How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Solution and Analysis
How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Analysis is the biggest publishing business with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has become a specialized details supplier and a big detailed Science and Technology publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has actually invested its 60 years journey efficiently, being a successful publishing home, however, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring certain challenges to the publishing industry in basic and How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Analysis in particular. These elements include;
• Entrance of the new publishing firms in the market.
• Decreasing development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing methods
• Enhancement of science and innovation.
The change of the macro markets have raised numerous concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be made use of to strive for the future advancement unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Analysis has certain strengths that can be used to lower the threats, overcome the weakness and obtain the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Solution in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the company to offer high quality items at a lower expense utilizing its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities produced by its effective journey offer a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Huge product portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its threat and offer high value to its consumers.
• Strong monetary position permits the business to consider numerous advancement opportunities with no worry of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has particular weak points which might increase restrictions for the company in implementing its advancement program. The weaknesses of How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Help are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing company, the company still has conventional ways ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It ought to propose specific expansion strategies to avoid its dependence over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term growth.
The growth of the publishing market is declining considering that 2008, impacting How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Analysis as well, but the growth could be restored by availing certain chances provided in the market. The market opportunities for CMP include;
• The company might also introduce Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong consumer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could think about a development program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to reduce its dependence over Chinese markets by using its huge financial resources.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing industry has positioned certain risks to How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Analysis consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries could result in declining market share of How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Analysis due to the consumer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of rivals in the publishing industry increase the danger for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can acquire a strong customer base by utilizing certain techniques like aggressive promotion, quality items, etc.
• Entryway of new publishing companies in the industry together with existence of high competition increases the risk of losing the consumer base.
Due to lack of data, the monetary ratios of CMP might not be computed. It could be evaluated from the Appendix III that the yearly total incomes of How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Help during the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, revealing that the yearly demand of the items of CMP is growing and the business is rather effective in bring in a large number of consumers at a prospective price.
Together with it, the 2nd chart which reveals the annual growth in the How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Analysis overall properties, shows that the company is rather effective in including worth to its possessions through its revenues. The development in possessions shows that the total value of the firm is also increasing with increasing the total earnings. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the company using the given information could be the analysis regarding the distribution of overall revenues of the company. Huge part of the revenues of CMP originates from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The company might move towards other company sectors with a potential development to achieve its future advancement goal.
PESTEL analysis could be conducted to learn the various external forces affecting the efficiency of the business and the recent trends in the external environment of the company. A brief PESTEL analysis of the business is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a substantial influence on the mindset of the people about the communist ideology of the government, for that reason, the publishing sector is highly supervised and directed by the Promotion Department of the Communist Party of China. It might be stated that the general political forces impacting CMP organisation are high. The government policies relating to the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in basic and the How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Help in specific includesthe rates of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP development of the country. All these forces integrate effect the need for the publishing market. Along with it, the economic policies connected to the import of books affect the general service at CPM. Nevertheless, China's economic conditions are quite beneficial for CMP with high GDP development and consumer earnings level.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population development, the consumer's choices towards checking out useful products and so on. China has the greatest population worldwide with a high population development, showing the increasing variety of consumers of the How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Solution. The customer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to concentrate on digital publishing to fulfill the changing customer preferences.
Technological forces affecting the CMP consist of the technological advancement in the reading methods etc. Enhancement of science and technology in addition to the increase of digital publishing could reduce the demand for the CMP products, if certain actions would not be taken quickly.
Ecological forces affecting How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Analysis consists of the concerns of environmental neighborhoods over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is required to be non reusable and the ink utilized while publishing must not be harmful for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal guidelines concerning the publishing sector is controlled by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be approved initially by the Federal government to be entered in the publishing market. The ordinance forbids direct participation of foreign entities and individuals in the publishing sector.
Market Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Design).
Porter's Five Forces Design might be used to examine the appearance of the publishing industry China. A short analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is offered as follows;.
Risk of New Entrants.
Risks of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The possible growth in the market tends to attract brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. Nevertheless, the presence of intense competitors and the requirement of substantial capital tends to demotivate new entrants to enter in the marketplace.
Risk of Replacement.
Threat of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The alternative products for the published files is the documents provided in the digital libraries on certain websites. The changing consumer choices towards digital learning increase the risk of alternative for the market.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The presence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. In addition to it, brand-new entrants are also participating in the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The significant providers of the How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Analysis include the providers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the total bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Bargaining power of buyer in the publishing market is high. Due to the presence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the buyers needs high quality files at competitive rates.
CMP runs in an extremely competitive industry with the existence of a great deal of competitors. The business has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major rivals of How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Solution consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a danger for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP easily in the present market circumstance.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise founded in the same duration as How Focused Identities Can Help Brands Navigate Changing Media Landscape Case Study Help and CIP. It is likewise one of the popular players in the publishing market with a yearly total incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Lowering reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Customers
• Development chances.
• Preventing the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of possible resources in growth.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing existing capabilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio supplies high worth to consumers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core company sections to the new one can lead the company to lose need of its items in the market.
As the preferences are shifting towards digital publishing and the company require an instant option to avoid the decreasing market development. The company might likewise think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its item portfolio, the company should initially collects the data related to the consumer need, the prospective markets, the federal government guidelines and the data related to the competitors provided in the market. If the initial offering shows a success, the company should go for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
The growth of the publishing market is declining since 2008, showing a threat to the business's long term existence, however the situation can be controlled by thinking about an advancement plan in the future. The business might think about introducing digital publishingin its existing market to implement its advancement program at instant basis and to prevent the risk of failure for entrance in the brand-new markets.