Internship Report Case Study Solution and Analysis
Internship Report Case Study Solution is the biggest publishing company with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has ended up being a specialized details company and a big thorough Science and Technology publishing business through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has invested its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing home, nevertheless, the altering macro market trends and forces bring certain difficulties to the publishing market in general and Internship Report Case Study Help in specific. These factors consist of;
• Entrance of the brand-new publishing firms in the market.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing methods
• Improvement of science and technology.
The change of the macro markets have raised a number of questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be used to strive for the future advancement unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Internship Report Case Study Analysis has certain strengths that can be utilized to lower the dangers, overcome the weak point and get the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of Internship Report Case Study Analysis in the publishing market i.e. 60 years permits the company to offer high quality products at a lower cost utilizing its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities produced by its effective journey provide a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Huge product portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and offer high value to its customers.
• Strong monetary position enables the company to think about several development chances without any worry of raising fund externally.
Along with the strengths, the business has certain weak points which could increase restrictions for the company in executing its advancement program. The weak points of Internship Report Case Study Help are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing company, the business still has traditional ways ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It should propose particular expansion plans to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to attain long term development.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is declining given that 2008, affecting Internship Report Case Study Analysis as well, but the development could be revived by availing specific chances presented in the market. The marketplace opportunities for CMP consist of;
• The company could likewise introduce Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong customer recognition in the market.
• CMP might consider a development program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to reduce its dependence over Chinese markets by utilizing its large financial resources.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competition in the publishing industry has actually presented certain risks to Internship Report Case Study Help including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might lead to declining market share of Internship Report Case Study Help due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of rivals in the publishing market increase the danger for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can gain a strong customer base by utilizing specific techniques like aggressive promotion, quality items, and so on
• Entrance of new publishing firms in the market in addition to presence of high competitors increases the hazard of losing the client base.
Due to absence of information, the financial ratios of CMP might not be determined. It could be evaluated from the Appendix III that the yearly total revenues of Internship Report Case Study Help throughout the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the annual demand of the items of CMP is growing and the business is rather efficient in attracting a big number of customers at a prospective price.
In addition to it, the second chart which shows the annual growth in the Internship Report Case Study Help total assets, reveals that the company is quite efficient in adding worth to its assets through its revenues. The development in properties reveals that the total value of the company is likewise increasing with increasing the total earnings. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business using the given information might be the analysis concerning the circulation of overall earnings of the company. Huge part of the earnings of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other service sections with a possible development to accomplish its future advancement objective.
PESTEL analysis could be carried out to find out the various external forces impacting the efficiency of the company and the recent trends in the external environment of the business. A short PESTEL analysis of the business is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a substantial impact on the state of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the federal government, for that reason, the publishing sector is highly monitored and assisted by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. For that reason, it could be said that the general political forces impacting Internship Report Case Study Analysis service are high. The government policies relating to the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the Internship Report Case Study Solution in particular includesthe rates of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP growth of the nation. All these forces integrate effect the need for the publishing market. In addition to it, the economic policies connected to the import of books impact the overall organisation at CPM. However, China's financial conditions are rather beneficial for CMP with high GDP development and consumer earnings level.
Social and Demographical.
The customer choices are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must focus on digital publishing to fulfill the altering customer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP include the technological development in the reading techniques and so on. Improvement of science and technology together with the rise of digital publishing might minimize the demand for the CMP items, if particular actions would not be taken quickly.
Environmental forces affecting Internship Report Case Study Analysis consists of the issues of environmental neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink utilized while publishing needs to not be harmful for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be approved first by the Government to be gone into in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Design).
Porter's 5 Forces Design could be utilized to analyze the appearance of the publishing industry China. A quick analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is offered as follows;.
Hazard of New Entrants.
Hazards of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The potential growth in the industry tends to draw in new entrants to the publishing market. However, the presence of extreme competitors and the requirement of substantial capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to go into in the market.
Threat of Replacement.
Hazard of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The substitute items for the released files is the files presented in the digital libraries on certain sites. The changing consumer choices towards digital knowing increase the risk of replacement for the market.
Competitive competition in the publishing industry is high. The presence of a great deal of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Together with it, new entrants are likewise participating in the marketplace increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The significant providers of the Internship Report Case Study Solution include the suppliers of the paper for releasing documents. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the total bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Haggling power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the buyers requires high quality documents at competitive costs.
CMP runs in a highly competitive market with the presence of large number of rivals. The company has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant rivals of Internship Report Case Study Solution include;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close competitors of CMP. Founded in the same duration, CIP releases comparable kind of books. For a large time period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks 3rd and 2nd in various market sectors, with a significant concentrate on educational publications. CIP acts as a risk for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is concentrated on digital publishing and could wean the marketplace share of Internship Report Case Study Analysis quickly in the current market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close rival of CMP is PTP. It was likewise founded in the very same duration as CMP and CIP. It ranks sixth in the state-owned publishers in regards to organisation scale. It is also one of the prominent players in the publishing market with a yearly total earnings of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Minimizing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Clients
• Growth opportunities.
• Preventing the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of possible resources in growth.
• Risk of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present using existing capabilities.
• Low risk of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio provides high worth to clients.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core company segments to the new one can lead the business to lose demand of its products in the market.
With the deep analysis of the external and internal environment of the business in addition to the industry analysis and the competitor analysis, Alternative 2 is recommended to CMP to accomplish its future development. As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the business require an instant service to avoid the decreasing industry growth. Intro of digital publishing might prove to be an immediate service with low amount of risk for the business. Nevertheless, the company might also consider the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the company should initially gathers the information related to the consumer demand, the prospective markets, the federal government regulations and the information related to the competitors presented in the market. If the preliminary offering proves a success, the company needs to go for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing market is decreasing since 2008, revealing a danger to the business's long term existence, but the scenario can be controlled by considering an advancement plan in the future. The business could think about presenting digital publishingin its existing market to implement its development program at instant basis and to prevent the danger of failure for entrance in the new markets.