Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Solution and Analysis
Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Solution is the biggest publishing business with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has become a specialized information company and a large extensive Science and Innovation publishing business through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Solution has invested its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing home, however, the changing macro market patterns and forces bring certain challenges to the publishing market in basic and CMP in specific. These aspects include;
• Entrance of the brand-new publishing firms in the industry.
• Decreasing development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing strategies
• Improvement of science and technology.
The change of the macro markets have raised a number of concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the business could be utilized to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Solution has specific strengths that can be made use of to lower the dangers, overcome the weakness and avail the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the company to supply high quality products at a lower expense using its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities generated by its effective journey provide a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Huge item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its risk and offer high worth to its consumers.
• Strong monetary position permits the company to consider numerous advancement chances with no fear of raising fund externally.
Along with the strengths, the company has particular weaknesses which might increase constraints for the company in implementing its development program. The weak points of Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Analysis are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing firm, the business still has traditional ways ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It must propose specific expansion plans to avoid its dependence over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term growth.
Although, the development of the publishing market is decreasing since 2008, affecting Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Help as well, but the growth could be restored by availing specific chances provided in the market. The marketplace opportunities for CMP include;
• The company could likewise present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong client recognition in the market.
• CMP might consider an advancement program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to lower its reliance over Chinese markets by using its large funds.
The altering macro trends in the market and increasing competition in the publishing market has actually postured particular risks to Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Solution including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries could cause decreasing market share of Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Help due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The existence of large number of rivals in the publishing industry increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can gain a strong consumer base by utilizing specific strategies like aggressive promotion, quality items, and so on
• Entrance of brand-new publishing companies in the market along with presence of high competition increases the hazard of losing the client base.
Due to lack of data, the financial ratios of CMP could not be calculated. It might be examined from the Appendix III that the annual overall earnings of Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Solution during the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, revealing that the annual need of the products of CMP is growing and the business is quite effective in attracting a large number of customers at a possible cost.
Along with it, the 2nd chart which shows the annual growth in the Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Analysis overall assets, shows that the company is quite efficient in adding worth to its assets through its incomes. The growth in possessions reveals that the total worth of the firm is also increasing with increasing the overall profits. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business using the given data could be the analysis concerning the distribution of total incomes of the business. Major part of the incomes of CMP comes from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other organisation sections with a possible growth to attain its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis might be carried out to learn the different external forces impacting the performance of the company and the current patterns in the external environment of the company. A short PESTEL analysis of the business is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a substantial influence on the frame of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is highly supervised and guided by the Promotion Department of the Communist Celebration of China. It could be said that the total political forces affecting CMP company are high. The federal government policies regarding the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in specific includesthe costs of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the total GDP growth of the country. All these forces combine effect the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces consist of the population growth, the customer's choices towards reading informative materials etc. China has the highest population in the world with a high population development, revealing the increasing number of customers of the Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Analysis. However, the customer choices are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the traditional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP should concentrate on digital publishing to meet the altering customer choices.
Technological forces impacting the CMP include the technological development in the reading techniques etc. Enhancement of science and innovation in addition to the increase of digital publishing could reduce the demand for the CMP items, if particular actions would not be taken quickly.
Ecological forces affecting Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Help consists of the concerns of ecological neighborhoods over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is needed to be disposable and the ink used while publishing needs to not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal guidelines for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal guidelines relating to the publishing sector is managed by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized initially by the Government to be entered in the publishing market. The regulation prohibits direct involvement of foreign entities and people in the publishing sector.
Market Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's 5 Forces Design could be utilized to examine the attractiveness of the publishing market China. A quick analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is given as follows;.
Threat of New Entrants.
Hazards of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The possible development in the market tends to draw in brand-new entrants to the publishing market. Nevertheless, the existence of extreme competitors and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to go into in the market.
Hazard of Replacement.
Hazard of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The substitute items for the published files is the files provided in the digital libraries on particular sites. The altering consumer preferences towards digital learning increase the danger of replacement for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The presence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Together with it, brand-new entrants are likewise entering into the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The significant suppliers of the Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Help include the suppliers of the paper for publishing documents. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the overall bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Haggling power of purchaser in the publishing industry is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers requires high quality files at competitive rates.
CMP runs in a highly competitive market with the existence of large number of rivals. However, the company has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of Round Two Repositioning The Tata Nano Case Study Analysis consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a risk for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP quickly in the existing market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close competitor of CMP is PTP. It was likewise founded in the exact same period as CMP and CIP. It ranks sixth in the state-owned publishers in terms of company scale. It is also one of the prominent players in the publishing industry with a yearly overall revenues of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Reducing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Clients
• Growth opportunities.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Usage of potential resources in growth.
• Risk of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing present abilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio offers high worth to clients.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core company segments to the brand-new one can lead the company to lose demand of its products in the market.
As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the business require an immediate solution to avoid the declining market growth. The business might likewise think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its item portfolio, the business should initially gathers the data related to the customer demand, the potential markets, the federal government guidelines and the data related to the competitors presented in the market. If the preliminary offering shows a success, the company should go for the other markets. In this method the business would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
The growth of the publishing industry is decreasing considering that 2008, showing a hazard to the company's long term existence, but the scenario can be managed by thinking about an advancement strategy in the future. The business might think about introducing digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at immediate basis and to prevent the risk of failure for entryway in the new markets.