Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Solution and Analysis
Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Help is the largest publishing business with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually ended up being a specialized info provider and a big extensive Science and Innovation publishing company through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has actually spent its 60 years journey efficiently, being a successful publishing house, nevertheless, the altering macro market trends and forces bring specific difficulties to the publishing industry in general and Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Help in specific. These aspects include;
• Entrance of the brand-new publishing firms in the market.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing methods
• Improvement of science and innovation.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised numerous concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be made use of to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Analysis has certain strengths that can be made use of to minimize the dangers, conquer the weak point and avail the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years permits the business to offer high quality items at a lower expense using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities created by its successful journey offer a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Vast item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its threat and offer high worth to its clients.
• Strong financial position enables the business to consider a number of development chances with no fear of raising fund externally.
In addition to the strengths, the business has specific weak points which might increase constraints for the company in executing its advancement program. The weak points of Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Analysis are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing company, the company still has traditional ways ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It should propose certain expansion plans to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term development.
The development of the publishing industry is decreasing because 2008, affecting Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Solution as well, but the development might be restored by availing certain opportunities provided in the market. The marketplace opportunities for CMP consist of;
• The business could likewise present Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong client recognition in the market.
• CMP could consider an advancement program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to lower its reliance over Chinese markets by utilizing its vast funds.
The altering macro trends in the market and increasing competition in the publishing market has posed certain hazards to Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Solution including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might lead to decreasing market share of Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Solution due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The existence of large number of rivals in the publishing industry increase the hazard for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can get a strong consumer base by using certain techniques like aggressive promotion, quality products, and so on
• Entryway of new publishing companies in the market together with existence of high competition increases the hazard of losing the customer base.
The company has a quite competitive financial performance. Due to lack of information, the monetary ratios of CMP might not be calculated. The total monetary performance of the company could be examined by using the charts provided in the case Appendices. It might be analyzed from the Appendix III that the yearly total profits of CMP throughout the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, revealing that the yearly need of the items of Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Help is growing and the business is rather effective in bring in a a great deal of clients at a prospective price.
Along with it, the second chart which shows the yearly development in the Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Help total assets, reveals that the company is quite efficient in adding worth to its assets through its incomes. The growth in properties shows that the total worth of the company is also increasing with increasing the overall revenues. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the company using the given data could be the analysis concerning the distribution of overall incomes of the company. Huge part of the profits of CMP originates from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The company might move towards other service sectors with a prospective development to accomplish its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis could be conducted to find out the various external forces affecting the efficiency of the business and the recent patterns in the external environment of the company. A short PESTEL analysis of the company is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a substantial impact on the frame of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the federal government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely supervised and assisted by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China. It could be stated that the overall political forces affecting CMP organisation are high. The government policies concerning the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in specific includesthe costs of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP growth of the nation. All these forces combine effect the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population development, the customer's choices towards reading useful products and so on. China has the highest population in the world with a high population development, showing the increasing number of consumers of the Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Solution. The customer preferences are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to concentrate on digital publishing to meet the altering consumer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP include the technological development in the reading techniques and so on. Enhancement of science and innovation along with the rise of digital publishing could decrease the need for the CMP items, if particular actions would not be taken soon.
Environmental forces affecting Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Help consists of the issues of environmental neighborhoods over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is needed to be non reusable and the ink utilized while publishing needs to not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal guidelines for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Ordinance 1997 needs the publishers to be approved first by the Government to be entered in the publishing market.
Market Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Design).
Porter's Five Forces Model could be used to analyze the appearance of the publishing industry China. A short analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is offered as follows;.
Hazard of New Entrants.
Threats of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The prospective growth in the industry tends to draw in new entrants to the publishing market. Nevertheless, the existence of extreme competitors and the requirement of substantial capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to enter in the marketplace.
Danger of Alternative.
Threat of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The replacement items for the published documents is the documents provided in the virtual libraries on specific sites. The altering consumer preferences towards digital knowing increase the threat of substitution for the industry.
Competitive competition in the publishing industry is high. The existence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Together with it, new entrants are likewise entering into the market increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The major providers of the Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Help consist of the suppliers of the paper for publishing documents. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the overall bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Negotiating power of buyer in the publishing market is high. Due to the presence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers requires high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP operates in an extremely competitive industry with the existence of large number of rivals. The company has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant rivals of Marlin Associates And The Sale Of Riverview Technologies Case Study Solution include;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a threat for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP easily in the existing market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close competitor of CMP is PTP. It was also founded in the very same duration as CMP and CIP. It ranks sixth in the state-owned publishers in terms of service scale. It is also one of the prominent gamers in the publishing industry with an annual overall earnings of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Reducing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Consumers
• Growth chances.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of possible resources in growth.
• Risk of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing present abilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio provides high value to consumers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core service sectors to the new one can lead the company to lose demand of its items in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the business along with the industry analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is advised to CMP to achieve its future advancement. As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the company require an instant option to avoid the declining industry growth. For that reason, introduction of digital publishing might show to be an instant option with low amount of threat for the business. Nevertheless, the company might also consider the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the company needs to initially collects the information associated with the consumer need, the possible markets, the federal government policies and the information associated with the rivals provided in the market. After that, the business should decide one potential segment for its initial offering. It needs to collect research that how it could distinguish its digital publishing from the existing competitors' items. The actions above the business must go for the preliminary offering. If the initial offering shows a success, the business ought to choose the other markets. In this method the company would have the ability to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is declining since 2008, revealing a threat to the business's long term presence, however the scenario can be managed by considering a development strategy in the future. The business might think about presenting digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at immediate basis and to prevent the threat of failure for entryway in the brand-new markets.