Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Solution and Analysis
Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Analysis is the largest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has ended up being a specialized details supplier and a large detailed Science and Innovation publishing company through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Help has actually invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing home, nevertheless, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring certain challenges to the publishing market in general and CMP in particular. These elements include;
• Entryway of the brand-new publishing companies in the industry.
• Declining development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing techniques
• Enhancement of science and innovation.
The change of the macro markets have raised several concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be made use of to strive for the future advancement unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Solution has particular strengths that can be made use of to reduce the risks, conquer the weak point and avail the chances. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Help in the publishing market i.e. 60 years permits the company to supply high quality items at a lower cost using its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities generated by its successful journey provide a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its risk and supply high value to its clients.
• Strong financial position allows the company to consider numerous development chances with no worry of raising fund externally.
Along with the strengths, the business has particular weaknesses which might increase constraints for the company in executing its advancement program. The weaknesses of Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Solution are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing company, the business still has standard methods ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It must propose particular expansion plans to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term development.
The growth of the publishing market is declining since 2008, affecting Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Analysis as well, however the development might be restored by availing specific chances provided in the market. The marketplace chances for CMP include;
• The business could also introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong customer recognition in the market.
• CMP might think about an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to minimize its reliance over Chinese markets by utilizing its vast financial resources.
The altering macro trends in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing industry has positioned specific hazards to Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Analysis consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might result in declining market share of Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Solution due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The existence of a great deal of rivals in the publishing industry increase the danger for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can acquire a strong consumer base by using particular techniques like aggressive promo, quality products, etc.
• Entryway of brand-new publishing firms in the industry in addition to presence of high competitors increases the danger of losing the customer base.
Due to lack of information, the monetary ratios of CMP could not be calculated. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the yearly overall profits of Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Help during the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, revealing that the yearly demand of the items of CMP is growing and the business is quite efficient in bring in a large number of customers at a potential rate.
Together with it, the 2nd chart which shows the annual development in the Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Solution total possessions, shows that the company is quite effective in including value to its possessions through its earnings. The growth in possessions shows that the overall worth of the company is also increasing with increasing the overall profits. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company using the given information could be the analysis concerning the distribution of overall earnings of the business. Major part of the incomes of CMP originates from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The company might move towards other organisation sections with a possible development to achieve its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis could be performed to learn the different external forces affecting the efficiency of the company and the current trends in the external environment of the company. A brief PESTEL analysis of the company is given as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a substantial influence on the state of mind of individuals about the communist ideology of the federal government, for that reason, the publishing sector is extremely monitored and guided by the Promotion Department of the Communist Party of China. It could be said that the overall political forces impacting CMP organisation are high. The government policies regarding the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in specific includesthe prices of paper, the income level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP growth of the nation. All these forces combine impact the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population development, the consumer's preferences towards reading helpful materials etc. China has the greatest population in the world with a high population development, revealing the increasing variety of customers of the Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Help. However, the consumer choices are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must concentrate on digital publishing to satisfy the altering consumer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological development in the reading techniques and so on. Improvement of science and innovation along with the rise of digital publishing might minimize the demand for the CMP items, if specific actions would not be taken quickly.
Environmental forces impacting Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Solution consists of the issues of environmental communities over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is required to be non reusable and the ink used while publishing needs to not be harmful for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal policies concerning the publishing sector is controlled by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be approved first by the Government to be gone into in the publishing market. The regulation forbids direct involvement of foreign entities and people in the publishing sector.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's Five Forces Model could be used to analyze the appearance of the publishing industry China. A brief analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is provided as follows;.
Danger of New Entrants.
Threats of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The possible development in the industry tends to bring in new entrants to the publishing industry. The existence of extreme competition and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate new entrants to enter in the market.
Hazard of Substitution.
Threat of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The replacement products for the released files is the files presented in the digital libraries on certain sites. The altering consumer choices towards digital knowing increase the threat of replacement for the market.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The existence of large number of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. In addition to it, brand-new entrants are likewise participating in the marketplace increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The major providers of the Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Help include the suppliers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the total bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Negotiating power of purchaser in the publishing market is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the buyers requires high quality files at competitive prices.
CMP operates in a highly competitive market with the existence of large number of rivals. The business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Analysis include;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a threat for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP easily in the existing market scenario.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was also established in the very same duration as Highbridge Capital Management Building A Sustainable Organization Case Study Analysis and CIP. It is also one of the popular gamers in the publishing market with an annual total incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Decreasing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Customers
• Growth opportunities.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Use of prospective resources in growth.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing present capabilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio provides high value to customers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core company sections to the new one can lead the company to lose need of its items in the market.
As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the company need an instant service to prevent the declining industry growth. The business might also think about the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its product portfolio, the company ought to first collects the information connected to the customer need, the prospective markets, the federal government policies and the data related to the rivals provided in the market. After that, the company should choose one possible segment for its initial offering. It needs to collect research that how it might distinguish its digital publishing from the existing competitors' items. The actions above the company need to go for the preliminary offering. If the preliminary offering proves a success, the company must choose the other markets. In this way the company would have the ability to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is declining since 2008, showing a risk to the company's long term presence, but the situation can be controlled by thinking about an advancement strategy in the future. The company could think about presenting digital publishingin its existing market to execute its development program at immediate basis and to avoid the threat of failure for entrance in the new markets.