Columbia Hills East Case Study Solution and Analysis
Columbia Hills East Case Study Solution is the biggest publishing company with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has become a specialized info supplier and a large thorough Science and Innovation publishing business through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Columbia Hills East Case Study Analysis has actually spent its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing house, nevertheless, the changing macro market trends and forces bring certain challenges to the publishing market in basic and CMP in particular. These elements include;
• Entrance of the new publishing firms in the industry.
• Declining development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing techniques
• Enhancement of science and innovation.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised numerous concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be made use of to pursue the future advancement unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Columbia Hills East Case Study Solution has particular strengths that can be made use of to reduce the risks, conquer the weak point and obtain the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Columbia Hills East Case Study Help in the publishing market i.e. 60 years enables the business to offer high quality products at a lower cost utilizing its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities produced by its successful journey offer a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Huge product portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its risk and supply high worth to its customers.
• Strong financial position enables the business to consider several development opportunities without any worry of raising fund externally.
In addition to the strengths, the business has certain weak points which might increase restrictions for the business in executing its development program. The weak points of Columbia Hills East Case Study Solution are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the company still has conventional ways ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It needs to propose certain expansion plans to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to achieve long term development.
Although, the development of the publishing market is decreasing given that 2008, affecting Columbia Hills East Case Study Solution too, but the growth might be revived by availing certain chances presented in the market. The market chances for CMP include;
• The business might likewise introduce Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong consumer recognition in the market.
• CMP might think about a development program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to decrease its dependence over Chinese markets by using its huge financial resources.
The changing macro trends in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing industry has positioned certain dangers to Columbia Hills East Case Study Analysis consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries could cause declining market share of Columbia Hills East Case Study Help due to the consumer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of large number of competitors in the publishing industry increase the threat for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can get a strong customer base by utilizing specific strategies like aggressive promo, quality products, and so on
• Entryway of new publishing firms in the industry in addition to existence of high competitors increases the risk of losing the customer base.
The company has a rather competitive monetary performance. Due to absence of data, the financial ratios of CMP might not be determined. The overall financial performance of the company could be examined by using the graphs offered in the case Appendices. It could be analyzed from the Appendix III that the annual total earnings of CMP during the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, showing that the annual demand of the products of Columbia Hills East Case Study Solution is growing and the company is rather effective in attracting a a great deal of clients at a possible price.
Together with it, the 2nd chart which reveals the yearly development in the Columbia Hills East Case Study Analysis total properties, shows that the company is rather effective in adding worth to its assets through its profits. The growth in properties reveals that the overall worth of the firm is likewise increasing with increasing the total incomes. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the business using the offered data might be the analysis relating to the distribution of overall earnings of the business. Major part of the earnings of CMP originates from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The company could move towards other company sectors with a potential development to accomplish its future advancement goal.
PESTEL analysis might be performed to find out the numerous external forces affecting the performance of the business and the current patterns in the external environment of the company. A brief PESTEL analysis of the company is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a significant impact on the mindset of individuals about the communist ideology of the federal government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely monitored and directed by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. Therefore, it could be stated that the total political forces affecting Columbia Hills East Case Study Solution company are high. The government policies relating to the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces impacting the publishing sector in basic and the CMP in particular includesthe rates of paper, the income level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP development of the nation. All these forces combine effect the need for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population development, the consumer's preferences towards reading helpful materials and so on. China has the highest population in the world with a high population growth, showing the increasing number of customers of the Columbia Hills East Case Study Solution. However, the customer choices are moving towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to focus on digital publishing to meet the changing customer choices.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological advancement in the reading techniques etc. Enhancement of science and innovation along with the increase of digital publishing could decrease the demand for the CMP products, if specific actions would not be taken soon.
Ecological forces impacting Columbia Hills East Case Study Solution consists of the concerns of ecological neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is needed to be disposable and the ink used while publishing needs to not be harmful for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal guidelines concerning the publishing sector is controlled by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized initially by the Government to be entered in the publishing market. The ordinance forbids direct involvement of foreign entities and individuals in the publishing sector.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's Five Forces Design might be utilized to evaluate the beauty of the publishing market China. A brief analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is provided as follows;.
Hazard of New Entrants.
Hazards of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective growth in the industry tends to bring in brand-new entrants to the publishing market. However, the presence of intense competitors and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to enter in the market.
Danger of Replacement.
Danger of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The replacement products for the released documents is the documents presented in the virtual libraries on certain websites. The altering customer choices towards digital knowing increase the risk of substitution for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The presence of a great deal of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Together with it, brand-new entrants are also entering into the marketplace increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major providers of the Columbia Hills East Case Study Help include the suppliers of the paper for releasing documents. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the total bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Bargaining power of purchaser in the publishing market is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the purchasers requires high quality documents at competitive costs.
CMP runs in an extremely competitive market with the existence of a great deal of competitors. Nevertheless, the business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Columbia Hills East Case Study Analysis consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIPis among the close competitors of CMP. Established in the same duration, CIP publishes similar type of books. For a large period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks 3rd and 2nd in various market sections, with a significant focus on educational publications. CIP acts as a risk for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is concentrated on digital publishing and might wean the marketplace share of Columbia Hills East Case Study Analysis quickly in the existing market circumstance.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise established in the same period as Columbia Hills East Case Study Help and CIP. It is likewise one of the prominent gamers in the publishing market with an annual overall earnings of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Decreasing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Customers
• Development chances.
• Avoiding the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Use of possible resources in growth.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing current capabilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio supplies high value to clients.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core service sections to the brand-new one can lead the company to lose demand of its products in the market.
As the choices are shifting towards digital publishing and the business need an instant service to avoid the declining industry growth. The business could also think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the company must first collects the data associated with the customer demand, the potential markets, the government policies and the data related to the competitors presented in the market. After that, the company needs to decide one prospective sector for its preliminary offering. It should gather research study that how it might separate its digital publishing from the existing competitors' items. After all the steps above the business should go for the preliminary offering. If the preliminary offering proves a success, the company must go for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is decreasing because 2008, revealing a danger to the business's long term presence, but the situation can be controlled by thinking about an advancement plan in the future. The business might consider introducing digital publishingin its existing market to implement its development program at instant basis and to prevent the risk of failure for entryway in the brand-new markets.