Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Solution and Analysis
Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Help is the largest publishing company with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP supplies a variety of services including; collecting details, processing information and communication services. Major organisation sectors of the business consist of; books, periodicals, consultancy and circulation. The business has a large item portfolio and its significant products include books, periodicals, online media, exhibitions, research reports and so on. Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Help has ended up being a specialized info provider and a large extensive Science and Technology publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has actually spent its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing house, nevertheless, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring particular difficulties to the publishing market in general and Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Analysis in specific. These factors include;
• Entryway of the new publishing companies in the market.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing strategies
• Enhancement of science and technology.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised numerous questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the business could be made use of to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Help has certain strengths that can be used to lower the threats, get rid of the weak point and obtain the chances. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Help in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years permits the business to offer high quality products at a lower expense using its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities generated by its effective journey supply a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Vast item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its risk and offer high value to its consumers.
• Strong monetary position allows the company to think about a number of development chances with no worry of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has specific weaknesses which could increase restraints for the company in executing its advancement program. The weak points of Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Help are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the business still has standard methods ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It should propose particular expansion plans to avoid its dependence over the Chinese markets to achieve long term development.
Although, the development of the publishing market is decreasing considering that 2008, impacting Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Solution as well, however the growth could be revived by availing particular opportunities presented in the market. The marketplace chances for CMP consist of;
• The company could also present Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong customer recognition in the market.
• CMP might think about an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to lower its dependence over Chinese markets by utilizing its large financial resources.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competition in the publishing industry has posed specific risks to Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Analysis including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might result in decreasing market share of Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Solution due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of rivals in the publishing market increase the threat for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can get a strong consumer base by using specific techniques like aggressive promo, quality items, and so on
• Entrance of brand-new publishing companies in the market along with existence of high competitors increases the threat of losing the customer base.
The company has a quite competitive financial performance. Due to absence of information, the monetary ratios of CMP could not be computed. Nevertheless, the general monetary efficiency of the business could be analyzed by using the graphs given in the case Appendices. It might be evaluated from the Appendix III that the annual total incomes of CMP throughout the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the annual need of the items of Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Analysis is growing and the business is rather efficient in drawing in a a great deal of clients at a prospective rate.
Along with it, the 2nd chart which shows the annual development in the Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Help overall assets, reveals that the company is quite efficient in adding worth to its assets through its profits. The development in assets reveals that the total worth of the firm is likewise increasing with increasing the total profits. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business utilizing the provided data could be the analysis relating to the circulation of overall incomes of the company. Major part of the incomes of CMP originates from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other company sections with a potential development to achieve its future advancement objective.
PESTEL analysis could be performed to find out the various external forces affecting the efficiency of the company and the recent trends in the external environment of the company. A brief PESTEL analysis of the business is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a substantial influence on the frame of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the federal government, therefore, the publishing sector is highly monitored and directed by the Promotion Department of the Communist Celebration of China. For that reason, it might be said that the total political forces impacting Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Analysis business are high. The federal government policies concerning the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in basic and the CMP in specific includesthe costs of paper, the income level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the total GDP development of the nation. All these forces combine effect the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces consist of the population development, the customer's preferences towards reading helpful products and so on. China has the greatest population on the planet with a high population development, revealing the increasing variety of consumers of the Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Analysis. The consumer choices are moving towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to concentrate on digital publishing to fulfill the altering customer choices.
Technological forces impacting the CMP include the technological improvement in the reading methods and so on. Improvement of science and innovation in addition to the increase of digital publishing might reduce the need for the CMP items, if certain actions would not be taken quickly.
Environmental forces impacting Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Solution consists of the issues of ecological communities over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be non reusable and the ink utilized while publishing must not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 needs the publishers to be approved initially by the Federal government to be gone into in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's 5 Forces Design might be utilized to evaluate the beauty of the publishing industry China. A short analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is provided as follows;.
Danger of New Entrants.
Risks of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The possible development in the market tends to attract brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. Nevertheless, the existence of intense competition and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate new entrants to go into in the marketplace.
Threat of Substitution.
Danger of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The substitute items for the published documents is the files presented in the digital libraries on particular websites. The altering customer choices towards digital learning increase the threat of substitution for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The existence of a great deal of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Together with it, brand-new entrants are likewise participating in the marketplace increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major suppliers of the Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Solution include the suppliers of the paper for releasing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Negotiating power of purchaser in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers requires high quality files at competitive rates.
CMP operates in a highly competitive industry with the existence of large number of rivals. Nevertheless, the company has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major rivals of Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Analysis include;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis among the close competitors of CMP. Founded in the exact same period, CIP releases similar type of books. For a big time period, CIP held the largest market share, and still ranks third and second in different market sectors, with a major focus on instructional publications. CIP acts as a hazard for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the market share of Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Solution easily in the existing market scenario.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise established in the exact same duration as Maple Leaf Simply Fresh A Case Study Solution and CIP. It is likewise one of the popular players in the publishing industry with a yearly overall earnings of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Lowering reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Customers
• Growth opportunities.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Use of prospective resources in expansion.
• Threat of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to introduce using current abilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio provides high worth to clients.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core organisation sections to the new one can lead the company to lose demand of its products in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the business along with the market analysis and the competitor analysis, Alternative 2 is suggested to CMP to achieve its future development. As the preferences are moving towards digital publishing and the business need an immediate service to avoid the declining market growth. Therefore, intro of digital publishing might prove to be an instant option with low amount of danger for the company. However, the company could also consider the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its item portfolio, the company needs to initially gathers the information related to the consumer demand, the prospective markets, the federal government regulations and the data related to the competitors provided in the market. If the initial offering proves a success, the company should go for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is decreasing considering that 2008, showing a risk to the company's long term existence, however the scenario can be controlled by thinking about a development strategy in the future. The company could consider introducing digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at immediate basis and to prevent the threat of failure for entryway in the new markets.