Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Solution and Analysis
Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Analysis is the largest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP offers a variety of services consisting of; gathering info, processing details and communication services. Major company sections of the company consist of; books, periodicals, consultancy and distribution. The company has a large item portfolio and its significant products include books, periodicals, online media, exhibits, research reports etc. Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Solution has become a specialized information service provider and a big comprehensive Science and Innovation publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has actually invested its 60 years journey efficiently, being a successful publishing house, nevertheless, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring specific obstacles to the publishing market in basic and Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Solution in specific. These elements include;
• Entrance of the brand-new publishing firms in the industry.
• Decreasing development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing strategies
• Enhancement of science and innovation.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised a number of concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be utilized to strive for the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Analysis has specific strengths that can be made use of to lower the hazards, overcome the weakness and obtain the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Help in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years enables the business to offer high quality products at a lower expense utilizing its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities created by its successful journey provide a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Huge product portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and supply high value to its clients.
• Strong monetary position allows the business to think about several development chances without any fear of raising fund externally.
Along with the strengths, the business has particular weaknesses which might increase constraints for the company in implementing its advancement program. The weak points of Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Analysis are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the company still has conventional ways ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It ought to propose specific growth strategies to avoid its dependence over the Chinese markets to attain long term growth.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is decreasing since 2008, affecting Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Help too, however the growth might be revived by availing specific opportunities provided in the market. The marketplace chances for CMP include;
• The company might likewise introduce Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong client acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP might think about an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to decrease its dependence over Chinese markets by utilizing its huge funds.
The altering macro trends in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing industry has positioned particular hazards to Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Help including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might lead to decreasing market share of Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Analysis due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The existence of a great deal of rivals in the publishing market increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can gain a strong consumer base by utilizing specific strategies like aggressive promotion, quality products, etc.
• Entrance of new publishing firms in the industry together with presence of high competition increases the danger of losing the customer base.
The company has a quite competitive monetary performance. Due to absence of data, the monetary ratios of CMP could not be calculated. The overall monetary efficiency of the business could be examined by using the graphs given in the case Appendices. It might be examined from the Appendix III that the annual total incomes of CMP during the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, showing that the yearly demand of the products of Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Help is growing and the company is quite efficient in drawing in a large number of clients at a prospective cost.
Along with it, the second chart which shows the yearly growth in the Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Analysis overall assets, shows that the company is rather efficient in adding worth to its assets through its earnings. The growth in properties reveals that the overall value of the firm is also increasing with increasing the total incomes. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company using the offered information could be the analysis relating to the circulation of total revenues of the company. Huge part of the earnings of CMP originates from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The company might move towards other organisation sections with a potential development to attain its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis could be conducted to find out the numerous external forces affecting the performance of the business and the recent trends in the external environment of the company. A brief PESTEL analysis of the company is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a substantial influence on the mindset of individuals about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely monitored and assisted by the Promotion Department of the Communist Party of China. It could be said that the overall political forces affecting CMP service are high. The government policies regarding the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in basic and the CMP in specific includesthe costs of paper, the income level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP growth of the nation. All these forces combine effect the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The consumer choices are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to focus on digital publishing to fulfill the altering consumer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP consist of the technological advancement in the reading strategies and so on. Enhancement of science and innovation along with the increase of digital publishing could minimize the demand for the CMP products, if particular actions would not be taken quickly.
Ecological forces impacting Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Help consists of the issues of ecological communities over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is needed to be non reusable and the ink used while publishing should not be damaging for the environment.
Legal guidelines for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal guidelines relating to the publishing sector is controlled by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Regulation 1997 needs the publishers to be approved first by the Federal government to be gone into in the publishing market. The ordinance forbids direct involvement of foreign entities and people in the publishing sector.
Market Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's 5 Forces Design might be used to analyze the appearance of the publishing industry China. A brief analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is provided as follows;.
Danger of New Entrants.
Hazards of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The potential growth in the industry tends to attract brand-new entrants to the publishing market. However, the existence of extreme competitors and the requirement of substantial capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to enter in the marketplace.
Risk of Alternative.
Threat of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The replacement items for the released documents is the documents provided in the digital libraries on specific websites. The altering consumer choices towards digital learning increase the risk of replacement for the market.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The presence of large number of customers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Together with it, brand-new entrants are likewise entering into the market increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The significant providers of the Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Analysis include the providers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the total bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Bargaining power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the buyers requires high quality files at competitive rates.
CMP operates in a highly competitive industry with the presence of large number of competitors. The business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Managing Information Systems And Technology Projects Case Study Solution include;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a risk for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP quickly in the existing market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close rival of CMP is PTP. It was also established in the very same period as CMP and CIP. It ranks sixth in the state-owned publishers in terms of organisation scale. It is likewise among the prominent players in the publishing market with a yearly overall revenues of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Lowering reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Customers
• Development opportunities.
• Preventing the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Use of possible resources in expansion.
• Risk of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present using existing capabilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio supplies high value to clients.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core company segments to the new one can lead the company to lose need of its products in the market.
With the deep analysis of the external and internal environment of the business in addition to the industry analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is recommended to CMP to achieve its future advancement. As the preferences are shifting towards digital publishing and the business require an instant service to avoid the decreasing industry growth. Intro of digital publishing could prove to be an immediate solution with low amount of threat for the business. Nevertheless, the business could likewise consider the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business needs to first gathers the data related to the customer need, the possible markets, the federal government guidelines and the information related to the competitors provided in the market. If the preliminary offering shows a success, the business must go for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the development of the publishing market is decreasing because 2008, revealing a risk to the company's long term presence, however the circumstance can be managed by thinking about an advancement plan in the future. The business could consider introducing digital publishingin its existing market to execute its development program at immediate basis and to prevent the danger of failure for entryway in the brand-new markets.