Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Solution and Analysis
Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Solution is the largest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP offers a number of services including; gathering information, processing details and communication services. Significant service sections of the company consist of; books, periodicals, consultancy and circulation. The company has a huge product portfolio and its major products consist of books, regulars, online media, exhibits, research reports etc. Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Help has actually ended up being a specialized information supplier and a big comprehensive Science and Innovation publishing business through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Analysis has invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being an effective publishing house, however, the changing macro market patterns and forces bring specific challenges to the publishing industry in general and CMP in particular. These aspects consist of;
• Entryway of the new publishing companies in the industry.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing techniques
• Enhancement of science and technology.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised numerous concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be used to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Help has specific strengths that can be utilized to lower the threats, conquer the weakness and avail the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Help in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years enables the business to offer high quality items at a lower expense using its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities produced by its successful journey provide a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Huge product portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its danger and supply high worth to its consumers.
• Strong financial position enables the company to think about a number of advancement chances without any fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has particular weaknesses which could increase restraints for the business in implementing its advancement program. The weak points of Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Help are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing company, the business still has traditional methods ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It should propose specific expansion strategies to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to attain long term growth.
The development of the publishing industry is decreasing since 2008, impacting Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Solution as well, but the development might be revived by availing certain chances provided in the market. The market opportunities for CMP include;
• The company could likewise introduce Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong customer recognition in the market.
• CMP might consider a development program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to reduce its dependence over Chinese markets by utilizing its large financial resources.
The altering macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing market has presented specific threats to Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Help consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might lead to declining market share of Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Analysis due to the consumer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of large number of competitors in the publishing industry increase the danger for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can get a strong customer base by using specific strategies like aggressive promotion, quality items, etc.
• Entryway of brand-new publishing firms in the industry in addition to existence of high competition increases the threat of losing the client base.
Due to absence of data, the monetary ratios of CMP might not be calculated. It might be evaluated from the Appendix III that the yearly total profits of Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Help during the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, revealing that the yearly demand of the items of CMP is growing and the company is quite effective in drawing in a large number of customers at a prospective cost.
Together with it, the second chart which shows the annual development in the Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Solution overall assets, shows that the company is rather efficient in adding worth to its properties through its incomes. The growth in assets shows that the total value of the company is also increasing with increasing the overall profits. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company utilizing the offered data might be the analysis relating to the circulation of total profits of the business. Huge part of the revenues of CMP comes from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other company sectors with a potential growth to attain its future advancement goal.
PESTEL analysis could be performed to discover the different external forces impacting the efficiency of the business and the recent patterns in the external environment of the business. A brief PESTEL analysis of the company is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a considerable impact on the mindset of the people about the communist ideology of the government, for that reason, the publishing sector is extremely supervised and assisted by the Promotion Department of the Communist Celebration of China. For that reason, it could be said that the total political forces impacting Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Help business are high. The government policies concerning the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in particular includesthe costs of paper, the earnings level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP growth of the nation. All these forces integrate impact the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The consumer preferences are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must focus on digital publishing to meet the changing customer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP include the technological improvement in the reading techniques and so on. Improvement of science and innovation along with the increase of digital publishing might minimize the need for the CMP items, if particular actions would not be taken soon.
Environmental forces impacting Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Help includes the issues of ecological communities over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink utilized while publishing should not be damaging for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal regulations relating to the publishing sector is managed by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized initially by the Government to be gone into in the publishing market. The regulation forbids direct involvement of foreign entities and individuals in the publishing sector.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's Five Forces Design could be utilized to evaluate the attractiveness of the publishing industry China. A short analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is given as follows;.
Hazard of New Entrants.
Risks of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The potential growth in the industry tends to bring in new entrants to the publishing market. The presence of intense competition and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to go into in the market.
Hazard of Substitution.
Hazard of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The alternative products for the released documents is the files presented in the virtual libraries on specific sites. The changing customer choices towards digital knowing increase the hazard of substitution for the market.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The existence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Together with it, new entrants are likewise participating in the marketplace increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The significant providers of the Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Analysis consist of the suppliers of the paper for publishing documents. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the general bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Bargaining power of purchaser in the publishing market is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers requires high quality files at competitive rates.
CMP operates in a highly competitive market with the presence of large number of rivals. The business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of Business Intelligence Advisors Bia Inc Finding The Hidden Meaning In Corporate Disclosures Case Study Solution consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a danger for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP easily in the present market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close rival of CMP is PTP. It was also established in the same duration as CMP and CIP. It ranks sixth in the state-owned publishers in terms of business scale. It is likewise among the popular players in the publishing industry with an annual overall profits of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Minimizing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Clients
• Development opportunities.
• Preventing the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of possible resources in expansion.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to introduce using present abilities.
• Low risk of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio supplies high value to customers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core company sectors to the new one can lead the company to lose demand of its items in the market.
With the deep analysis of the external and internal environment of the company in addition to the market analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is advised to CMP to accomplish its future development. As the preferences are shifting towards digital publishing and the company require an instant service to prevent the decreasing market development. Therefore, intro of digital publishing could prove to be an instant solution with low amount of threat for the business. Nevertheless, the company could also think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business should initially gathers the data related to the customer need, the prospective markets, the federal government policies and the information related to the rivals presented in the market. If the preliminary offering proves a success, the company must go for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the development of the publishing market is declining considering that 2008, revealing a threat to the business's long term presence, but the scenario can be managed by thinking about a development plan in the future. The business might think about presenting digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at immediate basis and to avoid the danger of failure for entrance in the brand-new markets.