Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Solution and Analysis
Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Solution is the biggest publishing company with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually ended up being a specialized details service provider and a large detailed Science and Innovation publishing business through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Solution has invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being an effective publishing house, nevertheless, the changing macro market patterns and forces bring certain difficulties to the publishing market in general and CMP in specific. These aspects include;
• Entrance of the new publishing firms in the market.
• Decreasing growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing strategies
• Improvement of science and innovation.
The change of the macro markets have raised numerous questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be utilized to strive for the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Solution has specific strengths that can be used to decrease the threats, conquer the weak point and obtain the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Help in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years enables the company to provide high quality items at a lower cost using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities generated by its effective journey offer a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Vast product portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and provide high value to its clients.
• Strong financial position enables the business to think about several development chances without any worry of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has particular weak points which might increase restrictions for the company in implementing its advancement program. The weak points of Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Analysis are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing firm, the company still has traditional ways ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It needs to propose specific expansion plans to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term growth.
Although, the development of the publishing market is declining considering that 2008, impacting Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Analysis too, however the development might be revived by availing particular opportunities provided in the market. The market chances for CMP consist of;
• The company could likewise present Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong consumer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP might think about an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to reduce its dependence over Chinese markets by utilizing its vast financial resources.
The altering macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing market has positioned certain threats to Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Help consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries could cause declining market share of Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Solution due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The existence of large number of rivals in the publishing market increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can acquire a strong consumer base by using certain techniques like aggressive promotion, quality products, etc.
• Entryway of new publishing firms in the market along with existence of high competition increases the hazard of losing the consumer base.
The company has a rather competitive financial efficiency. Due to absence of information, the financial ratios of CMP might not be calculated. However, the total financial efficiency of the company might be examined by using the graphs given in the case Appendices. It might be analyzed from the Appendix III that the annual overall revenues of CMP throughout the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, revealing that the annual demand of the items of Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Solution is growing and the business is rather effective in bring in a large number of clients at a prospective price.
In addition to it, the 2nd graph which shows the annual growth in the Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Help overall possessions, shows that the company is quite efficient in including worth to its properties through its incomes. The development in properties reveals that the overall worth of the firm is also increasing with increasing the total incomes. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business utilizing the offered information might be the analysis concerning the circulation of total profits of the business. Major part of the revenues of CMP originates from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The business could move towards other service segments with a prospective growth to achieve its future development goal.
PESTEL analysis might be performed to discover the different external forces affecting the efficiency of the company and the recent patterns in the external environment of the business. A quick PESTEL analysis of the business is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a substantial impact on the mindset of the people about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely monitored and guided by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China. It might be stated that the overall political forces impacting CMP company are high. The government policies concerning the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces affecting the publishing sector in basic and the Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Analysis in particular includesthe costs of paper, the income level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP development of the nation. All these forces combine effect the demand for the publishing market. In addition to it, the financial policies connected to the import of books affect the general company at CPM. However, China's economic conditions are rather favorable for CMP with high GDP development and consumer income level.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population development, the customer's choices towards checking out helpful materials etc. China has the greatest population in the world with a high population development, revealing the increasing number of customers of the Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Help. The consumer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to concentrate on digital publishing to satisfy the changing customer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP consist of the technological improvement in the reading strategies etc. Improvement of science and innovation along with the increase of digital publishing could reduce the demand for the CMP products, if specific actions would not be taken quickly.
Environmental forces affecting Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Help includes the issues of environmental neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink utilized while publishing ought to not be damaging for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be approved first by the Government to be entered in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Model).
Porter's Five Forces Model could be utilized to evaluate the attractiveness of the publishing industry China. A quick analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is given as follows;.
Threat of New Entrants.
Dangers of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The potential development in the market tends to bring in new entrants to the publishing market. The existence of intense competition and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to go into in the market.
Hazard of Alternative.
Danger of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The substitute items for the published files is the files presented in the digital libraries on certain websites. The changing consumer choices towards digital learning increase the threat of alternative for the industry.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The existence of large number of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Along with it, brand-new entrants are also participating in the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major suppliers of the Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Solution consist of the providers of the paper for releasing documents. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Negotiating power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the presence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the buyers needs high quality files at competitive rates.
CMP operates in a highly competitive industry with the existence of a great deal of competitors. Nevertheless, the company has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major rivals of Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Help consist of;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close competitors of CMP. Founded in the exact same period, CIP publishes comparable type of books. For a large time period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks second and 3rd in various market sections, with a major focus on academic publications. CIP functions as a hazard for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is concentrated on digital publishing and might wean the market share of Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Solution quickly in the present market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was also established in the same duration as Bluntly Media Valuation Of Private Company 2 Case Study Help and CIP. It is also one of the prominent players in the publishing market with a yearly total incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Lowering reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Consumers
• Development opportunities.
• Avoiding the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Usage of possible resources in expansion.
• Danger of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present using present abilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio supplies high worth to clients.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business segments to the new one can lead the company to lose need of its products in the market.
As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the company need an instant solution to avoid the declining market development. The company might also think about the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its item portfolio, the company needs to first gathers the information related to the customer demand, the potential markets, the federal government regulations and the information related to the rivals provided in the market. If the initial offering shows a success, the business should go for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing market is decreasing considering that 2008, revealing a threat to the company's long term existence, however the circumstance can be controlled by thinking about an advancement plan in the future. The business could consider presenting digital publishingin its existing market to implement its advancement program at instant basis and to prevent the danger of failure for entryway in the brand-new markets.