Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Solution and Analysis
Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Help is the largest publishing company with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has ended up being a specialized information supplier and a large comprehensive Science and Technology publishing business through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Help has invested its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing house, nevertheless, the changing macro market trends and forces bring certain obstacles to the publishing market in basic and CMP in specific. These aspects consist of;
• Entrance of the new publishing companies in the industry.
• Declining development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing techniques
• Improvement of science and innovation.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised several concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the abilities of the company could be utilized to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Solution has certain strengths that can be utilized to decrease the hazards, conquer the weakness and avail the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Solution in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years enables the business to supply high quality items at a lower cost using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities generated by its effective journey provide a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Huge item portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its threat and provide high value to its clients.
• Strong monetary position enables the company to consider numerous advancement chances with no fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has specific weak points which might increase constraints for the company in executing its development program. The weaknesses of Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Solution are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the business still has standard methods ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It should propose specific expansion strategies to avoid its dependence over the Chinese markets to attain long term growth.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is decreasing since 2008, affecting Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Help also, but the development might be revived by availing specific opportunities presented in the market. The market opportunities for CMP include;
• The company could also present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong customer recognition in the market.
• CMP might think about an advancement program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to lower its reliance over Chinese markets by using its large funds.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing market has positioned specific hazards to Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Solution including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries could result in decreasing market share of Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Analysis due to the consumer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of competitors in the publishing industry increase the danger for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can gain a strong customer base by utilizing specific strategies like aggressive promo, quality items, and so on
• Entryway of new publishing firms in the market in addition to presence of high competitors increases the risk of losing the customer base.
Due to absence of information, the financial ratios of CMP could not be computed. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the yearly overall incomes of Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Help during the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the yearly need of the items of CMP is growing and the company is rather effective in attracting a big number of customers at a potential cost.
Along with it, the 2nd chart which shows the annual growth in the Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Help total assets, shows that the business is rather effective in including value to its properties through its incomes. The development in properties shows that the overall value of the company is likewise increasing with increasing the total revenues. (Unknown, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the company using the given information might be the analysis relating to the circulation of overall profits of the business. Huge part of the revenues of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other organisation segments with a prospective development to achieve its future advancement objective.
PESTEL analysis could be carried out to learn the numerous external forces affecting the efficiency of the business and the current trends in the external environment of the company. A brief PESTEL analysis of the business is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a considerable impact on the state of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is highly monitored and guided by the Promotion Department of the Communist Party of China. It might be stated that the general political forces affecting CMP organisation are high. The government policies relating to the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces affecting the publishing sector in general and the Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Help in specific includesthe prices of paper, the income level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP growth of the nation. All these forces combine effect the demand for the publishing market. In addition to it, the economic policies related to the import of books affect the general company at CPM. China's economic conditions are quite beneficial for CMP with high GDP development and consumer income level.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population growth, the customer's choices towards checking out useful materials etc. China has the highest population on the planet with a high population growth, revealing the increasing number of customers of the Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Solution. Nevertheless, the consumer preferences are moving towards digital publishing instead of the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must focus on digital publishing to meet the altering consumer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological improvement in the reading techniques and so on. Enhancement of science and innovation in addition to the rise of digital publishing might decrease the demand for the CMP products, if certain actions would not be taken soon.
Ecological forces affecting Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Analysis consists of the issues of environmental neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink used while publishing must not be harmful for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal guidelines regarding the publishing sector is controlled by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized first by the Government to be gone into in the publishing market. The regulation forbids direct participation of foreign entities and people in the publishing sector.
Market Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Model might be utilized to evaluate the appearance of the publishing market China. A short analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is given as follows;.
Hazard of New Entrants.
Dangers of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The possible growth in the industry tends to draw in brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. However, the existence of extreme competition and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to go into in the marketplace.
Danger of Alternative.
Danger of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The alternative products for the released documents is the documents presented in the virtual libraries on specific websites. The altering consumer preferences towards digital learning increase the threat of alternative for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The presence of a great deal of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. In addition to it, brand-new entrants are likewise entering into the marketplace increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The significant providers of the Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Solution include the suppliers of the paper for releasing documents. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Bargaining power of buyer in the publishing market is high. Due to the existence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the buyers needs high quality documents at competitive costs.
CMP operates in a highly competitive industry with the existence of large number of competitors. Nevertheless, the business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Analysis consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a danger for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP easily in the present market scenario.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was also founded in the same period as Financing Higher Education In Australia Case Study Analysis and CIP. It is also one of the prominent gamers in the publishing market with a yearly total revenues of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Decreasing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Consumers
• Growth chances.
• Preventing the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Use of potential resources in expansion.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing present abilities.
• Low risk of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio provides high value to customers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core service segments to the brand-new one can lead the company to lose demand of its products in the market.
As the preferences are shifting towards digital publishing and the company need an instant service to avoid the decreasing industry growth. The business could also think about the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its item portfolio, the business should initially collects the information related to the consumer need, the potential markets, the federal government policies and the information related to the rivals presented in the market. If the preliminary offering shows a success, the business should go for the other markets. In this way the business would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is decreasing because 2008, showing a risk to the company's long term existence, but the situation can be managed by thinking about a development plan in the future. The company might think about introducing digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at immediate basis and to prevent the risk of failure for entryway in the new markets.