Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Solution and Analysis
Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Help is the biggest publishing business with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually ended up being a specialized details provider and a large thorough Science and Technology publishing business through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has actually spent its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing home, however, the altering macro market trends and forces bring specific challenges to the publishing market in basic and Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Help in particular. These factors include;
• Entrance of the brand-new publishing companies in the market.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing methods
• Improvement of science and technology.
The change of the macro markets have raised several questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the abilities of the company could be made use of to strive for the future development unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Solution has specific strengths that can be made use of to lower the hazards, conquer the weak point and avail the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Solution in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the business to provide high quality products at a lower expense using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities generated by its effective journey supply a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Huge item portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its risk and offer high value to its consumers.
• Strong financial position permits the company to think about several advancement chances with no fear of raising fund externally.
Along with the strengths, the business has particular weak points which might increase restraints for the business in implementing its advancement program. The weaknesses of Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Solution are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing firm, the company still has traditional methods ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It should propose particular growth strategies to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to achieve long term development.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is decreasing considering that 2008, affecting Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Solution too, however the growth could be revived by availing particular chances provided in the market. The marketplace opportunities for CMP consist of;
• The company could likewise present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong consumer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP might consider a development program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to reduce its dependence over Chinese markets by using its vast funds.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competition in the publishing industry has postured specific threats to Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Analysis including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries could lead to decreasing market share of Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Analysis due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of large number of rivals in the publishing industry increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can get a strong customer base by using certain strategies like aggressive promo, quality products, and so on
• Entrance of brand-new publishing companies in the industry in addition to presence of high competition increases the risk of losing the consumer base.
Due to absence of data, the financial ratios of CMP might not be computed. It might be examined from the Appendix III that the yearly overall revenues of Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Solution during the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, showing that the annual need of the items of CMP is growing and the business is rather effective in drawing in a large number of consumers at a prospective price.
Together with it, the second chart which shows the annual growth in the Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Help total assets, shows that the company is rather efficient in including worth to its properties through its incomes. The growth in properties reveals that the overall worth of the firm is likewise increasing with increasing the overall revenues. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the company using the provided data might be the analysis relating to the circulation of total revenues of the business. Major part of the revenues of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The company might move towards other business sections with a prospective growth to attain its future advancement objective.
PESTEL analysis could be performed to learn the various external forces impacting the efficiency of the business and the current trends in the external environment of the business. A quick PESTEL analysis of the business is given as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a significant influence on the state of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely monitored and assisted by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. Therefore, it might be stated that the total political forces impacting Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Help service are high. The federal government policies relating to the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces affecting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in particular includesthe prices of paper, the income level of customers, the inflation rate, and the total GDP growth of the nation. All these forces integrate impact the need for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The consumer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP ought to focus on digital publishing to fulfill the altering consumer choices.
Technological forces impacting the CMP include the technological development in the reading methods etc. Enhancement of science and innovation in addition to the rise of digital publishing might reduce the need for the CMP products, if particular actions would not be taken quickly.
Ecological forces impacting Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Analysis includes the issues of environmental communities over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink utilized while publishing needs to not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 needs the publishers to be authorized first by the Federal government to be gone into in the publishing market.
Market Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Model).
Porter's Five Forces Design might be utilized to examine the attractiveness of the publishing industry China. A brief analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is given as follows;.
Threat of New Entrants.
Threats of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The possible growth in the market tends to attract new entrants to the publishing market. The presence of extreme competition and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate new entrants to go into in the market.
Danger of Replacement.
Danger of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The substitute products for the published documents is the documents provided in the virtual libraries on certain sites. The changing customer choices towards digital knowing increase the threat of replacement for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing industry is high. The presence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Together with it, brand-new entrants are also entering into the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The significant suppliers of the Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Analysis consist of the providers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the overall bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Bargaining power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the buyers requires high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP operates in a highly competitive industry with the existence of a great deal of competitors. The company has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Solution include;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a threat for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP quickly in the current market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise founded in the same period as Icici Banks Credit Card Journey To Asian Leadership Case Study Solution and CIP. It is likewise one of the popular players in the publishing market with an annual overall incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Reducing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Consumers
• Growth opportunities.
• Preventing the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Use of prospective resources in expansion.
• Risk of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing present capabilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio provides high value to consumers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business sectors to the new one can lead the company to lose need of its items in the market.
As the preferences are shifting towards digital publishing and the business require an instant option to avoid the decreasing market growth. The business might likewise think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its item portfolio, the business must initially gathers the data related to the customer demand, the potential markets, the government policies and the information related to the rivals provided in the market. If the preliminary offering shows a success, the company needs to go for the other markets. In this way the company would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
The development of the publishing industry is decreasing since 2008, revealing a danger to the business's long term existence, however the circumstance can be managed by thinking about a development strategy in the future. The company could consider presenting digital publishingin its existing market to execute its development program at immediate basis and to avoid the risk of failure for entrance in the new markets.