Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Solution and Analysis
Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Analysis is the largest publishing business with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has ended up being a specialized information provider and a large extensive Science and Technology publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Solution has spent its 60 years journey efficiently, being a successful publishing house, nevertheless, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring particular challenges to the publishing industry in general and CMP in specific. These factors consist of;
• Entryway of the brand-new publishing companies in the market.
• Decreasing development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing techniques
• Enhancement of science and innovation.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised a number of concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be used to strive for the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Solution has particular strengths that can be utilized to minimize the threats, get rid of the weakness and obtain the chances. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Solution in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the business to provide high quality products at a lower cost using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities generated by its effective journey offer a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and supply high value to its consumers.
• Strong financial position allows the business to think about numerous advancement chances without any worry of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the company has certain weak points which could increase restraints for the company in implementing its advancement program. The weaknesses of Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Analysis are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing company, the business still has traditional ways ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It should propose certain expansion strategies to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to attain long term growth.
The growth of the publishing market is declining since 2008, impacting Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Analysis as well, however the growth might be restored by availing particular chances provided in the market. The market chances for CMP include;
• The business might also introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong client recognition in the market.
• CMP could consider an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to reduce its reliance over Chinese markets by using its vast funds.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competition in the publishing industry has presented particular hazards to Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Help consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries could result in decreasing market share of Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Solution due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of rivals in the publishing industry increase the threat for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can get a strong customer base by using particular techniques like aggressive promotion, quality products, etc.
• Entrance of new publishing firms in the market together with presence of high competitors increases the threat of losing the customer base.
The business has a quite competitive financial performance. Due to absence of data, the monetary ratios of CMP might not be computed. The overall monetary performance of the business might be examined by using the graphs provided in the case Appendices. It might be evaluated from the Appendix III that the yearly total revenues of CMP during the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, revealing that the yearly need of the items of Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Solution is growing and the company is rather efficient in bring in a a great deal of consumers at a prospective cost.
Along with it, the 2nd graph which reveals the yearly growth in the Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Analysis total properties, shows that the business is rather efficient in including worth to its possessions through its revenues. The development in assets shows that the total value of the company is likewise increasing with increasing the overall profits. (Unknown, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the business using the given data could be the analysis concerning the distribution of total earnings of the company. Major part of the earnings of CMP originates from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other business sections with a potential development to achieve its future advancement goal.
PESTEL analysis could be carried out to find out the different external forces affecting the efficiency of the company and the current patterns in the external environment of the company. A quick PESTEL analysis of the company is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a significant impact on the mindset of individuals about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is highly supervised and directed by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China. Therefore, it could be stated that the general political forces affecting Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Analysis business are high. The government policies concerning the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in particular includesthe rates of paper, the income level of customers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP development of the country. All these forces combine impact the need for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population growth, the consumer's choices towards reading useful materials etc. China has the greatest population in the world with a high population growth, revealing the increasing variety of customers of the Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Analysis. However, the customer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP should focus on digital publishing to satisfy the altering consumer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological improvement in the reading strategies and so on. Enhancement of science and innovation along with the rise of digital publishing could lower the demand for the CMP items, if specific actions would not be taken soon.
Ecological forces affecting Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Solution includes the concerns of ecological neighborhoods over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink utilized while publishing should not be damaging for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be approved initially by the Federal government to be entered in the publishing market.
Market Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's 5 Forces Design might be used to evaluate the attractiveness of the publishing industry China. A brief analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is provided as follows;.
Danger of New Entrants.
Threats of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The potential growth in the industry tends to attract new entrants to the publishing market. The presence of extreme competitors and the requirement of substantial capital tends to demotivate new entrants to go into in the market.
Threat of Alternative.
Threat of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The substitute products for the published documents is the files provided in the digital libraries on specific websites. The altering customer preferences towards digital learning increase the risk of replacement for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing industry is high. The existence of large number of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Along with it, new entrants are likewise participating in the marketplace increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The major providers of the Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Solution include the providers of the paper for releasing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Bargaining power of buyer in the publishing market is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the purchasers requires high quality files at competitive prices.
CMP operates in a highly competitive industry with the presence of large number of competitors. The business has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Solution include;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis among the close competitors of CMP. Established in the very same duration, CIP publishes similar kind of books. For a big period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks 2nd and 3rd in different market sections, with a significant focus on academic publications. CIP functions as a danger for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is concentrated on digital publishing and could wean the marketplace share of Citigroup 2007 Financial Reporting And Regulatory Capital Case Study Solution easily in the existing market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close competitor of CMP is PTP. It was also founded in the very same duration as CMP and CIP. It ranks 6th in the state-owned publishers in terms of service scale. It is also one of the prominent players in the publishing industry with a yearly overall incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Reducing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Consumers
• Development chances.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Use of prospective resources in expansion.
• Threat of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present using current abilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio provides high value to clients.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business sections to the brand-new one can lead the business to lose demand of its products in the market.
As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the company need an instant service to avoid the declining industry development. The business could likewise consider the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its item portfolio, the company must initially gathers the data related to the customer demand, the prospective markets, the government policies and the information related to the rivals provided in the market. If the preliminary offering shows a success, the company ought to go for the other markets. In this way the company would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
The growth of the publishing market is declining since 2008, revealing a risk to the business's long term presence, however the situation can be managed by considering an advancement strategy in the future. The business might think about presenting digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at instant basis and to prevent the danger of failure for entryway in the new markets.