Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Solution and Analysis
Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Help is the largest publishing business with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP provides a number of services including; collecting information, processing information and interaction services. Major organisation sectors of the company consist of; books, periodicals, consultancy and distribution. The company has a huge item portfolio and its significant items include books, periodicals, online media, exhibitions, research study reports and so on. Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Solution has ended up being a specialized info supplier and a big extensive Science and Technology publishing business through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Solution has actually invested its 60 years journey efficiently, being a successful publishing house, nevertheless, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring specific difficulties to the publishing market in basic and CMP in particular. These elements consist of;
• Entrance of the new publishing companies in the market.
• Decreasing growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing methods
• Improvement of science and technology.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised a number of questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the abilities of the company could be made use of to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Help has particular strengths that can be made use of to reduce the risks, get rid of the weakness and get the chances. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Help in the publishing market i.e. 60 years enables the business to offer high quality products at a lower cost using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities created by its effective journey offer a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and supply high value to its clients.
• Strong monetary position enables the business to consider numerous advancement chances with no worry of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the company has specific weak points which could increase restraints for the company in implementing its advancement program. The weak points of Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Analysis are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing firm, the business still has conventional methods ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It should propose particular growth plans to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to achieve long term growth.
The development of the publishing industry is decreasing considering that 2008, impacting Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Solution as well, but the development could be restored by availing certain chances presented in the market. The market opportunities for CMP consist of;
• The company could also introduce Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong client acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could think about an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to minimize its dependence over Chinese markets by using its vast funds.
The altering macro patterns in the market and increasing competition in the publishing market has actually postured specific dangers to Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Solution consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might result in declining market share of Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Solution due to the customer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of rivals in the publishing industry increase the threat for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can get a strong consumer base by using certain techniques like aggressive promo, quality items, etc.
• Entryway of brand-new publishing companies in the industry together with presence of high competitors increases the danger of losing the consumer base.
The company has a rather competitive financial efficiency. Due to lack of data, the financial ratios of CMP might not be calculated. The total financial performance of the company could be examined by using the charts offered in the case Appendices. It might be examined from the Appendix III that the yearly total incomes of CMP during the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the yearly demand of the items of Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Analysis is growing and the business is quite efficient in drawing in a a great deal of clients at a potential price.
Along with it, the 2nd chart which shows the annual growth in the Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Help overall properties, shows that the company is rather efficient in including worth to its possessions through its incomes. The development in possessions shows that the total worth of the company is also increasing with increasing the total profits. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company utilizing the offered information might be the analysis relating to the circulation of total profits of the business. Major part of the revenues of CMP originates from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The company might move towards other company segments with a prospective growth to attain its future development goal.
PESTEL analysis might be conducted to discover the numerous external forces impacting the efficiency of the business and the recent patterns in the external environment of the business. A brief PESTEL analysis of the company is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a considerable effect on the mindset of the people about the communist ideology of the government, for that reason, the publishing sector is extremely supervised and directed by the Promotion Department of the Communist Celebration of China. It might be stated that the general political forces impacting CMP business are high. The federal government policies concerning the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in specific includesthe rates of paper, the income level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the total GDP development of the country. All these forces integrate effect the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces consist of the population development, the consumer's preferences towards reading useful materials etc. China has the greatest population in the world with a high population development, showing the increasing number of customers of the Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Help. Nevertheless, the consumer choices are moving towards digital publishing instead of the traditional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must concentrate on digital publishing to satisfy the altering consumer preferences.
Technological forces affecting the CMP include the technological advancement in the reading strategies and so on. Improvement of science and innovation in addition to the increase of digital publishing could decrease the demand for the CMP products, if certain actions would not be taken quickly.
Environmental forces impacting Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Analysis includes the issues of environmental neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is needed to be disposable and the ink used while publishing must not be harmful for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal regulations concerning the publishing sector is managed by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized initially by the Government to be gone into in the publishing market. The ordinance forbids direct participation of foreign entities and people in the publishing sector.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Model might be used to analyze the appearance of the publishing market China. A brief analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is offered as follows;.
Risk of New Entrants.
Risks of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The prospective growth in the market tends to attract brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. The existence of intense competition and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to enter in the market.
Danger of Replacement.
Threat of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The replacement products for the published files is the documents provided in the digital libraries on specific sites. The changing consumer preferences towards digital learning increase the risk of substitution for the industry.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The existence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Together with it, brand-new entrants are also entering into the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major suppliers of the Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Solution include the providers of the paper for publishing documents. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Negotiating power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the buyers needs high quality documents at competitive costs.
CMP runs in an extremely competitive industry with the presence of large number of competitors. The business has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Ockham Technologies A Building The Team Case Study Help include;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a threat for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the market share of CMP easily in the existing market scenario.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close competitor of CMP is PTP. It was likewise established in the very same period as CMP and CIP. It ranks 6th in the state-owned publishers in regards to service scale. It is also among the popular gamers in the publishing market with a yearly overall revenues of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Reducing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Consumers
• Growth chances.
• Preventing the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Use of prospective resources in growth.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to introduce using current capabilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio supplies high worth to customers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core service sections to the brand-new one can lead the business to lose need of its products in the market.
As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the company need an immediate service to avoid the decreasing industry growth. The company might likewise consider the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its item portfolio, the company needs to first gathers the data associated with the consumer demand, the potential markets, the federal government regulations and the information associated with the competitors presented in the market. After that, the company needs to decide one possible sector for its initial offering. It must gather research study that how it might separate its digital publishing from the existing competitors' products. The actions above the business should go for the initial offering. The business needs to go for the other markets if the preliminary offering shows a success. In this way the business would have the ability to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is declining since 2008, showing a hazard to the business's long term presence, however the situation can be controlled by considering an advancement strategy in the future. The company could consider presenting digital publishingin its existing market to execute its development program at immediate basis and to avoid the danger of failure for entrance in the new markets.