Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Solution and Analysis
Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Help is the largest publishing business with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually become a specialized details company and a big thorough Science and Innovation publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has actually invested its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing home, nevertheless, the changing macro market trends and forces bring specific obstacles to the publishing market in general and Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Solution in specific. These aspects include;
• Entryway of the brand-new publishing firms in the industry.
• Decreasing growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing techniques
• Enhancement of science and technology.
The change of the macro markets have raised a number of concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be used to pursue the future advancement unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Help has specific strengths that can be utilized to reduce the risks, conquer the weakness and avail the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Help in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years enables the company to provide high quality products at a lower cost using its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities produced by its effective journey supply a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Large product portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its threat and provide high value to its consumers.
• Strong financial position permits the business to think about several development chances with no worry of raising fund externally.
Along with the strengths, the company has specific weaknesses which could increase constraints for the company in executing its development program. The weak points of Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Analysis are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing company, the company still has conventional methods ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It ought to propose certain growth strategies to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to attain long term development.
Although, the development of the publishing market is declining because 2008, impacting Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Solution as well, but the growth could be restored by availing particular opportunities provided in the market. The market opportunities for CMP consist of;
• The company could also present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong client acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP might think about a development program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to lower its reliance over Chinese markets by using its vast financial resources.
The changing macro trends in the market and increasing competition in the publishing market has presented particular dangers to Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Help consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might result in decreasing market share of Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Help due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of large number of competitors in the publishing industry increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can get a strong customer base by utilizing specific methods like aggressive promotion, quality products, etc.
• Entryway of new publishing companies in the industry along with presence of high competition increases the danger of losing the client base.
Due to lack of data, the financial ratios of CMP could not be calculated. It could be analyzed from the Appendix III that the annual overall earnings of Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Help during the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the annual need of the items of CMP is growing and the business is rather efficient in drawing in a large number of consumers at a possible price.
Along with it, the 2nd graph which shows the yearly development in the Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Help overall assets, reveals that the business is rather efficient in adding worth to its assets through its incomes. The development in possessions shows that the overall worth of the company is also increasing with increasing the total profits. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business using the offered information could be the analysis relating to the circulation of overall incomes of the company. Huge part of the earnings of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other service segments with a potential development to accomplish its future advancement objective.
PESTEL analysis could be carried out to learn the numerous external forces affecting the efficiency of the business and the recent trends in the external environment of the company. A quick PESTEL analysis of the company is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a significant effect on the frame of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is highly supervised and directed by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China. For that reason, it could be stated that the total political forces affecting Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Solution business are high. The government policies relating to the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in basic and the Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Analysis in specific includesthe prices of paper, the income level of customers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP development of the nation. All these forces combine effect the need for the publishing market. In addition to it, the financial policies related to the import of books impact the total company at CPM. China's financial conditions are quite beneficial for CMP with high GDP development and customer earnings level.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces consist of the population growth, the consumer's preferences towards reading informative materials and so on. China has the greatest population on the planet with a high population growth, showing the increasing variety of customers of the Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Solution. The consumer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must focus on digital publishing to meet the altering customer preferences.
Technological forces affecting the CMP consist of the technological advancement in the reading techniques etc. Enhancement of science and technology together with the increase of digital publishing could lower the demand for the CMP items, if certain actions would not be taken quickly.
Environmental forces impacting Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Analysis includes the concerns of environmental neighborhoods over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink utilized while publishing must not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized initially by the Government to be entered in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Design).
Porter's Five Forces Model might be utilized to analyze the appearance of the publishing industry China. A brief analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is provided as follows;.
Risk of New Entrants.
Risks of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The possible development in the industry tends to bring in new entrants to the publishing market. However, the existence of intense competitors and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to go into in the marketplace.
Danger of Substitution.
Risk of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The alternative products for the published files is the documents presented in the digital libraries on certain sites. The altering customer preferences towards digital learning increase the hazard of replacement for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The presence of a great deal of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. In addition to it, new entrants are likewise participating in the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major suppliers of the Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Solution include the providers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the general bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Haggling power of purchaser in the publishing market is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers requires high quality files at competitive prices.
CMP runs in an extremely competitive industry with the presence of large number of rivals. The company has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Analysis consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis among the close rivals of CMP. Established in the same duration, CIP releases similar kind of books. For a big time period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks 3rd and second in various market segments, with a significant concentrate on academic publications. CIP serves as a danger for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Help easily in the current market scenario.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise established in the exact same period as Department Of Computer Science And Creative Technologies Case Study Analysis and CIP. It is likewise one of the popular gamers in the publishing market with a yearly overall earnings of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Reducing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Customers
• Growth chances.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of potential resources in expansion.
• Risk of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to introduce using existing capabilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio offers high worth to customers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business segments to the new one can lead the company to lose need of its items in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the business along with the market analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is recommended to CMP to accomplish its future advancement. As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the company need an instant service to avoid the decreasing market development. Therefore, introduction of digital publishing might show to be an instant service with low amount of danger for the business. Nevertheless, the business could also think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the company needs to initially collects the data related to the consumer need, the potential markets, the federal government policies and the information related to the rivals provided in the market. If the initial offering proves a success, the business needs to go for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is declining since 2008, showing a danger to the company's long term presence, however the scenario can be managed by thinking about a development strategy in the future. The company could think about introducing digital publishingin its existing market to implement its advancement program at instant basis and to prevent the threat of failure for entrance in the new markets.