Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Solution and Analysis
Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Analysis is the largest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually become a specialized info company and a big extensive Science and Technology publishing business through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being an effective publishing house, however, the changing macro market patterns and forces bring certain difficulties to the publishing industry in general and Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Help in particular. These factors include;
• Entrance of the brand-new publishing companies in the market.
• Declining development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing methods
• Enhancement of science and technology.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised a number of concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the business could be utilized to strive for the future advancement unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Help has certain strengths that can be made use of to reduce the threats, conquer the weak point and obtain the chances. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Help in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years enables the business to provide high quality products at a lower cost using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities produced by its effective journey supply a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Huge item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its threat and offer high value to its customers.
• Strong financial position allows the company to think about a number of advancement chances without any worry of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has particular weak points which might increase restraints for the business in executing its development program. The weaknesses of Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Analysis are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing firm, the business still has conventional ways ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It should propose specific growth plans to prevent its reliance over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term growth.
The development of the publishing industry is declining because 2008, impacting Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Solution as well, but the development might be revived by availing certain opportunities provided in the market. The market chances for CMP consist of;
• The business could likewise present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong consumer recognition in the market.
• CMP could think about a development program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to minimize its reliance over Chinese markets by utilizing its vast funds.
The changing macro trends in the market and increasing competition in the publishing market has posed specific threats to Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Analysis including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might lead to decreasing market share of Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Analysis due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The existence of large number of rivals in the publishing industry increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can get a strong customer base by using specific methods like aggressive promotion, quality items, etc.
• Entrance of brand-new publishing firms in the industry together with existence of high competition increases the hazard of losing the client base.
Due to absence of information, the monetary ratios of CMP might not be computed. It could be evaluated from the Appendix III that the yearly total profits of Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Analysis during the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, showing that the annual demand of the items of CMP is growing and the business is rather efficient in drawing in a big number of consumers at a prospective cost.
Along with it, the 2nd graph which shows the annual growth in the Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Help total possessions, shows that the business is rather effective in including worth to its assets through its earnings. The development in assets shows that the total value of the company is likewise increasing with increasing the total earnings. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the company using the given data might be the analysis concerning the circulation of overall profits of the company. Huge part of the incomes of CMP originates from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The company could move towards other organisation sections with a prospective growth to attain its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis could be performed to find out the different external forces affecting the performance of the company and the current patterns in the external environment of the business. A quick PESTEL analysis of the business is given as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a substantial influence on the frame of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the federal government, for that reason, the publishing sector is highly monitored and directed by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China. It could be stated that the overall political forces impacting CMP service are high. The federal government policies relating to the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in basic and the CMP in specific includesthe prices of paper, the earnings level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP growth of the nation. All these forces combine effect the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The customer choices are moving towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP ought to focus on digital publishing to meet the changing consumer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP include the technological development in the reading methods and so on. Enhancement of science and innovation together with the rise of digital publishing could minimize the need for the CMP products, if specific actions would not be taken quickly.
Environmental forces impacting Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Help includes the concerns of environmental communities over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be non reusable and the ink used while publishing should not be damaging for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized first by the Government to be entered in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Model).
Porter's Five Forces Model might be used to analyze the appearance of the publishing industry China. A short analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is given as follows;.
Risk of New Entrants.
Threats of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective development in the industry tends to draw in new entrants to the publishing market. Nevertheless, the presence of intense competitors and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to go into in the market.
Hazard of Substitution.
Threat of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The alternative items for the released documents is the documents presented in the digital libraries on specific sites. The altering consumer choices towards digital learning increase the threat of alternative for the industry.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The presence of a great deal of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. In addition to it, new entrants are likewise participating in the marketplace increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The major suppliers of the Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Solution consist of the suppliers of the paper for releasing documents. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the overall bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Haggling power of buyer in the publishing market is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers needs high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP operates in an extremely competitive industry with the presence of large number of rivals. Nevertheless, the company has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major rivals of Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Help consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a hazard for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the market share of CMP easily in the current market scenario.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise established in the very same duration as Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property A Case Study Help and CIP. It is likewise one of the prominent gamers in the publishing industry with a yearly total profits of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Decreasing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Consumers
• Growth opportunities.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Usage of potential resources in expansion.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing current abilities.
• Low risk of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio offers high value to consumers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core service segments to the brand-new one can lead the business to lose need of its products in the market.
With the deep analysis of the external and internal environment of the company together with the market analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is recommended to CMP to attain its future development. As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the company need an immediate solution to avoid the declining market growth. Introduction of digital publishing could show to be an immediate service with low quantity of risk for the business. The business could likewise think about the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its product portfolio, the company must initially collects the data related to the consumer demand, the prospective markets, the federal government guidelines and the data related to the competitors provided in the market. If the initial offering proves a success, the business should go for the other markets. In this method the business would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is decreasing since 2008, showing a hazard to the company's long term presence, but the circumstance can be controlled by considering a development strategy in the future. The business might think about presenting digital publishingin its existing market to implement its development program at immediate basis and to avoid the threat of failure for entryway in the new markets.