Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Solution and Analysis
Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Help is the biggest publishing business with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP provides a variety of services consisting of; gathering details, processing information and communication services. Major service segments of the business consist of; books, regulars, consultancy and distribution. The business has a huge product portfolio and its major items consist of books, regulars, online media, exhibits, research reports and so on. Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Help has ended up being a specialized information supplier and a big thorough Science and Innovation publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has actually spent its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing home, however, the changing macro market trends and forces bring particular obstacles to the publishing market in basic and Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Solution in specific. These elements include;
• Entryway of the new publishing firms in the industry.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing techniques
• Improvement of science and technology.
The change of the macro markets have raised several concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be utilized to pursue the future advancement unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Solution has specific strengths that can be used to decrease the threats, overcome the weak point and get the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Analysis in the publishing market i.e. 60 years allows the business to supply high quality items at a lower expense using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities produced by its effective journey supply a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Huge item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its risk and offer high worth to its consumers.
• Strong monetary position allows the business to think about several advancement opportunities with no fear of raising fund externally.
Along with the strengths, the company has particular weak points which could increase restrictions for the company in implementing its development program. The weak points of Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Solution are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing firm, the company still has traditional methods ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It needs to propose specific growth strategies to avoid its reliance over the Chinese markets to achieve long term development.
Although, the development of the publishing market is decreasing because 2008, affecting Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Help too, however the growth might be revived by availing particular opportunities provided in the market. The market chances for CMP include;
• The business could also introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong customer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could consider a development program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to minimize its reliance over Chinese markets by using its huge funds.
The changing macro trends in the market and increasing competition in the publishing industry has presented certain dangers to Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Solution including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries could cause declining market share of Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Help due to the customer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of large number of competitors in the publishing market increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can acquire a strong customer base by using certain methods like aggressive promo, quality products, etc.
• Entrance of new publishing firms in the industry in addition to existence of high competitors increases the threat of losing the consumer base.
Due to absence of information, the financial ratios of CMP might not be calculated. It might be analyzed from the Appendix III that the annual total profits of Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Help during the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, showing that the annual need of the products of CMP is growing and the company is rather effective in attracting a big number of customers at a potential rate.
Together with it, the second chart which shows the yearly growth in the Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Help overall assets, shows that the business is rather efficient in including value to its possessions through its profits. The growth in possessions shows that the total worth of the company is also increasing with increasing the overall incomes. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company using the provided data could be the analysis relating to the distribution of overall earnings of the company. Major part of the incomes of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business could move towards other organisation segments with a prospective development to attain its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis might be performed to find out the various external forces affecting the performance of the company and the recent trends in the external environment of the company. A quick PESTEL analysis of the business is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a significant effect on the state of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the federal government, for that reason, the publishing sector is extremely monitored and directed by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China. It might be stated that the total political forces affecting CMP company are high. The federal government policies relating to the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in basic and the Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Solution in particular includesthe costs of paper, the earnings level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the total GDP growth of the country. All these forces integrate effect the demand for the publishing market. Along with it, the financial policies associated with the import of books impact the overall business at CPM. Nevertheless, China's economic conditions are rather beneficial for CMP with high GDP development and customer earnings level.
Social and Demographical.
The customer choices are moving towards digital publishing rather than the traditional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to focus on digital publishing to meet the altering consumer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP include the technological improvement in the reading methods and so on. Improvement of science and innovation together with the rise of digital publishing could decrease the need for the CMP items, if particular actions would not be taken soon.
Environmental forces affecting Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Help consists of the issues of environmental neighborhoods over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink utilized while publishing should not be damaging for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Ordinance 1997 needs the publishers to be authorized initially by the Government to be gone into in the publishing market.
Market Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Model).
Porter's Five Forces Model might be used to analyze the attractiveness of the publishing market China. A brief analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is offered as follows;.
Risk of New Entrants.
Threats of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective growth in the market tends to draw in brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. The existence of extreme competition and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to go into in the market.
Threat of Replacement.
Threat of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The replacement items for the published files is the files provided in the virtual libraries on certain websites. The altering customer preferences towards digital learning increase the hazard of alternative for the industry.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The existence of large number of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Along with it, new entrants are also participating in the marketplace increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The significant suppliers of the Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Solution consist of the suppliers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Negotiating power of buyer in the publishing market is high. Due to the presence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the purchasers requires high quality documents at competitive prices.
CMP operates in a highly competitive market with the presence of large number of competitors. Nevertheless, the business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major rivals of Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Help consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close rivals of CMP. Founded in the same duration, CIP publishes similar kind of books. For a large time period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks 3rd and 2nd in various market sectors, with a significant focus on instructional publications. CIP serves as a danger for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the marketplace share of Rufus Rivers And Career Choices In Private Equity And Venture Capital Finance Case Study Help quickly in the existing market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close competitor of CMP is PTP. It was also established in the exact same duration as CMP and CIP. It ranks sixth in the state-owned publishers in terms of business scale. It is likewise among the popular players in the publishing industry with a yearly total revenues of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Reducing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Customers
• Growth chances.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of potential resources in expansion.
• Threat of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing present abilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio provides high worth to customers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core company sectors to the brand-new one can lead the business to lose need of its items in the market.
As the preferences are moving towards digital publishing and the business need an immediate service to avoid the declining industry growth. The company might likewise think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business ought to first gathers the information related to the customer need, the possible markets, the federal government guidelines and the information related to the rivals presented in the market. If the preliminary offering shows a success, the company must go for the other markets. In this way the business would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the development of the publishing industry is declining given that 2008, revealing a hazard to the business's long term presence, but the situation can be managed by considering an advancement strategy in the future. The business might think about introducing digital publishingin its existing market to implement its advancement program at instant basis and to avoid the danger of failure for entrance in the brand-new markets.