Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Solution and Analysis
Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Solution is the largest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has become a specialized info supplier and a large extensive Science and Innovation publishing business through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Solution has spent its 60 years journey efficiently, being a successful publishing house, nevertheless, the altering macro market trends and forces bring certain obstacles to the publishing industry in basic and CMP in specific. These aspects consist of;
• Entrance of the new publishing companies in the market.
• Decreasing growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing strategies
• Enhancement of science and innovation.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised numerous questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the abilities of the company could be made use of to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Solution has certain strengths that can be made use of to decrease the hazards, conquer the weakness and get the chances. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Solution in the publishing market i.e. 60 years enables the business to offer high quality items at a lower expense utilizing its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities created by its successful journey supply a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Vast product portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its danger and supply high value to its customers.
• Strong financial position enables the business to consider numerous development opportunities without any fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the company has specific weak points which could increase restraints for the business in implementing its development program. The weaknesses of Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Solution are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing firm, the business still has conventional ways ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It needs to propose certain expansion strategies to prevent its dependence over the Chinese markets to achieve long term growth.
Although, the development of the publishing market is declining since 2008, impacting Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Analysis as well, but the growth might be restored by availing specific chances provided in the market. The marketplace opportunities for CMP include;
• The company could also introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong client recognition in the market.
• CMP could consider a development program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to minimize its dependence over Chinese markets by using its vast funds.
The changing macro trends in the market and increasing competition in the publishing industry has postured certain hazards to Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Solution including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries could lead to declining market share of Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Solution due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of large number of rivals in the publishing industry increase the hazard for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can gain a strong consumer base by using certain strategies like aggressive promo, quality items, and so on
• Entryway of brand-new publishing companies in the industry in addition to presence of high competitors increases the danger of losing the consumer base.
The company has a quite competitive monetary performance. Due to absence of information, the financial ratios of CMP could not be calculated. Nevertheless, the overall monetary performance of the business might be examined by using the charts given in the case Appendices. It might be evaluated from the Appendix III that the annual total revenues of CMP throughout the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the annual demand of the products of Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Analysis is growing and the company is quite effective in attracting a a great deal of consumers at a potential price.
In addition to it, the 2nd graph which reveals the yearly development in the Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Help total properties, shows that the business is quite effective in adding value to its possessions through its revenues. The growth in properties shows that the overall value of the firm is also increasing with increasing the total revenues. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business using the provided data could be the analysis regarding the circulation of overall revenues of the company. Huge part of the profits of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The company could move towards other service sectors with a potential growth to attain its future development goal.
PESTEL analysis might be performed to find out the various external forces impacting the performance of the company and the recent patterns in the external environment of the business. A quick PESTEL analysis of the business is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a substantial effect on the state of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the federal government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely monitored and assisted by the Promotion Department of the Communist Party of China. For that reason, it might be said that the total political forces affecting Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Analysis company are high. The federal government policies concerning the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in basic and the Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Help in specific includesthe prices of paper, the income level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP growth of the nation. All these forces integrate effect the demand for the publishing market. Together with it, the economic policies connected to the import of books affect the overall company at CPM. China's economic conditions are rather favorable for CMP with high GDP development and consumer earnings level.
Social and Demographical.
The customer choices are moving towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must focus on digital publishing to meet the altering customer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP include the technological development in the reading methods etc. Enhancement of science and innovation together with the increase of digital publishing might minimize the demand for the CMP items, if specific actions would not be taken quickly.
Ecological forces affecting Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Help consists of the issues of ecological neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is needed to be non reusable and the ink used while publishing should not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal policies relating to the publishing sector is controlled by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized initially by the Federal government to be gone into in the publishing market. The regulation prohibits direct participation of foreign entities and people in the publishing sector.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Model might be utilized to examine the beauty of the publishing industry China. A brief analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is given as follows;.
Hazard of New Entrants.
Risks of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective growth in the industry tends to bring in brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. The presence of intense competitors and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to go into in the market.
Hazard of Alternative.
Risk of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The replacement items for the released files is the files provided in the virtual libraries on particular websites. The changing customer preferences towards digital learning increase the hazard of substitution for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing industry is high. The presence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Along with it, new entrants are also participating in the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The significant providers of the Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Analysis include the suppliers of the paper for releasing files. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the general bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Haggling power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the purchasers requires high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP runs in a highly competitive industry with the existence of a great deal of rivals. The company has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant rivals of Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Solution include;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a threat for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP quickly in the current market circumstance.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise established in the same period as Bridge International Academies School In A Box Case Study Help and CIP. It is likewise one of the prominent gamers in the publishing industry with a yearly total incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Minimizing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Consumers
• Growth chances.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Usage of prospective resources in expansion.
• Danger of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing current capabilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio offers high value to clients.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core organisation sections to the new one can lead the company to lose demand of its products in the market.
With the deep analysis of the external and internal environment of the company along with the market analysis and the competitor analysis, Alternative 2 is suggested to CMP to accomplish its future development. As the preferences are moving towards digital publishing and the business require an immediate solution to avoid the decreasing industry development. Intro of digital publishing might show to be an instant option with low amount of risk for the business. However, the company could also consider the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business ought to initially gathers the data connected to the consumer need, the potential markets, the federal government regulations and the information connected to the rivals presented in the market. After that, the company should decide one potential segment for its preliminary offering. It must gather research that how it could distinguish its digital publishing from the existing rivals' products. The steps above the company ought to go for the preliminary offering. The company needs to go for the other markets if the initial offering shows a success. In this method the company would have the ability to execute its digital publishing program.
The development of the publishing industry is declining since 2008, revealing a danger to the company's long term existence, however the scenario can be controlled by thinking about an advancement plan in the future. The business might consider introducing digital publishingin its existing market to implement its development program at instant basis and to prevent the risk of failure for entrance in the brand-new markets.