Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Solution and Analysis
Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Analysis is the biggest publishing company with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually ended up being a specialized information provider and a big thorough Science and Innovation publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Solution has actually invested its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing home, however, the changing macro market trends and forces bring particular difficulties to the publishing industry in basic and CMP in specific. These aspects consist of;
• Entryway of the new publishing companies in the industry.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing techniques
• Enhancement of science and innovation.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised several questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be made use of to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Help has certain strengths that can be utilized to decrease the risks, get rid of the weak point and avail the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the business to offer high quality products at a lower cost using its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities produced by its successful journey provide a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Huge item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and provide high worth to its clients.
• Strong financial position permits the business to think about several development chances without any fear of raising fund externally.
Along with the strengths, the company has certain weak points which might increase restraints for the company in implementing its advancement program. The weaknesses of Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Solution are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing firm, the company still has conventional ways ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It should propose specific growth strategies to prevent its reliance over the Chinese markets to achieve long term development.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is decreasing since 2008, impacting Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Solution as well, however the development might be revived by availing particular chances provided in the market. The market chances for CMP consist of;
• The business might also introduce Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong client recognition in the market.
• CMP might think about an advancement program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to lower its dependence over Chinese markets by utilizing its large financial resources.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing market has presented particular dangers to Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Help including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might result in decreasing market share of Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Analysis due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of large number of rivals in the publishing industry increase the threat for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can gain a strong consumer base by using certain techniques like aggressive promo, quality items, and so on
• Entrance of brand-new publishing firms in the market in addition to existence of high competition increases the hazard of losing the client base.
Due to absence of data, the monetary ratios of CMP might not be calculated. It might be evaluated from the Appendix III that the annual total earnings of Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Analysis during the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, showing that the yearly demand of the items of CMP is growing and the business is rather efficient in attracting a large number of customers at a potential price.
In addition to it, the second graph which shows the yearly development in the Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Solution overall assets, reveals that the business is rather effective in including value to its properties through its revenues. The growth in properties reveals that the total worth of the firm is likewise increasing with increasing the overall revenues. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the company using the provided data could be the analysis relating to the distribution of total profits of the company. Major part of the incomes of CMP originates from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The company might move towards other service segments with a possible growth to attain its future advancement objective.
PESTEL analysis could be conducted to learn the different external forces affecting the efficiency of the business and the recent patterns in the external environment of the business. A brief PESTEL analysis of the business is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a significant impact on the mindset of individuals about the communist ideology of the government, for that reason, the publishing sector is highly monitored and directed by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. It might be stated that the overall political forces affecting CMP company are high. The federal government policies concerning the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces affecting the publishing sector in basic and the CMP in particular includesthe rates of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP growth of the nation. All these forces combine impact the need for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population growth, the consumer's preferences towards checking out helpful products and so on. China has the greatest population worldwide with a high population growth, revealing the increasing variety of customers of the Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Help. Nevertheless, the consumer preferences are shifting towards digital publishing instead of the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must focus on digital publishing to satisfy the changing customer choices.
Technological forces impacting the CMP include the technological advancement in the reading methods and so on. Enhancement of science and innovation together with the increase of digital publishing could decrease the demand for the CMP items, if specific actions would not be taken soon.
Environmental forces affecting Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Solution includes the concerns of environmental neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be non reusable and the ink used while publishing needs to not be damaging for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal regulations relating to the publishing sector is managed by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized initially by the Government to be gone into in the publishing market. The ordinance forbids direct participation of foreign entities and individuals in the publishing sector.
Market Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Model).
Porter's Five Forces Model could be utilized to analyze the attractiveness of the publishing market China. A short analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is given as follows;.
Hazard of New Entrants.
Threats of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The possible development in the market tends to draw in brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. However, the presence of extreme competition and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate new entrants to enter in the market.
Hazard of Replacement.
Risk of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The replacement products for the released files is the files provided in the virtual libraries on specific websites. The changing consumer choices towards digital learning increase the threat of replacement for the market.
Competitive competition in the publishing industry is high. The presence of large number of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Together with it, new entrants are also entering into the market increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major suppliers of the Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Help consist of the providers of the paper for publishing documents. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the overall bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Bargaining power of purchaser in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers needs high quality files at competitive rates.
CMP operates in an extremely competitive market with the existence of a great deal of rivals. However, the business has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Analysis include;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIPis among the close rivals of CMP. Established in the exact same duration, CIP releases comparable type of books. For a large time period, CIP held the largest market share, and still ranks 2nd and 3rd in different market sections, with a major focus on instructional publications. CIP acts as a threat for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the market share of Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Help quickly in the current market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was also founded in the exact same duration as Hedge Fund Due Diligence At Leman Alternative Asset Management Company 2 Case Study Analysis and CIP. It is also one of the prominent players in the publishing industry with a yearly overall profits of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Reducing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Customers
• Development opportunities.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Use of prospective resources in growth.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing existing abilities.
• Low risk of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio provides high value to clients.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business sections to the new one can lead the business to lose demand of its items in the market.
As the preferences are moving towards digital publishing and the company require an immediate option to avoid the decreasing market growth. The company could likewise think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business must first collects the information associated with the customer demand, the potential markets, the government guidelines and the data associated with the competitors provided in the market. After that, the company must decide one prospective section for its preliminary offering. It should collect research that how it could differentiate its digital publishing from the existing competitors' items. After all the steps above the company should opt for the preliminary offering. The business needs to go for the other markets if the initial offering shows a success. In this way the company would have the ability to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is declining considering that 2008, revealing a hazard to the business's long term existence, however the circumstance can be controlled by considering a development plan in the future. The business might consider introducing digital publishingin its existing market to execute its development program at immediate basis and to avoid the threat of failure for entrance in the new markets.