Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Solution and Analysis
Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Help is the largest publishing company with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP supplies a variety of services including; gathering information, processing details and communication services. Significant business segments of the business include; books, periodicals, consultancy and circulation. The company has a vast item portfolio and its major products consist of books, regulars, online media, exhibits, research reports and so on. Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Help has actually ended up being a specialized information provider and a big extensive Science and Technology publishing business through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Analysis has actually invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being an effective publishing house, however, the changing macro market patterns and forces bring particular challenges to the publishing market in basic and CMP in specific. These elements consist of;
• Entrance of the new publishing companies in the industry.
• Decreasing development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing methods
• Improvement of science and innovation.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised a number of questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the business could be used to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Help has certain strengths that can be used to decrease the hazards, get rid of the weakness and avail the chances. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Analysis in the publishing market i.e. 60 years permits the business to supply high quality items at a lower cost using its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities created by its successful journey provide a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Large product portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its danger and provide high value to its clients.
• Strong monetary position permits the business to consider a number of development opportunities without any fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has specific weak points which might increase restrictions for the company in implementing its advancement program. The weak points of Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Help are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing firm, the company still has traditional methods ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It ought to propose certain expansion strategies to avoid its dependence over the Chinese markets to attain long term development.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is decreasing given that 2008, affecting Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Help as well, however the growth might be revived by availing particular chances presented in the market. The market chances for CMP include;
• The business might likewise present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong customer recognition in the market.
• CMP might consider a development program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to minimize its reliance over Chinese markets by using its vast financial resources.
The altering macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing industry has posed certain hazards to Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Analysis including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries could lead to decreasing market share of Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Analysis due to the consumer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of large number of rivals in the publishing industry increase the danger for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can acquire a strong consumer base by utilizing particular techniques like aggressive promotion, quality items, etc.
• Entrance of new publishing companies in the industry together with presence of high competitors increases the danger of losing the consumer base.
Due to absence of data, the financial ratios of CMP could not be determined. It might be analyzed from the Appendix III that the yearly total incomes of Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Help throughout the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, revealing that the yearly need of the items of CMP is growing and the company is quite efficient in drawing in a big number of customers at a potential cost.
Together with it, the second chart which shows the yearly growth in the Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Analysis overall assets, reveals that the business is quite efficient in including worth to its assets through its earnings. The growth in possessions reveals that the total worth of the company is also increasing with increasing the overall profits. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company using the provided information might be the analysis concerning the distribution of overall incomes of the company. Major part of the revenues of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The company might move towards other organisation sectors with a potential growth to accomplish its future advancement goal.
PESTEL analysis might be carried out to discover the numerous external forces impacting the performance of the company and the recent trends in the external environment of the company. A short PESTEL analysis of the company is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a substantial impact on the state of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the government, for that reason, the publishing sector is highly supervised and guided by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. For that reason, it could be stated that the overall political forces affecting Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Help organisation are high. The federal government policies relating to the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in general and the Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Solution in specific includesthe costs of paper, the earnings level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the total GDP development of the country. All these forces combine impact the demand for the publishing market. Along with it, the economic policies associated with the import of books affect the general organisation at CPM. However, China's financial conditions are rather favorable for CMP with high GDP development and consumer income level.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population development, the consumer's choices towards checking out informative products etc. China has the highest population worldwide with a high population growth, showing the increasing variety of customers of the Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Analysis. However, the consumer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP should concentrate on digital publishing to fulfill the altering consumer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP include the technological development in the reading strategies and so on. Enhancement of science and technology along with the rise of digital publishing might minimize the need for the CMP items, if certain actions would not be taken quickly.
Ecological forces affecting Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Analysis consists of the concerns of environmental communities over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be non reusable and the ink utilized while publishing must not be harmful for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 needs the publishers to be approved initially by the Federal government to be gone into in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Design could be used to evaluate the appearance of the publishing market China. A brief analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is offered as follows;.
Risk of New Entrants.
Hazards of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective development in the market tends to draw in brand-new entrants to the publishing market. The existence of extreme competition and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate new entrants to enter in the market.
Threat of Substitution.
Hazard of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The replacement products for the published files is the documents provided in the virtual libraries on particular sites. The changing consumer preferences towards digital knowing increase the threat of substitution for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The presence of large number of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Along with it, new entrants are also participating in the marketplace increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The significant suppliers of the Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Analysis consist of the suppliers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the overall bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Negotiating power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers needs high quality files at competitive rates.
CMP operates in a highly competitive industry with the existence of large number of rivals. The company has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Help include;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close rivals of CMP. Established in the same period, CIP publishes similar kind of books. For a large time period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks second and 3rd in different market sections, with a significant concentrate on educational publications. CIP serves as a threat for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is concentrated on digital publishing and could wean the market share of Oberoi Hotels Train Whistle In The Tiger Reserve 2 Case Study Solution easily in the current market circumstance.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close rival of CMP is PTP. It was likewise founded in the exact same period as CMP and CIP. It ranks sixth in the state-owned publishers in regards to company scale. It is also one of the prominent gamers in the publishing industry with an annual total incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Reducing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Clients
• Growth opportunities.
• Preventing the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Use of prospective resources in expansion.
• Danger of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing present capabilities.
• Low risk of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio provides high worth to consumers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business sectors to the brand-new one can lead the company to lose need of its products in the market.
With the deep analysis of the external and internal environment of the company in addition to the industry analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is recommended to CMP to achieve its future advancement. As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the business need an immediate option to avoid the decreasing market growth. For that reason, intro of digital publishing could prove to be an instant option with low quantity of danger for the company. However, the company might also think about the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business must initially gathers the information related to the consumer need, the possible markets, the federal government policies and the data related to the rivals presented in the market. If the preliminary offering proves a success, the company needs to go for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is declining since 2008, showing a threat to the company's long term existence, however the scenario can be controlled by considering a development strategy in the future. The company could think about introducing digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at instant basis and to prevent the threat of failure for entrance in the new markets.