Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Solution and Analysis
Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Help is the biggest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually ended up being a specialized info provider and a large detailed Science and Technology publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing home, however, the changing macro market patterns and forces bring certain challenges to the publishing market in general and Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Solution in particular. These factors include;
• Entryway of the brand-new publishing companies in the industry.
• Declining development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing strategies
• Enhancement of science and innovation.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised several concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the abilities of the company could be used to strive for the future advancement unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Analysis has specific strengths that can be used to decrease the dangers, overcome the weak point and avail the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Analysis in the publishing market i.e. 60 years permits the business to offer high quality products at a lower expense utilizing its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities produced by its effective journey supply a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Huge product portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its danger and supply high value to its clients.
• Strong monetary position enables the business to think about a number of advancement opportunities without any fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has particular weaknesses which might increase restraints for the company in executing its development program. The weaknesses of Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Help are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the business still has conventional methods ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It must propose certain expansion plans to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term growth.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is decreasing since 2008, impacting Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Help also, but the development might be restored by availing particular opportunities presented in the market. The market opportunities for CMP consist of;
• The company could also introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong customer recognition in the market.
• CMP might consider an advancement program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to minimize its dependence over Chinese markets by using its large funds.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competition in the publishing industry has actually presented specific threats to Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Solution consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries could cause decreasing market share of Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Help due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of competitors in the publishing industry increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can gain a strong consumer base by using certain methods like aggressive promotion, quality products, etc.
• Entryway of new publishing companies in the market in addition to existence of high competitors increases the danger of losing the customer base.
Due to absence of information, the financial ratios of CMP could not be computed. It might be evaluated from the Appendix III that the yearly overall earnings of Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Help during the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the annual demand of the products of CMP is growing and the business is rather efficient in attracting a big number of customers at a potential rate.
Together with it, the 2nd chart which reveals the yearly development in the Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Solution overall properties, shows that the company is quite efficient in including value to its assets through its profits. The growth in assets reveals that the total value of the firm is also increasing with increasing the overall earnings. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company utilizing the provided data could be the analysis regarding the distribution of overall incomes of the company. Major part of the revenues of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business could move towards other business sectors with a potential growth to attain its future development goal.
PESTEL analysis could be conducted to find out the different external forces affecting the efficiency of the business and the recent patterns in the external environment of the business. A brief PESTEL analysis of the business is given as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a substantial impact on the mindset of individuals about the communist ideology of the federal government, for that reason, the publishing sector is extremely monitored and assisted by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China. Therefore, it could be stated that the total political forces affecting Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Help company are high. The federal government policies regarding the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in particular includesthe costs of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP development of the nation. All these forces combine impact the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population growth, the customer's choices towards reading useful products and so on. China has the highest population on the planet with a high population development, revealing the increasing number of consumers of the Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Solution. Nevertheless, the customer preferences are moving towards digital publishing instead of the traditional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP ought to concentrate on digital publishing to meet the altering customer preferences.
Technological forces affecting the CMP consist of the technological improvement in the reading strategies etc. Improvement of science and technology in addition to the rise of digital publishing might minimize the need for the CMP products, if certain actions would not be taken soon.
Ecological forces affecting Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Help includes the concerns of environmental neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is needed to be disposable and the ink used while publishing should not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized initially by the Federal government to be entered in the publishing market.
Market Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Design).
Porter's 5 Forces Design might be utilized to evaluate the beauty of the publishing industry China. A brief analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is offered as follows;.
Threat of New Entrants.
Hazards of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective development in the market tends to bring in new entrants to the publishing market. However, the existence of extreme competition and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate new entrants to go into in the market.
Danger of Replacement.
Hazard of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The alternative items for the published files is the documents presented in the digital libraries on particular websites. The altering consumer choices towards digital learning increase the threat of replacement for the market.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The existence of large number of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Together with it, new entrants are also participating in the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The major suppliers of the Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Help include the suppliers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the total bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Negotiating power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers requires high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP operates in an extremely competitive market with the presence of large number of rivals. However, the company has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Help include;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a risk for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the market share of CMP easily in the existing market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was also founded in the same period as Pakistan Is Foreign Aid Helping Or Hindering Development Case Study Analysis and CIP. It is also one of the popular players in the publishing industry with a yearly total earnings of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Minimizing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Consumers
• Development chances.
• Avoiding the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Use of prospective resources in growth.
• Danger of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to introduce using existing abilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio provides high value to consumers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core organisation sectors to the new one can lead the business to lose need of its items in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the business together with the market analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is suggested to CMP to achieve its future development. As the preferences are moving towards digital publishing and the company require an instant solution to prevent the decreasing industry development. Introduction of digital publishing might show to be an immediate service with low amount of threat for the company. Nevertheless, the company might also think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its item portfolio, the business needs to first collects the information related to the customer need, the potential markets, the federal government regulations and the information related to the competitors provided in the market. After that, the company needs to choose one prospective section for its initial offering. It needs to collect research study that how it could distinguish its digital publishing from the existing rivals' products. After all the steps above the company need to opt for the initial offering. The company needs to go for the other markets if the preliminary offering shows a success. In this method the business would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is declining considering that 2008, showing a threat to the company's long term existence, however the situation can be managed by thinking about an advancement plan in the future. The business could think about introducing digital publishingin its existing market to implement its advancement program at instant basis and to avoid the danger of failure for entryway in the new markets.