General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Solution and Analysis
General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Solution is the largest publishing business with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has ended up being a specialized information provider and a big extensive Science and Innovation publishing business through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has spent its 60 years journey efficiently, being a successful publishing home, however, the altering macro market trends and forces bring certain difficulties to the publishing market in general and General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Solution in particular. These aspects consist of;
• Entryway of the brand-new publishing firms in the market.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing methods
• Improvement of science and technology.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised numerous questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be used to strive for the future advancement unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Help has certain strengths that can be used to lower the hazards, get rid of the weakness and get the chances. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Analysis in the publishing market i.e. 60 years permits the company to offer high quality items at a lower expense using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities created by its effective journey provide a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Huge item portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its threat and provide high worth to its clients.
• Strong monetary position allows the company to consider numerous advancement chances without any fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has certain weak points which might increase restraints for the company in implementing its development program. The weaknesses of General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Analysis are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the company still has traditional ways ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It must propose certain expansion strategies to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to achieve long term growth.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is decreasing given that 2008, impacting General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Analysis also, but the development might be revived by availing particular chances provided in the market. The marketplace chances for CMP consist of;
• The company might likewise introduce Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong consumer recognition in the market.
• CMP could consider a development program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to decrease its reliance over Chinese markets by utilizing its vast funds.
The altering macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing market has posed certain threats to General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Analysis consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries could result in declining market share of General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Help due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of rivals in the publishing industry increase the danger for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can acquire a strong consumer base by utilizing particular methods like aggressive promotion, quality items, and so on
• Entrance of new publishing companies in the market in addition to existence of high competition increases the risk of losing the customer base.
The business has a rather competitive monetary efficiency. Due to lack of information, the monetary ratios of CMP could not be computed. However, the total monetary performance of the company might be analyzed by utilizing the graphs given in the case Appendices. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the annual total incomes of CMP throughout the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the annual demand of the products of General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Help is growing and the company is rather effective in attracting a large number of consumers at a possible price.
Along with it, the 2nd chart which reveals the yearly development in the General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Help overall assets, reveals that the company is quite efficient in adding worth to its assets through its incomes. The growth in assets reveals that the overall value of the firm is also increasing with increasing the overall incomes. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company utilizing the given information might be the analysis regarding the distribution of overall incomes of the business. Major part of the earnings of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The company might move towards other organisation sectors with a possible development to achieve its future advancement objective.
PESTEL analysis could be conducted to find out the different external forces impacting the performance of the business and the current trends in the external environment of the company. A quick PESTEL analysis of the company is given as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a significant effect on the mindset of individuals about the communist ideology of the federal government, therefore, the publishing sector is highly supervised and directed by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China. It might be stated that the general political forces impacting CMP service are high. The federal government policies regarding the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in basic and the CMP in specific includesthe prices of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP development of the country. All these forces integrate effect the need for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The customer choices are moving towards digital publishing rather than the traditional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to focus on digital publishing to meet the changing customer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP consist of the technological development in the reading techniques etc. Enhancement of science and technology along with the increase of digital publishing might decrease the demand for the CMP items, if particular actions would not be taken quickly.
Ecological forces impacting General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Solution consists of the concerns of ecological communities over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be non reusable and the ink used while publishing ought to not be harmful for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal guidelines relating to the publishing sector is controlled by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized initially by the Government to be gone into in the publishing market. The regulation prohibits direct involvement of foreign entities and individuals in the publishing sector.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Design might be used to examine the attractiveness of the publishing market China. A brief analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is provided as follows;.
Threat of New Entrants.
Risks of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective development in the industry tends to attract new entrants to the publishing industry. Nevertheless, the presence of extreme competition and the requirement of substantial capital tends to demotivate new entrants to go into in the market.
Threat of Replacement.
Hazard of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The replacement items for the published documents is the documents provided in the virtual libraries on specific sites. The altering customer preferences towards digital knowing increase the threat of alternative for the industry.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The existence of large number of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Together with it, new entrants are also entering into the market increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major providers of the General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Solution include the providers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the total bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Bargaining power of purchaser in the publishing market is high. Due to the existence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the buyers needs high quality documents at competitive costs.
CMP operates in a highly competitive industry with the presence of large number of rivals. The business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major rivals of General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Help include;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close rivals of CMP. Established in the exact same period, CIP releases comparable kind of books. For a large time period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks second and third in numerous market sectors, with a significant focus on instructional publications. CIP acts as a hazard for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the marketplace share of General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Analysis quickly in the existing market circumstance.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise founded in the exact same duration as General Micro Electronics Incorporated Semiconductor Assembly Process 3 Case Study Solution and CIP. It is likewise one of the popular gamers in the publishing industry with a yearly overall incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Reducing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Customers
• Growth opportunities.
• Avoiding the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Usage of potential resources in growth.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing current capabilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio supplies high worth to consumers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business sections to the new one can lead the business to lose demand of its products in the market.
As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the company require an immediate solution to prevent the declining industry development. The company might also think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its item portfolio, the company ought to initially collects the information related to the customer need, the potential markets, the government guidelines and the data associated with the rivals presented in the market. After that, the company must decide one prospective segment for its initial offering. It needs to collect research that how it might separate its digital publishing from the existing rivals' products. After all the steps above the company must go for the preliminary offering. The company should go for the other markets if the preliminary offering shows a success. In this method the business would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
The growth of the publishing industry is declining because 2008, showing a threat to the business's long term presence, however the circumstance can be controlled by thinking about an advancement plan in the future. The company could consider introducing digital publishingin its existing market to implement its development program at immediate basis and to avoid the threat of failure for entrance in the brand-new markets.