Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Solution and Analysis
Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Analysis is the biggest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually become a specialized information company and a big detailed Science and Innovation publishing business through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing house, however, the changing macro market patterns and forces bring specific difficulties to the publishing market in basic and Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Analysis in specific. These elements include;
• Entryway of the new publishing firms in the market.
• Declining development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing strategies
• Improvement of science and innovation.
The change of the macro markets have raised numerous concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be used to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Analysis has specific strengths that can be utilized to minimize the threats, get rid of the weakness and get the chances. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Analysis in the publishing market i.e. 60 years permits the company to offer high quality products at a lower cost using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities created by its successful journey offer a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its risk and provide high value to its consumers.
• Strong monetary position allows the business to consider numerous advancement opportunities without any fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has certain weaknesses which might increase restraints for the business in implementing its development program. The weak points of Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Help are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing company, the business still has standard ways ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It must propose certain growth strategies to prevent its reliance over the Chinese markets to attain long term development.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is decreasing because 2008, affecting Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Analysis too, however the development could be revived by availing particular opportunities presented in the market. The market chances for CMP include;
• The company might likewise introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong consumer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could think about an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to lower its dependence over Chinese markets by utilizing its vast funds.
The changing macro trends in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing market has actually positioned specific threats to Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Solution consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might lead to declining market share of Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Help due to the customer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The existence of large number of competitors in the publishing market increase the hazard for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can acquire a strong customer base by using specific techniques like aggressive promo, quality products, etc.
• Entrance of brand-new publishing firms in the market along with presence of high competitors increases the threat of losing the customer base.
The company has a quite competitive financial efficiency. Due to absence of information, the financial ratios of CMP could not be computed. Nevertheless, the overall financial performance of the business might be examined by using the charts given in the case Appendices. It might be evaluated from the Appendix III that the annual overall incomes of CMP throughout the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, revealing that the yearly need of the products of Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Solution is growing and the business is rather efficient in attracting a a great deal of clients at a possible price.
Together with it, the 2nd chart which shows the yearly growth in the Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Solution total possessions, reveals that the company is quite efficient in including worth to its possessions through its profits. The growth in assets shows that the total value of the company is likewise increasing with increasing the total incomes. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business using the provided data might be the analysis regarding the distribution of overall earnings of the company. Major part of the profits of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The business could move towards other company sectors with a prospective growth to attain its future advancement objective.
PESTEL analysis might be performed to find out the different external forces impacting the efficiency of the company and the current trends in the external environment of the company. A quick PESTEL analysis of the company is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a significant influence on the state of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the federal government, for that reason, the publishing sector is highly supervised and assisted by the Promotion Department of the Communist Party of China. For that reason, it might be stated that the general political forces impacting Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Solution service are high. The federal government policies regarding the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Help in specific includesthe prices of paper, the earnings level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP development of the nation. All these forces integrate impact the demand for the publishing market. Along with it, the economic policies connected to the import of books affect the overall service at CPM. Nevertheless, China's financial conditions are quite favorable for CMP with high GDP growth and consumer earnings level.
Social and Demographical.
The consumer choices are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the traditional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must focus on digital publishing to fulfill the changing customer preferences.
Technological forces affecting the CMP consist of the technological development in the reading methods etc. Improvement of science and innovation in addition to the increase of digital publishing might decrease the demand for the CMP items, if specific actions would not be taken quickly.
Environmental forces impacting Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Solution includes the concerns of ecological neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink used while publishing needs to not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 needs the publishers to be approved initially by the Government to be entered in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Design).
Porter's 5 Forces Design might be utilized to evaluate the beauty of the publishing market China. A quick analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is provided as follows;.
Threat of New Entrants.
Threats of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The prospective development in the industry tends to attract new entrants to the publishing market. Nevertheless, the existence of extreme competition and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate new entrants to enter in the marketplace.
Threat of Substitution.
Danger of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The replacement items for the published documents is the files presented in the digital libraries on particular websites. The changing consumer preferences towards digital knowing increase the threat of replacement for the market.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The existence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Along with it, new entrants are also entering into the market increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major providers of the Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Help consist of the suppliers of the paper for releasing files. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Negotiating power of purchaser in the publishing industry is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the purchasers needs high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP operates in a highly competitive market with the presence of a great deal of competitors. The business has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant rivals of Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Help include;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close competitors of CMP. Established in the very same duration, CIP publishes comparable kind of books. For a large time period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks 2nd and 3rd in various market sections, with a significant concentrate on instructional publications. CIP serves as a hazard for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is concentrated on digital publishing and could wean the market share of Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Solution easily in the present market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was also established in the same duration as Employee Motivation And Retention Strategies At Microsoft Corporation Case Study Help and CIP. It is also one of the popular gamers in the publishing industry with an annual total incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Reducing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Clients
• Growth opportunities.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Use of possible resources in expansion.
• Threat of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing existing capabilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio supplies high worth to customers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core company segments to the new one can lead the company to lose need of its items in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the business together with the industry analysis and the competitor analysis, Alternative 2 is recommended to CMP to achieve its future advancement. As the preferences are shifting towards digital publishing and the business require an immediate service to avoid the decreasing market development. Therefore, intro of digital publishing might prove to be an immediate service with low quantity of danger for the business. The company might also consider the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business should first collects the data related to the customer demand, the possible markets, the government guidelines and the data related to the competitors presented in the market. If the preliminary offering proves a success, the company should go for the other markets. In this way the business would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
The growth of the publishing market is decreasing given that 2008, showing a hazard to the business's long term existence, but the situation can be controlled by considering an advancement plan in the future. The company could consider introducing digital publishingin its existing market to implement its advancement program at instant basis and to avoid the threat of failure for entrance in the brand-new markets.