Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Solution and Analysis
Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Help is the biggest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP supplies a number of services including; collecting information, processing info and interaction services. Significant company sections of the company include; books, regulars, consultancy and distribution. The business has a huge item portfolio and its major products consist of books, regulars, online media, exhibits, research reports etc. Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Help has actually become a specialized details provider and a big extensive Science and Innovation publishing company through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has actually invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing house, however, the altering macro market trends and forces bring specific challenges to the publishing industry in basic and Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Solution in specific. These aspects consist of;
• Entrance of the new publishing companies in the market.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing strategies
• Enhancement of science and technology.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised numerous questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be made use of to strive for the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Analysis has specific strengths that can be made use of to reduce the threats, conquer the weakness and get the chances. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years enables the company to provide high quality products at a lower expense using its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities generated by its effective journey supply a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Vast product portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and provide high value to its clients.
• Strong monetary position allows the business to consider several advancement opportunities without any fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has certain weaknesses which could increase restraints for the company in executing its development program. The weak points of Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Help are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the company still has traditional methods ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It should propose specific growth strategies to prevent its reliance over the Chinese markets to achieve long term growth.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is decreasing given that 2008, affecting Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Help also, however the growth could be revived by availing particular chances provided in the market. The market opportunities for CMP consist of;
• The company might likewise present Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong client acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP might think about an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to minimize its dependence over Chinese markets by using its huge financial resources.
The changing macro trends in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing industry has actually posed certain dangers to Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Solution consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might cause decreasing market share of Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Help due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of competitors in the publishing market increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can gain a strong consumer base by utilizing specific strategies like aggressive promo, quality products, and so on
• Entryway of new publishing firms in the industry in addition to presence of high competition increases the hazard of losing the client base.
Due to lack of information, the monetary ratios of CMP might not be computed. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the yearly overall profits of Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Analysis throughout the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the annual demand of the items of CMP is growing and the business is quite effective in bring in a large number of clients at a potential rate.
In addition to it, the second graph which reveals the yearly growth in the Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Solution total assets, shows that the business is quite efficient in adding value to its properties through its profits. The development in possessions reveals that the overall value of the company is likewise increasing with increasing the overall earnings. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the business using the offered information could be the analysis relating to the distribution of total incomes of the company. Major part of the incomes of CMP comes from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other business sectors with a prospective development to attain its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis might be performed to learn the different external forces impacting the efficiency of the business and the current patterns in the external environment of the business. A brief PESTEL analysis of the company is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a significant impact on the state of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the federal government, for that reason, the publishing sector is extremely supervised and assisted by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. It might be said that the total political forces impacting CMP company are high. The government policies regarding the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in specific includesthe prices of paper, the income level of customers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP growth of the nation. All these forces integrate effect the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The customer preferences are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to focus on digital publishing to fulfill the altering customer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP include the technological development in the reading strategies etc. Enhancement of science and innovation in addition to the increase of digital publishing might minimize the demand for the CMP products, if specific actions would not be taken quickly.
Ecological forces impacting Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Help includes the concerns of ecological communities over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink utilized while publishing needs to not be harmful for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Ordinance 1997 needs the publishers to be approved initially by the Government to be entered in the publishing market.
Market Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Model might be used to analyze the beauty of the publishing market China. A quick analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is provided as follows;.
Risk of New Entrants.
Threats of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective growth in the market tends to attract new entrants to the publishing market. The presence of extreme competitors and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to go into in the market.
Danger of Substitution.
Hazard of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The alternative items for the released documents is the files provided in the digital libraries on particular websites. The altering consumer choices towards digital knowing increase the threat of substitution for the market.
Competitive competition in the publishing industry is high. The presence of large number of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Along with it, new entrants are likewise participating in the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major providers of the Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Solution include the providers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the overall bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Bargaining power of purchaser in the publishing industry is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the buyers requires high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP operates in a highly competitive industry with the presence of a great deal of rivals. The business has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of Hollywood In India Protecting Intellectual Property B Case Study Solution consist of;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a risk for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the market share of CMP quickly in the current market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close competitor of CMP is PTP. It was also established in the exact same duration as CMP and CIP. It ranks sixth in the state-owned publishers in terms of company scale. It is also among the popular gamers in the publishing market with a yearly overall profits of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Reducing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Clients
• Growth chances.
• Avoiding the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Usage of possible resources in growth.
• Risk of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing current abilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio supplies high value to consumers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core service segments to the brand-new one can lead the company to lose demand of its items in the market.
As the preferences are moving towards digital publishing and the company need an instant option to prevent the declining industry growth. The business could also think about the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its product portfolio, the company must initially gathers the information related to the customer demand, the potential markets, the federal government guidelines and the data related to the competitors provided in the market. If the initial offering shows a success, the business needs to go for the other markets. In this way the business would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
The growth of the publishing market is decreasing considering that 2008, revealing a hazard to the business's long term existence, however the scenario can be controlled by thinking about an advancement plan in the future. The business could think about presenting digital publishingin its existing market to implement its advancement program at immediate basis and to avoid the threat of failure for entrance in the new markets.