Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Solution and Analysis
Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Solution is the biggest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually ended up being a specialized info supplier and a large extensive Science and Technology publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Analysis has actually invested its 60 years journey efficiently, being a successful publishing house, however, the changing macro market patterns and forces bring particular obstacles to the publishing industry in basic and CMP in particular. These factors consist of;
• Entryway of the brand-new publishing companies in the industry.
• Decreasing growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing methods
• Improvement of science and technology.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised numerous questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be made use of to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Solution has particular strengths that can be made use of to lower the dangers, get rid of the weakness and get the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Help in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years permits the company to supply high quality products at a lower expense using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities generated by its successful journey provide a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and offer high worth to its clients.
• Strong financial position allows the business to consider numerous development opportunities without any worry of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has specific weak points which might increase restrictions for the business in implementing its development program. The weak points of Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Help are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing firm, the company still has traditional ways ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It needs to propose specific expansion strategies to prevent its reliance over the Chinese markets to attain long term growth.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is declining given that 2008, affecting Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Help too, but the development might be revived by availing specific chances presented in the market. The market opportunities for CMP include;
• The company could likewise introduce Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong client acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could consider an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to minimize its reliance over Chinese markets by using its vast funds.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competition in the publishing industry has posed specific risks to Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Solution consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might lead to decreasing market share of Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Analysis due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of large number of competitors in the publishing industry increase the danger for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can acquire a strong consumer base by using certain methods like aggressive promo, quality items, and so on
• Entryway of new publishing firms in the industry in addition to presence of high competition increases the hazard of losing the consumer base.
Due to absence of information, the financial ratios of CMP could not be computed. It might be evaluated from the Appendix III that the annual overall earnings of Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Analysis throughout the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the annual need of the products of CMP is growing and the company is rather effective in drawing in a big number of clients at a possible cost.
Along with it, the second graph which reveals the annual growth in the Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Help total possessions, reveals that the business is quite efficient in including value to its possessions through its earnings. The development in assets reveals that the overall value of the company is also increasing with increasing the total earnings. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business using the given information could be the analysis regarding the circulation of overall profits of the business. Huge part of the earnings of CMP originates from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other organisation sectors with a possible development to achieve its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis could be carried out to find out the numerous external forces impacting the efficiency of the business and the recent trends in the external environment of the company. A quick PESTEL analysis of the company is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a significant impact on the state of mind of individuals about the communist ideology of the federal government, therefore, the publishing sector is highly supervised and directed by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China. Therefore, it could be said that the overall political forces impacting Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Analysis business are high. The government policies relating to the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces affecting the publishing sector in basic and the Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Help in particular includesthe rates of paper, the income level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP development of the nation. All these forces integrate effect the need for the publishing market. Together with it, the economic policies connected to the import of books impact the overall company at CPM. However, China's economic conditions are quite beneficial for CMP with high GDP development and customer income level.
Social and Demographical.
The consumer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the traditional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP should focus on digital publishing to fulfill the changing consumer choices.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological improvement in the reading techniques etc. Improvement of science and technology together with the increase of digital publishing might lower the need for the CMP products, if specific actions would not be taken soon.
Ecological forces affecting Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Analysis consists of the concerns of ecological neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is required to be non reusable and the ink used while publishing must not be harmful for the environment.
Legal guidelines for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal regulations concerning the publishing sector is controlled by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be approved first by the Federal government to be entered in the publishing market. The ordinance prohibits direct participation of foreign entities and people in the publishing sector.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's Five Forces Model could be utilized to examine the beauty of the publishing industry China. A brief analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is given as follows;.
Danger of New Entrants.
Threats of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The possible development in the market tends to bring in brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. The presence of intense competition and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to go into in the market.
Risk of Alternative.
Risk of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The substitute items for the published documents is the documents presented in the digital libraries on particular websites. The altering customer choices towards digital learning increase the danger of replacement for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The existence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Along with it, new entrants are also participating in the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major providers of the Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Help consist of the providers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the total bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Haggling power of buyer in the publishing market is high. Due to the existence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers requires high quality documents at competitive rates.
CMP operates in a highly competitive industry with the presence of large number of competitors. Nevertheless, the company has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major rivals of Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Help consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis among the close rivals of CMP. Established in the exact same period, CIP publishes comparable type of books. For a big period, CIP held the largest market share, and still ranks second and third in numerous market sections, with a major focus on academic publications. CIP serves as a threat for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is concentrated on digital publishing and might wean the market share of Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Analysis quickly in the present market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was also founded in the exact same period as Bancolombia Talent Culture And Value Creation Management In Mergers Case Study Help and CIP. It is also one of the prominent players in the publishing industry with an annual overall revenues of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Decreasing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Customers
• Growth opportunities.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Usage of prospective resources in expansion.
• Risk of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to present using present abilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio provides high value to consumers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core service segments to the brand-new one can lead the business to lose need of its products in the market.
With the deep analysis of the external and internal environment of the business along with the market analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is suggested to CMP to achieve its future advancement. As the choices are shifting towards digital publishing and the business require an immediate service to prevent the declining industry growth. For that reason, introduction of digital publishing might prove to be an instant solution with low amount of danger for the company. Nevertheless, the business could likewise think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its item portfolio, the company must initially gathers the data related to the customer demand, the potential markets, the government regulations and the information related to the competitors provided in the market. If the initial offering proves a success, the company must go for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is declining since 2008, showing a threat to the company's long term existence, but the scenario can be managed by thinking about an advancement plan in the future. The business might consider presenting digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at immediate basis and to prevent the threat of failure for entrance in the new markets.