Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Solution and Analysis
Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Solution is the biggest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has ended up being a specialized details company and a big extensive Science and Innovation publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has spent its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing house, however, the changing macro market trends and forces bring certain obstacles to the publishing industry in basic and Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Solution in specific. These elements consist of;
• Entryway of the new publishing firms in the market.
• Decreasing development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing methods
• Enhancement of science and technology.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised numerous concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be made use of to strive for the future development unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Analysis has particular strengths that can be utilized to decrease the risks, overcome the weak point and get the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years enables the business to supply high quality items at a lower expense utilizing its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities produced by its successful journey provide a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Huge product portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its risk and supply high worth to its clients.
• Strong monetary position allows the company to consider several development chances without any fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has particular weaknesses which could increase constraints for the company in implementing its advancement program. The weaknesses of Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Solution are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing company, the company still has traditional ways ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It ought to propose particular expansion plans to avoid its dependence over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term growth.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is declining because 2008, impacting Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Solution also, but the development could be revived by availing specific opportunities presented in the market. The market opportunities for CMP consist of;
• The company might also present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong customer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP might consider a development program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to decrease its reliance over Chinese markets by utilizing its vast funds.
The altering macro trends in the market and increasing competition in the publishing industry has postured particular hazards to Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Solution including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might lead to declining market share of Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Help due to the customer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The existence of large number of rivals in the publishing industry increase the hazard for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can gain a strong consumer base by utilizing certain methods like aggressive promo, quality products, etc.
• Entryway of new publishing companies in the industry together with existence of high competitors increases the risk of losing the consumer base.
Due to absence of data, the financial ratios of CMP might not be calculated. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the annual total revenues of Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Help throughout the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the annual need of the products of CMP is growing and the company is quite effective in bring in a big number of clients at a potential rate.
In addition to it, the second chart which reveals the annual growth in the Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Help overall assets, shows that the business is quite efficient in including worth to its properties through its earnings. The growth in possessions shows that the total worth of the firm is likewise increasing with increasing the total incomes. (Unknown, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the company using the given information might be the analysis concerning the circulation of total incomes of the business. Huge part of the incomes of CMP comes from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The company could move towards other organisation sectors with a possible development to accomplish its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis might be conducted to learn the different external forces affecting the efficiency of the company and the current patterns in the external environment of the business. A short PESTEL analysis of the company is given as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a considerable effect on the mindset of the people about the communist ideology of the government, for that reason, the publishing sector is highly supervised and guided by the Promotion Department of the Communist Party of China. Therefore, it could be stated that the total political forces impacting Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Help organisation are high. The government policies relating to the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces affecting the publishing sector in basic and the CMP in particular includesthe prices of paper, the income level of customers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP development of the country. All these forces combine impact the need for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The consumer preferences are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to focus on digital publishing to fulfill the changing customer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP consist of the technological development in the reading techniques and so on. Improvement of science and technology in addition to the increase of digital publishing could lower the demand for the CMP products, if particular actions would not be taken soon.
Ecological forces affecting Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Analysis includes the concerns of ecological communities over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink utilized while publishing should not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Ordinance 1997 needs the publishers to be approved first by the Government to be gone into in the publishing market.
Market Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's 5 Forces Model could be used to analyze the attractiveness of the publishing market China. A brief analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is offered as follows;.
Danger of New Entrants.
Threats of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective development in the market tends to draw in new entrants to the publishing market. The presence of intense competition and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate new entrants to enter in the market.
Hazard of Alternative.
Danger of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The substitute products for the published documents is the documents presented in the digital libraries on particular websites. The altering customer choices towards digital learning increase the risk of alternative for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The existence of large number of customers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Along with it, new entrants are likewise participating in the marketplace increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The major suppliers of the Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Analysis include the suppliers of the paper for releasing files. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the general bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Bargaining power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers needs high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP operates in an extremely competitive industry with the existence of a great deal of rivals. The business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Solution consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close rivals of CMP. Established in the same duration, CIP publishes comparable type of books. For a big time period, CIP held the largest market share, and still ranks third and second in different market segments, with a major concentrate on academic publications. CIP acts as a risk for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is concentrated on digital publishing and could wean the market share of Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Help easily in the existing market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise founded in the same duration as Coaching For Exceptional Performance Workshop Senior Associate Capital Markets Chen Jia Wei Case Study Help and CIP. It is likewise one of the prominent gamers in the publishing industry with an annual total earnings of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Decreasing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Customers
• Growth chances.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Use of possible resources in growth.
• Risk of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing existing abilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio provides high value to clients.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core organisation segments to the new one can lead the business to lose need of its items in the market.
With the deep analysis of the external and internal environment of the business along with the industry analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is advised to CMP to attain its future development. As the preferences are shifting towards digital publishing and the business require an immediate option to avoid the decreasing market development. For that reason, introduction of digital publishing could show to be an immediate option with low quantity of risk for the business. The company might likewise consider the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business must initially gathers the data associated with the customer demand, the possible markets, the federal government guidelines and the data connected to the competitors provided in the market. After that, the business should choose one possible section for its preliminary offering. It should gather research that how it could distinguish its digital publishing from the existing competitors' products. After all the steps above the company must opt for the initial offering. The business needs to go for the other markets if the preliminary offering proves a success. In this way the business would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the development of the publishing market is decreasing because 2008, showing a danger to the company's long term presence, however the scenario can be managed by thinking about an advancement plan in the future. The business might think about presenting digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at instant basis and to avoid the danger of failure for entrance in the new markets.