Organizational Change And Management Case Study Solution and Analysis
Organizational Change And Management Case Study Help is the biggest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP provides a variety of services consisting of; collecting information, processing info and communication services. Significant company segments of the company include; books, regulars, consultancy and distribution. The company has a large item portfolio and its major items include books, regulars, online media, exhibitions, research reports and so on. Organizational Change And Management Case Study Analysis has ended up being a specialized information supplier and a big thorough Science and Technology publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Organizational Change And Management Case Study Analysis has invested its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing home, however, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring particular difficulties to the publishing market in general and CMP in particular. These aspects include;
• Entrance of the new publishing firms in the market.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing strategies
• Improvement of science and innovation.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised several concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the business could be utilized to pursue the future advancement unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Organizational Change And Management Case Study Solution has certain strengths that can be made use of to lower the dangers, get rid of the weak point and obtain the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of Organizational Change And Management Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years enables the business to provide high quality products at a lower expense utilizing its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities created by its effective journey supply a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Vast product portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its threat and provide high worth to its clients.
• Strong monetary position allows the company to consider a number of development opportunities with no worry of raising fund externally.
In addition to the strengths, the business has particular weaknesses which might increase restrictions for the business in implementing its development program. The weak points of Organizational Change And Management Case Study Solution are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the company still has standard ways ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It ought to propose specific growth plans to prevent its reliance over the Chinese markets to attain long term growth.
The growth of the publishing market is declining given that 2008, impacting Organizational Change And Management Case Study Solution as well, but the development could be revived by availing certain opportunities provided in the market. The marketplace chances for CMP include;
• The company might likewise introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong client recognition in the market.
• CMP could consider a development program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to reduce its reliance over Chinese markets by using its vast funds.
The altering macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing market has actually postured certain hazards to Organizational Change And Management Case Study Help including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might lead to decreasing market share of Organizational Change And Management Case Study Solution due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of large number of competitors in the publishing market increase the danger for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can gain a strong customer base by utilizing specific strategies like aggressive promotion, quality items, etc.
• Entrance of new publishing companies in the market along with presence of high competitors increases the risk of losing the consumer base.
The company has a quite competitive monetary performance. Due to absence of data, the monetary ratios of CMP could not be calculated. Nevertheless, the total monetary efficiency of the business might be examined by utilizing the charts given up the case Appendices. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the yearly total profits of CMP during the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the annual demand of the items of Organizational Change And Management Case Study Analysis is growing and the company is rather effective in drawing in a large number of clients at a prospective price.
Along with it, the second graph which reveals the annual development in the Organizational Change And Management Case Study Solution total properties, reveals that the company is quite effective in including value to its assets through its profits. The growth in assets reveals that the overall value of the company is also increasing with increasing the overall revenues. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business utilizing the given data could be the analysis relating to the distribution of overall earnings of the company. Major part of the incomes of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The company could move towards other company segments with a prospective growth to attain its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis might be conducted to learn the various external forces impacting the efficiency of the business and the recent trends in the external environment of the business. A short PESTEL analysis of the company is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a considerable effect on the frame of mind of individuals about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely supervised and assisted by the Promotion Department of the Communist Party of China. For that reason, it might be stated that the overall political forces impacting Organizational Change And Management Case Study Analysis service are high. The federal government policies regarding the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in specific includesthe costs of paper, the income level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP development of the country. All these forces integrate impact the need for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The consumer preferences are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the traditional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to focus on digital publishing to satisfy the altering customer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological development in the reading methods etc. Improvement of science and technology together with the rise of digital publishing could lower the need for the CMP products, if specific actions would not be taken soon.
Environmental forces impacting Organizational Change And Management Case Study Solution includes the concerns of environmental communities over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink used while publishing ought to not be damaging for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be approved first by the Federal government to be gone into in the publishing market.
Market Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's Five Forces Model could be used to analyze the beauty of the publishing industry China. A quick analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is provided as follows;.
Danger of New Entrants.
Dangers of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The potential development in the industry tends to bring in new entrants to the publishing industry. The presence of extreme competitors and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate new entrants to go into in the market.
Hazard of Replacement.
Hazard of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The replacement products for the released files is the documents presented in the digital libraries on certain sites. The altering customer preferences towards digital learning increase the danger of substitution for the market.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The existence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. In addition to it, brand-new entrants are also participating in the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major suppliers of the Organizational Change And Management Case Study Help consist of the suppliers of the paper for publishing documents. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the general bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Negotiating power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the buyers needs high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP operates in a highly competitive industry with the presence of a great deal of rivals. The company has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of Organizational Change And Management Case Study Analysis include;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIPis among the close competitors of CMP. Founded in the exact same period, CIP releases similar kind of books. For a big time period, CIP held the largest market share, and still ranks third and 2nd in numerous market sections, with a major concentrate on instructional publications. CIP serves as a hazard for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of Organizational Change And Management Case Study Solution easily in the existing market scenario.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close rival of CMP is PTP. It was likewise established in the exact same duration as CMP and CIP. It ranks sixth in the state-owned publishers in terms of business scale. It is also one of the popular gamers in the publishing industry with a yearly overall profits of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Minimizing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Customers
• Development chances.
• Avoiding the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Use of potential resources in growth.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present using present abilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio offers high worth to consumers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business sections to the brand-new one can lead the business to lose need of its items in the market.
As the preferences are moving towards digital publishing and the business require an immediate solution to prevent the decreasing industry growth. The business might also consider the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its item portfolio, the company should initially collects the data connected to the customer demand, the prospective markets, the government guidelines and the data related to the rivals provided in the market. After that, the business must decide one possible segment for its initial offering. It needs to gather research study that how it might separate its digital publishing from the existing competitors' items. The steps above the business must go for the preliminary offering. The business must go for the other markets if the initial offering shows a success. In this method the business would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is declining considering that 2008, showing a risk to the company's long term presence, however the situation can be controlled by considering a development plan in the future. The company could consider presenting digital publishingin its existing market to implement its advancement program at immediate basis and to avoid the threat of failure for entrance in the brand-new markets.