First Solar Case Study Solution and Analysis
First Solar Case Study Help is the largest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually become a specialized information supplier and a big thorough Science and Technology publishing company through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing house, however, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring specific difficulties to the publishing market in general and First Solar Case Study Analysis in particular. These factors consist of;
• Entryway of the new publishing companies in the market.
• Decreasing development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing techniques
• Enhancement of science and innovation.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised a number of concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the business could be made use of to strive for the future advancement unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
First Solar Case Study Analysis has specific strengths that can be made use of to lower the threats, get rid of the weak point and avail the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of First Solar Case Study Help in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the business to provide high quality products at a lower cost using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities created by its effective journey supply a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its risk and provide high value to its consumers.
• Strong financial position permits the company to think about several advancement opportunities with no fear of raising fund externally.
In addition to the strengths, the company has certain weak points which might increase constraints for the company in executing its development program. The weak points of First Solar Case Study Solution are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing company, the business still has traditional methods ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It ought to propose particular expansion plans to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to achieve long term growth.
Although, the growth of the publishing market is decreasing because 2008, impacting First Solar Case Study Analysis also, however the development could be restored by availing specific chances provided in the market. The market chances for CMP consist of;
• The company might also present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong client recognition in the market.
• CMP might consider a development program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to reduce its reliance over Chinese markets by utilizing its large financial resources.
The altering macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing industry has presented certain dangers to First Solar Case Study Solution consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might cause declining market share of First Solar Case Study Solution due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of competitors in the publishing market increase the threat for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can get a strong consumer base by utilizing specific techniques like aggressive promo, quality items, and so on
• Entrance of brand-new publishing firms in the industry along with presence of high competitors increases the danger of losing the consumer base.
Due to lack of data, the monetary ratios of CMP could not be determined. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the annual total profits of First Solar Case Study Help throughout the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the annual need of the items of CMP is growing and the company is quite efficient in drawing in a big number of clients at a potential rate.
Along with it, the second graph which reveals the annual development in the First Solar Case Study Solution total assets, reveals that the business is quite effective in including value to its possessions through its incomes. The growth in properties reveals that the overall worth of the company is likewise increasing with increasing the overall earnings. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company using the given data might be the analysis relating to the distribution of total incomes of the business. Huge part of the revenues of CMP originates from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The company might move towards other service segments with a possible growth to accomplish its future advancement goal.
PESTEL analysis might be carried out to discover the numerous external forces affecting the performance of the business and the recent patterns in the external environment of the business. A short PESTEL analysis of the business is given as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a substantial effect on the mindset of individuals about the communist ideology of the federal government, therefore, the publishing sector is highly monitored and directed by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. For that reason, it could be said that the overall political forces impacting First Solar Case Study Solution organisation are high. The government policies concerning the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in basic and the CMP in particular includesthe rates of paper, the income level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP growth of the nation. All these forces combine impact the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The consumer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must focus on digital publishing to satisfy the altering consumer preferences.
Technological forces affecting the CMP include the technological improvement in the reading methods etc. Enhancement of science and technology along with the increase of digital publishing could decrease the need for the CMP products, if certain actions would not be taken quickly.
Environmental forces affecting First Solar Case Study Solution includes the issues of ecological neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink used while publishing should not be harmful for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal policies concerning the publishing sector is managed by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized first by the Federal government to be entered in the publishing market. The regulation forbids direct participation of foreign entities and people in the publishing sector.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Model could be used to analyze the beauty of the publishing industry China. A short analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is provided as follows;.
Danger of New Entrants.
Dangers of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The potential growth in the industry tends to bring in new entrants to the publishing industry. The presence of intense competitors and the requirement of substantial capital tends to demotivate new entrants to go into in the market.
Threat of Substitution.
Danger of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The alternative items for the published files is the documents presented in the virtual libraries on particular sites. The changing consumer preferences towards digital learning increase the hazard of substitution for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing industry is high. The existence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Along with it, new entrants are likewise participating in the marketplace increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major suppliers of the First Solar Case Study Solution include the providers of the paper for releasing documents. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the overall bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Haggling power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers needs high quality files at competitive prices.
CMP operates in an extremely competitive market with the presence of large number of rivals. The business has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant rivals of First Solar Case Study Analysis consist of;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close rivals of CMP. Founded in the exact same period, CIP releases similar type of books. For a large time period, CIP held the largest market share, and still ranks 3rd and 2nd in different market sections, with a major focus on academic publications. CIP serves as a risk for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the marketplace share of First Solar Case Study Analysis quickly in the current market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close rival of CMP is PTP. It was also established in the same duration as CMP and CIP. It ranks sixth in the state-owned publishers in regards to organisation scale. It is also among the popular players in the publishing market with a yearly total revenues of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Minimizing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Consumers
• Growth opportunities.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of prospective resources in growth.
• Danger of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing current capabilities.
• Low risk of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio offers high worth to consumers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core organisation segments to the brand-new one can lead the business to lose demand of its products in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the company in addition to the industry analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is suggested to CMP to accomplish its future advancement. As the choices are shifting towards digital publishing and the company need an immediate solution to prevent the decreasing industry growth. For that reason, introduction of digital publishing might prove to be an immediate solution with low quantity of risk for the company. However, the company could likewise consider the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business needs to initially gathers the data related to the customer demand, the possible markets, the government regulations and the data related to the competitors provided in the market. If the preliminary offering proves a success, the business must go for the other markets. In this method the business would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
The growth of the publishing market is decreasing since 2008, revealing a risk to the business's long term presence, however the situation can be controlled by considering a development strategy in the future. The company might consider presenting digital publishingin its existing market to implement its advancement program at instant basis and to avoid the threat of failure for entrance in the brand-new markets.