Demographics And The Economy Case Study Solution and Analysis
Demographics And The Economy Case Study Help is the largest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has become a specialized info provider and a large extensive Science and Technology publishing company through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Demographics And The Economy Case Study Help has spent its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing house, nevertheless, the altering macro market trends and forces bring particular obstacles to the publishing industry in general and CMP in particular. These elements consist of;
• Entrance of the brand-new publishing firms in the market.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing strategies
• Enhancement of science and technology.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised a number of concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be made use of to pursue the future advancement unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Demographics And The Economy Case Study Solution has certain strengths that can be made use of to reduce the dangers, overcome the weak point and get the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of Demographics And The Economy Case Study Solution in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the business to provide high quality products at a lower expense using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities created by its successful journey provide a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Vast product portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and provide high value to its consumers.
• Strong monetary position enables the business to consider numerous advancement chances with no worry of raising fund externally.
Along with the strengths, the company has certain weaknesses which could increase constraints for the business in implementing its development program. The weak points of Demographics And The Economy Case Study Help are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the company still has standard ways ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It ought to propose particular expansion strategies to prevent its dependence over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term growth.
The growth of the publishing market is decreasing since 2008, impacting Demographics And The Economy Case Study Help as well, but the growth could be restored by availing particular opportunities provided in the market. The market opportunities for CMP consist of;
• The business might also introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong customer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could think about an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to lower its dependence over Chinese markets by using its vast financial resources.
The changing macro trends in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing market has positioned particular risks to Demographics And The Economy Case Study Help consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might lead to decreasing market share of Demographics And The Economy Case Study Help due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The existence of a great deal of competitors in the publishing market increase the danger for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can acquire a strong customer base by utilizing particular strategies like aggressive promotion, quality products, and so on
• Entrance of brand-new publishing firms in the market along with existence of high competitors increases the threat of losing the client base.
Due to absence of data, the financial ratios of CMP might not be calculated. It might be examined from the Appendix III that the yearly total profits of Demographics And The Economy Case Study Solution throughout the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, showing that the annual demand of the products of CMP is growing and the company is rather effective in drawing in a big number of consumers at a prospective rate.
In addition to it, the 2nd graph which shows the yearly growth in the Demographics And The Economy Case Study Analysis overall properties, reveals that the company is rather efficient in adding value to its possessions through its incomes. The development in properties shows that the overall worth of the company is also increasing with increasing the overall earnings. (Unknown, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the company using the given information might be the analysis regarding the distribution of total profits of the company. Huge part of the profits of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business could move towards other service sectors with a possible development to attain its future development goal.
PESTEL analysis might be conducted to discover the different external forces impacting the performance of the company and the current trends in the external environment of the business. A quick PESTEL analysis of the business is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a significant impact on the state of mind of individuals about the communist ideology of the government, for that reason, the publishing sector is highly supervised and guided by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. It might be stated that the overall political forces impacting CMP organisation are high. The government policies regarding the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the Demographics And The Economy Case Study Analysis in particular includesthe rates of paper, the income level of customers, the inflation rate, and the total GDP development of the nation. All these forces combine impact the demand for the publishing market. Together with it, the financial policies related to the import of books affect the general organisation at CPM. However, China's economic conditions are quite favorable for CMP with high GDP growth and customer income level.
Social and Demographical.
The consumer choices are moving towards digital publishing rather than the traditional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP ought to focus on digital publishing to satisfy the altering customer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP consist of the technological improvement in the reading techniques and so on. Improvement of science and technology along with the increase of digital publishing might decrease the need for the CMP items, if particular actions would not be taken soon.
Ecological forces affecting Demographics And The Economy Case Study Help consists of the issues of environmental neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink used while publishing ought to not be damaging for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be approved initially by the Government to be entered in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Design could be utilized to examine the beauty of the publishing market China. A brief analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is given as follows;.
Hazard of New Entrants.
Threats of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The potential growth in the industry tends to bring in new entrants to the publishing industry. The existence of intense competition and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to enter in the market.
Danger of Alternative.
Hazard of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The replacement products for the published documents is the files provided in the digital libraries on particular websites. The changing consumer preferences towards digital knowing increase the threat of substitution for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The existence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Along with it, brand-new entrants are also participating in the marketplace increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The significant suppliers of the Demographics And The Economy Case Study Help include the suppliers of the paper for releasing documents. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the total bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Bargaining power of purchaser in the publishing industry is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers needs high quality documents at competitive rates.
CMP operates in a highly competitive market with the presence of a great deal of competitors. However, the business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of Demographics And The Economy Case Study Solution consist of;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a threat for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP easily in the present market scenario.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise founded in the very same duration as Demographics And The Economy Case Study Analysis and CIP. It is also one of the popular players in the publishing market with an annual total profits of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Reducing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Clients
• Growth chances.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of possible resources in growth.
• Risk of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing existing capabilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio provides high value to customers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core organisation segments to the new one can lead the business to lose demand of its items in the market.
With the deep analysis of the external and internal environment of the business in addition to the industry analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is suggested to CMP to attain its future advancement. As the choices are shifting towards digital publishing and the company require an instant solution to prevent the decreasing market growth. Intro of digital publishing could show to be an instant service with low amount of danger for the company. However, the company might likewise think about the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its item portfolio, the company ought to first collects the information related to the customer need, the prospective markets, the federal government guidelines and the information related to the rivals presented in the market. If the initial offering shows a success, the business ought to go for the other markets. In this method the business would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
The development of the publishing market is decreasing given that 2008, showing a threat to the business's long term presence, but the scenario can be managed by considering an advancement strategy in the future. The business might consider presenting digital publishingin its existing market to implement its development program at immediate basis and to prevent the threat of failure for entryway in the brand-new markets.