilized to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Solution has specific strengths that can be made use of to reduce the risks, get rid of the weak point and obtain the chances. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years permits the business to offer high quality products at a lower expense using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities produced by its effective journey provide a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and offer high value to its consumers.
• Strong monetary position allows the business to consider numerous development opportunities with no worry of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the company has specific weak points which might increase restrictions for the business in executing its advancement program. The weaknesses of Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Analysis are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing company, the company still has standard ways ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It ought to propose particular expansion plans to prevent its dependence over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term development.
The development of the publishing market is decreasing considering that 2008, impacting Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Solution as well, but the development might be revived by availing specific opportunities provided in the market. The market opportunities for CMP include;
• The business might likewise present Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong customer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP might consider an advancement program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to minimize its dependence over Chinese markets by using its vast funds.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing market has presented specific risks to Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Solution consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries could cause declining market share of Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Help due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The existence of a great deal of competitors in the publishing market increase the threat for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can acquire a strong consumer base by utilizing specific strategies like aggressive promo, quality items, etc.
• Entrance of brand-new publishing firms in the industry together with presence of high competition increases the threat of losing the customer base.
The business has a rather competitive financial performance. Due to lack of data, the monetary ratios of CMP could not be calculated. The general financial performance of the company might be analyzed by utilizing the graphs offered in the case Appendices. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the yearly overall earnings of CMP throughout the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, revealing that the annual need of the products of Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Help is growing and the company is rather effective in drawing in a large number of clients at a possible price.
Along with it, the second chart which shows the annual development in the Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Help overall properties, shows that the company is quite effective in including worth to its properties through its profits. The development in properties reveals that the overall worth of the company is also increasing with increasing the total incomes. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business using the offered information might be the analysis regarding the circulation of overall earnings of the business. Major part of the incomes of CMP originates from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business could move towards other company sections with a possible growth to accomplish its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis might be conducted to find out the different external forces affecting the performance of the business and the recent patterns in the external environment of the company. A brief PESTEL analysis of the company is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a significant impact on the mindset of the people about the communist ideology of the federal government, for that reason, the publishing sector is extremely supervised and directed by the Promotion Department of the Communist Celebration of China. It could be said that the total political forces impacting CMP service are high. The government policies concerning the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in basic and the CMP in specific includesthe costs of paper, the income level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP growth of the country. All these forces combine impact the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The consumer choices are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP should focus on digital publishing to fulfill the altering consumer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological development in the reading methods etc. Enhancement of science and technology together with the increase of digital publishing might lower the need for the CMP items, if particular actions would not be taken soon.
Ecological forces impacting Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Help consists of the issues of environmental communities over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is needed to be non reusable and the ink used while publishing ought to not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Ordinance 1997 needs the publishers to be approved initially by the Federal government to be entered in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's 5 Forces Model could be utilized to analyze the appearance of the publishing market China. A short analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is provided as follows;.
Threat of New Entrants.
Risks of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The possible development in the market tends to draw in new entrants to the publishing industry. Nevertheless, the presence of extreme competition and the requirement of substantial capital tends to demotivate new entrants to enter in the market.
Danger of Substitution.
Risk of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The replacement items for the published documents is the files provided in the digital libraries on certain websites. The altering consumer preferences towards digital learning increase the danger of replacement for the market.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The presence of large number of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Along with it, brand-new entrants are also participating in the marketplace increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The significant providers of the Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Help consist of the providers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Haggling power of buyer in the publishing market is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the buyers needs high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP operates in a highly competitive market with the presence of large number of competitors. However, the business has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant rivals of Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Solution consist of;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIPis among the close rivals of CMP. Founded in the exact same period, CIP releases similar type of books. For a big time period, CIP held the largest market share, and still ranks second and 3rd in different market segments, with a significant concentrate on instructional publications. CIP serves as a hazard for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the market share of Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Analysis quickly in the current market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise founded in the exact same period as Athena Health Crisis 2 Case Study Analysis and CIP. It is also one of the popular gamers in the publishing market with a yearly overall incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Lowering dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Consumers
• Development opportunities.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Usage of potential resources in expansion.
• Risk of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing present abilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio supplies high worth to clients.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core service segments to the brand-new one can lead the company to lose demand of its items in the market.
As the preferences are moving towards digital publishing and the company need an immediate option to avoid the declining market growth. The business might also consider the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the company ought to first collects the data related to the consumer demand, the potential markets, the federal government policies and the information connected to the competitors presented in the market. After that, the company needs to decide one prospective sector for its initial offering. It should collect research study that how it might distinguish its digital publishing from the existing competitors' products. After all the actions above the company must go for the preliminary offering. If the preliminary offering shows a success, the company should choose the other markets. In this way the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing market is decreasing because 2008, showing a hazard to the company's long term existence, but the situation can be controlled by considering a development strategy in the future. The company might consider introducing digital publishingin its existing market to implement its development program at immediate basis and to avoid the risk of failure for entryway in the brand-new markets.