Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Solution and Analysis
Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Analysis is the largest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually become a specialized information provider and a big detailed Science and Innovation publishing company through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has spent its 60 years journey efficiently, being a successful publishing home, however, the changing macro market patterns and forces bring certain challenges to the publishing industry in basic and Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Help in specific. These factors include;
• Entrance of the brand-new publishing firms in the market.
• Decreasing development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing strategies
• Enhancement of science and technology.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised several concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be used to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Help has certain strengths that can be used to reduce the risks, overcome the weakness and avail the chances. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Analysis in the publishing market i.e. 60 years allows the company to supply high quality items at a lower expense utilizing its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities created by its successful journey provide a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its risk and provide high worth to its customers.
• Strong monetary position allows the business to consider several development chances without any fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the company has specific weaknesses which could increase restrictions for the business in implementing its advancement program. The weak points of Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Analysis are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the company still has traditional methods ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It should propose particular expansion strategies to avoid its dependence over the Chinese markets to attain long term development.
Although, the growth of the publishing market is declining considering that 2008, affecting Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Solution too, but the development could be revived by availing certain opportunities provided in the market. The marketplace opportunities for CMP include;
• The company could likewise introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong customer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could think about an advancement program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to decrease its dependence over Chinese markets by utilizing its huge financial resources.
The changing macro trends in the market and increasing competition in the publishing market has actually posed certain threats to Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Analysis consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might result in declining market share of Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Solution due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of large number of rivals in the publishing industry increase the hazard for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can gain a strong customer base by utilizing certain methods like aggressive promotion, quality items, etc.
• Entrance of new publishing companies in the market along with presence of high competitors increases the danger of losing the client base.
Due to absence of data, the financial ratios of CMP could not be determined. It might be evaluated from the Appendix III that the yearly total earnings of Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Solution throughout the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, showing that the yearly demand of the products of CMP is growing and the business is rather effective in bring in a large number of clients at a potential cost.
In addition to it, the 2nd graph which reveals the annual development in the Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Analysis overall properties, reveals that the business is quite effective in including worth to its possessions through its incomes. The development in properties reveals that the overall value of the firm is likewise increasing with increasing the overall incomes. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the company utilizing the offered information might be the analysis concerning the distribution of total incomes of the company. Huge part of the profits of CMP comes from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The business could move towards other service segments with a potential development to attain its future development goal.
PESTEL analysis might be carried out to learn the different external forces affecting the efficiency of the company and the current patterns in the external environment of the business. A quick PESTEL analysis of the business is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a substantial impact on the mindset of individuals about the communist ideology of the federal government, for that reason, the publishing sector is highly supervised and assisted by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. Therefore, it might be stated that the total political forces affecting Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Solution service are high. The federal government policies concerning the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in basic and the CMP in specific includesthe costs of paper, the earnings level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the total GDP development of the country. All these forces integrate effect the need for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population development, the customer's preferences towards reading useful materials etc. China has the highest population in the world with a high population development, showing the increasing variety of customers of the Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Analysis. The customer choices are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must concentrate on digital publishing to meet the altering consumer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP consist of the technological development in the reading methods and so on. Enhancement of science and technology in addition to the rise of digital publishing might lower the need for the CMP products, if particular actions would not be taken soon.
Ecological forces impacting Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Solution includes the concerns of environmental communities over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink used while publishing should not be harmful for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal policies concerning the publishing sector is controlled by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be approved initially by the Government to be entered in the publishing market. The ordinance prohibits direct involvement of foreign entities and individuals in the publishing sector.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Model).
Porter's Five Forces Model could be used to evaluate the attractiveness of the publishing market China. A quick analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is provided as follows;.
Threat of New Entrants.
Risks of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The possible development in the industry tends to bring in brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. The presence of intense competition and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate new entrants to go into in the market.
Threat of Substitution.
Risk of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The substitute products for the released documents is the files presented in the digital libraries on specific sites. The changing customer choices towards digital knowing increase the threat of alternative for the market.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing industry is high. The presence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Together with it, new entrants are also participating in the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The significant providers of the Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Solution include the suppliers of the paper for releasing files. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the general bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Bargaining power of buyer in the publishing market is high. Due to the presence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the buyers needs high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP runs in a highly competitive industry with the existence of large number of competitors. However, the company has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of Business Process Outsourcing At Apollo Health Street Case Study Solution consist of;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a hazard for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP easily in the existing market scenario.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close competitor of CMP is PTP. It was also established in the exact same period as CMP and CIP. It ranks 6th in the state-owned publishers in regards to service scale. It is likewise among the popular players in the publishing market with an annual total revenues of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Minimizing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Customers
• Growth opportunities.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of potential resources in expansion.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing current capabilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio provides high worth to clients.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core organisation segments to the brand-new one can lead the company to lose need of its items in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the company along with the market analysis and the competitor analysis, Alternative 2 is recommended to CMP to attain its future advancement. As the choices are shifting towards digital publishing and the business need an immediate service to avoid the declining market development. Introduction of digital publishing could prove to be an immediate service with low quantity of danger for the business. Nevertheless, the company could also think about the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its item portfolio, the company ought to first gathers the information connected to the customer need, the prospective markets, the government regulations and the data associated with the competitors provided in the market. After that, the company should decide one potential segment for its preliminary offering. It must collect research study that how it might separate its digital publishing from the existing competitors' products. After all the actions above the company need to opt for the preliminary offering. The company must go for the other markets if the initial offering shows a success. In this method the company would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is declining since 2008, showing a risk to the company's long term existence, but the situation can be controlled by considering an advancement plan in the future. The company might think about introducing digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at instant basis and to prevent the risk of failure for entryway in the brand-new markets.