Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Solution and Analysis
Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Help is the largest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP provides a number of services consisting of; collecting info, processing information and interaction services. Major business sections of the business consist of; books, periodicals, consultancy and circulation. The company has a vast product portfolio and its major items consist of books, regulars, online media, exhibitions, research reports etc. Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Help has actually become a specialized information provider and a large detailed Science and Technology publishing business through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Help has spent its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing house, nevertheless, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring specific difficulties to the publishing market in general and CMP in particular. These factors include;
• Entrance of the brand-new publishing companies in the industry.
• Decreasing growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing techniques
• Improvement of science and technology.
The change of the macro markets have raised several questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the business could be used to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Solution has certain strengths that can be used to minimize the dangers, overcome the weakness and obtain the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the business to offer high quality products at a lower expense utilizing its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities generated by its successful journey supply a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its threat and offer high worth to its customers.
• Strong financial position enables the business to consider a number of development chances without any fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the company has certain weak points which might increase restrictions for the business in implementing its development program. The weaknesses of Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Analysis are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing company, the company still has traditional methods ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It must propose certain expansion plans to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to attain long term growth.
The development of the publishing industry is decreasing considering that 2008, impacting Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Analysis as well, but the growth could be restored by availing particular opportunities provided in the market. The marketplace chances for CMP include;
• The business might likewise introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong customer recognition in the market.
• CMP could consider a development program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to lower its reliance over Chinese markets by using its vast financial resources.
The altering macro trends in the market and increasing competition in the publishing industry has actually posed certain hazards to Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Help consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might cause declining market share of Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Help due to the customer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of competitors in the publishing market increase the threat for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can acquire a strong consumer base by utilizing certain strategies like aggressive promotion, quality products, etc.
• Entrance of new publishing companies in the industry together with existence of high competition increases the hazard of losing the consumer base.
The business has a rather competitive financial efficiency. Due to absence of information, the financial ratios of CMP could not be calculated. However, the general monetary efficiency of the business might be analyzed by utilizing the charts given in the case Appendices. It could be analyzed from the Appendix III that the yearly overall profits of CMP throughout the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, revealing that the annual demand of the products of Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Analysis is growing and the company is rather effective in attracting a a great deal of customers at a possible rate.
In addition to it, the 2nd chart which shows the yearly development in the Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Help overall properties, reveals that the business is quite effective in adding worth to its possessions through its incomes. The development in properties reveals that the overall value of the firm is likewise increasing with increasing the total incomes. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business using the provided information could be the analysis relating to the distribution of overall profits of the business. Major part of the profits of CMP comes from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business could move towards other company segments with a prospective development to attain its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis could be performed to discover the numerous external forces affecting the performance of the business and the recent trends in the external environment of the business. A brief PESTEL analysis of the business is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a significant impact on the frame of mind of individuals about the communist ideology of the federal government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely supervised and assisted by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China. For that reason, it might be stated that the general political forces impacting Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Solution business are high. The federal government policies relating to the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in particular includesthe rates of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP development of the country. All these forces combine effect the need for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The consumer choices are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the traditional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must focus on digital publishing to meet the changing consumer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP include the technological development in the reading strategies and so on. Improvement of science and innovation together with the rise of digital publishing could lower the need for the CMP products, if specific actions would not be taken soon.
Environmental forces affecting Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Solution consists of the issues of ecological neighborhoods over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is needed to be non reusable and the ink utilized while publishing should not be harmful for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be approved first by the Federal government to be entered in the publishing market.
Market Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Model).
Porter's Five Forces Design might be utilized to evaluate the attractiveness of the publishing industry China. A quick analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is provided as follows;.
Risk of New Entrants.
Threats of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective growth in the industry tends to attract brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. The presence of intense competitors and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to go into in the market.
Danger of Substitution.
Danger of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The alternative items for the released documents is the documents presented in the digital libraries on specific sites. The changing consumer preferences towards digital knowing increase the risk of substitution for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing industry is high. The presence of a great deal of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Along with it, new entrants are also participating in the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major providers of the Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Help include the providers of the paper for releasing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the overall bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Haggling power of purchaser in the publishing market is high. Due to the presence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the buyers requires high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP operates in an extremely competitive market with the presence of large number of rivals. The company has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant rivals of Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Help include;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close competitors of CMP. Established in the same period, CIP publishes comparable kind of books. For a large period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks 2nd and third in various market sectors, with a major focus on academic publications. CIP functions as a threat for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the market share of Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Help easily in the present market circumstance.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise founded in the same duration as Osscube Leveraging Social Media Case Study Help and CIP. It is also one of the popular players in the publishing industry with a yearly overall earnings of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Minimizing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Consumers
• Development opportunities.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Use of possible resources in growth.
• Danger of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing present abilities.
• Low risk of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio supplies high value to consumers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business sectors to the brand-new one can lead the business to lose need of its items in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the company along with the industry analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is recommended to CMP to achieve its future advancement. As the preferences are shifting towards digital publishing and the business need an instant service to avoid the declining industry growth. Introduction of digital publishing could show to be an instant solution with low amount of danger for the company. The business might also consider the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its item portfolio, the business ought to first gathers the data related to the consumer need, the prospective markets, the federal government regulations and the information related to the rivals presented in the market. If the preliminary offering proves a success, the business must go for the other markets. In this way the business would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is decreasing because 2008, revealing a risk to the company's long term existence, but the circumstance can be managed by thinking about an advancement strategy in the future. The company could consider presenting digital publishingin its existing market to execute its development program at immediate basis and to avoid the threat of failure for entryway in the brand-new markets.