Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Solution and Analysis
Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Solution is the largest publishing business with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP supplies a variety of services including; collecting info, processing info and interaction services. Significant service sectors of the business consist of; books, periodicals, consultancy and distribution. The business has a huge product portfolio and its significant products consist of books, periodicals, online media, exhibitions, research study reports etc. Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Solution has become a specialized details service provider and a large thorough Science and Technology publishing business through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has spent its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing home, however, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring specific difficulties to the publishing industry in basic and Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Solution in specific. These elements include;
• Entryway of the brand-new publishing firms in the market.
• Decreasing growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing strategies
• Enhancement of science and technology.
The change of the macro markets have raised numerous concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be used to strive for the future advancement unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Analysis has specific strengths that can be used to decrease the hazards, conquer the weak point and get the chances. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the business to provide high quality items at a lower expense utilizing its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities generated by its effective journey provide a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its threat and offer high worth to its customers.
• Strong financial position enables the company to consider several development opportunities without any worry of raising fund externally.
In addition to the strengths, the company has specific weak points which could increase restraints for the company in implementing its advancement program. The weaknesses of Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Solution are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing company, the business still has traditional methods ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It should propose specific growth plans to avoid its dependence over the Chinese markets to achieve long term growth.
The growth of the publishing market is declining considering that 2008, impacting Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Help as well, however the development could be revived by availing particular chances provided in the market. The marketplace chances for CMP consist of;
• The business could also introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong client acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could think about a development program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to lower its dependence over Chinese markets by using its huge financial resources.
The changing macro trends in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing market has actually postured particular risks to Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Solution consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries could lead to declining market share of Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Solution due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The existence of large number of competitors in the publishing industry increase the hazard for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can acquire a strong consumer base by utilizing particular strategies like aggressive promotion, quality items, and so on
• Entrance of brand-new publishing firms in the industry together with existence of high competitors increases the threat of losing the client base.
The company has a quite competitive financial performance. Due to lack of data, the financial ratios of CMP might not be calculated. However, the general financial performance of the company might be evaluated by utilizing the charts given in the case Appendices. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the yearly overall revenues of CMP throughout the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, revealing that the annual demand of the items of Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Analysis is growing and the business is rather effective in attracting a a great deal of customers at a prospective cost.
Along with it, the 2nd chart which shows the annual development in the Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Analysis overall possessions, reveals that the business is rather effective in including value to its properties through its earnings. The development in properties shows that the total worth of the company is likewise increasing with increasing the total revenues. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company using the offered information could be the analysis concerning the distribution of overall earnings of the company. Huge part of the earnings of CMP originates from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The company could move towards other business sections with a possible development to accomplish its future advancement goal.
PESTEL analysis could be carried out to learn the different external forces affecting the performance of the company and the recent trends in the external environment of the company. A quick PESTEL analysis of the business is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a significant impact on the state of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the federal government, therefore, the publishing sector is highly supervised and assisted by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. It could be stated that the overall political forces affecting CMP service are high. The federal government policies relating to the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in basic and the Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Solution in specific includesthe costs of paper, the income level of customers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP development of the nation. All these forces integrate effect the demand for the publishing market. In addition to it, the economic policies related to the import of books impact the total service at CPM. China's economic conditions are rather beneficial for CMP with high GDP development and customer earnings level.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population development, the customer's choices towards checking out useful materials etc. China has the greatest population worldwide with a high population growth, showing the increasing number of customers of the Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Solution. The consumer preferences are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP ought to concentrate on digital publishing to fulfill the altering consumer choices.
Technological forces impacting the CMP include the technological improvement in the reading strategies etc. Enhancement of science and innovation together with the increase of digital publishing could decrease the need for the CMP products, if particular actions would not be taken quickly.
Environmental forces affecting Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Help consists of the concerns of ecological neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is required to be non reusable and the ink utilized while publishing ought to not be harmful for the environment.
Legal guidelines for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be approved initially by the Government to be entered in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Design might be utilized to examine the appearance of the publishing market China. A quick analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is provided as follows;.
Threat of New Entrants.
Dangers of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The possible development in the industry tends to bring in brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. The existence of intense competition and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to enter in the market.
Threat of Substitution.
Danger of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The alternative products for the released documents is the files presented in the digital libraries on particular sites. The changing customer choices towards digital knowing increase the threat of substitution for the industry.
Competitive competition in the publishing industry is high. The presence of large number of customers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Together with it, brand-new entrants are also participating in the market increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The significant suppliers of the Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Solution consist of the suppliers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the general bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Haggling power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the purchasers needs high quality documents at competitive rates.
CMP runs in an extremely competitive industry with the existence of large number of rivals. The company has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Analysis consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a threat for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP quickly in the existing market circumstance.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise established in the exact same duration as Lehman Brothers And Repo 105 Case Study Help and CIP. It is likewise one of the popular players in the publishing market with a yearly overall revenues of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Decreasing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Clients
• Growth chances.
• Avoiding the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Use of prospective resources in growth.
• Risk of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to introduce using existing capabilities.
• Low risk of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio supplies high value to customers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core organisation sectors to the new one can lead the company to lose need of its products in the market.
With the deep analysis of the external and internal environment of the business in addition to the industry analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is suggested to CMP to attain its future advancement. As the preferences are moving towards digital publishing and the company require an immediate service to avoid the declining industry development. Therefore, introduction of digital publishing might prove to be an instant service with low amount of danger for the company. However, the business could also think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business should initially collects the information related to the consumer need, the possible markets, the government guidelines and the data related to the rivals provided in the market. If the initial offering shows a success, the business needs to go for the other markets. In this method the business would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is decreasing since 2008, revealing a hazard to the business's long term presence, but the situation can be controlled by thinking about a development strategy in the future. The company might consider introducing digital publishingin its existing market to implement its advancement program at immediate basis and to avoid the risk of failure for entrance in the new markets.