Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Solution and Analysis
Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Analysis is the biggest publishing company with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has ended up being a specialized information provider and a big comprehensive Science and Technology publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has actually invested its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing house, however, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring certain obstacles to the publishing market in general and Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Analysis in particular. These aspects consist of;
• Entryway of the new publishing companies in the industry.
• Decreasing growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing strategies
• Improvement of science and technology.
The change of the macro markets have raised a number of questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be made use of to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Analysis has specific strengths that can be utilized to decrease the dangers, overcome the weakness and get the chances. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Solution in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the company to provide high quality products at a lower cost utilizing its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities produced by its successful journey provide a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Huge item portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its danger and provide high value to its customers.
• Strong monetary position allows the business to consider numerous advancement opportunities with no worry of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has particular weak points which might increase restrictions for the business in implementing its advancement program. The weak points of Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Help are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing company, the business still has standard methods ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It should propose particular growth plans to prevent its dependence over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term growth.
Although, the growth of the publishing market is declining because 2008, affecting Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Solution too, but the development could be restored by availing certain chances provided in the market. The market opportunities for CMP include;
• The company could likewise introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong client acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could think about an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to reduce its dependence over Chinese markets by using its large funds.
The altering macro trends in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing industry has actually posed specific dangers to Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Help including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might result in decreasing market share of Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Solution due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of rivals in the publishing market increase the hazard for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can gain a strong consumer base by using specific methods like aggressive promo, quality items, and so on
• Entryway of brand-new publishing companies in the market in addition to presence of high competition increases the threat of losing the consumer base.
Due to lack of information, the monetary ratios of CMP could not be determined. It could be analyzed from the Appendix III that the annual overall earnings of Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Help throughout the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, showing that the yearly demand of the products of CMP is growing and the business is rather efficient in drawing in a big number of consumers at a possible rate.
Along with it, the second chart which shows the annual growth in the Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Help total assets, shows that the business is rather effective in including worth to its possessions through its profits. The development in properties shows that the total value of the company is also increasing with increasing the total revenues. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business using the provided information could be the analysis regarding the circulation of overall earnings of the business. Major part of the revenues of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business could move towards other service segments with a prospective growth to achieve its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis might be performed to find out the various external forces impacting the performance of the business and the recent patterns in the external environment of the business. A brief PESTEL analysis of the company is given as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a substantial influence on the frame of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the government, for that reason, the publishing sector is extremely monitored and guided by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. For that reason, it could be stated that the general political forces affecting Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Solution service are high. The government policies relating to the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces impacting the publishing sector in basic and the Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Analysis in specific includesthe rates of paper, the income level of customers, the inflation rate, and the total GDP development of the nation. All these forces integrate effect the need for the publishing market. In addition to it, the economic policies associated with the import of books affect the general company at CPM. China's economic conditions are rather beneficial for CMP with high GDP growth and consumer earnings level.
Social and Demographical.
The consumer choices are moving towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to focus on digital publishing to fulfill the altering customer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP include the technological advancement in the reading methods and so on. Improvement of science and innovation in addition to the increase of digital publishing could reduce the need for the CMP items, if particular actions would not be taken soon.
Ecological forces impacting Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Solution consists of the concerns of environmental communities over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is needed to be disposable and the ink used while publishing ought to not be damaging for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be approved initially by the Government to be gone into in the publishing market.
Market Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Design).
Porter's 5 Forces Model might be used to evaluate the attractiveness of the publishing market China. A brief analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is given as follows;.
Hazard of New Entrants.
Threats of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective growth in the market tends to bring in brand-new entrants to the publishing market. The existence of intense competitors and the requirement of substantial capital tends to demotivate new entrants to enter in the market.
Threat of Substitution.
Hazard of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The alternative products for the released files is the files provided in the virtual libraries on specific websites. The changing consumer choices towards digital knowing increase the danger of alternative for the market.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The presence of large number of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. In addition to it, new entrants are also participating in the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The significant providers of the Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Help include the suppliers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Negotiating power of purchaser in the publishing market is high. Due to the presence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the purchasers requires high quality files at competitive rates.
CMP operates in a highly competitive market with the existence of a great deal of rivals. The business has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant rivals of Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Help consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIPis among the close competitors of CMP. Established in the very same duration, CIP releases comparable kind of books. For a large time period, CIP held the largest market share, and still ranks third and 2nd in different market sections, with a major concentrate on instructional publications. CIP serves as a hazard for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is concentrated on digital publishing and might wean the market share of Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Help quickly in the existing market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise founded in the same period as Giana Angellopolous Daskalali And The 2004 Athens Olympic Games Case Study Analysis and CIP. It is likewise one of the prominent gamers in the publishing market with a yearly overall incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Lowering dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Customers
• Growth chances.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Usage of potential resources in expansion.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present using present abilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio offers high value to clients.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business segments to the new one can lead the company to lose need of its items in the market.
As the preferences are shifting towards digital publishing and the business require an immediate service to prevent the declining industry growth. The company could likewise think about the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business needs to first collects the information related to the customer need, the potential markets, the government guidelines and the information connected to the competitors presented in the market. After that, the business ought to choose one prospective sector for its preliminary offering. It must gather research that how it might distinguish its digital publishing from the existing competitors' products. After all the steps above the business should choose the preliminary offering. If the preliminary offering shows a success, the company ought to opt for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing market is decreasing because 2008, revealing a threat to the company's long term existence, however the circumstance can be controlled by considering a development strategy in the future. The business might think about presenting digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at instant basis and to avoid the danger of failure for entrance in the new markets.