Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Solution and Analysis
Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help is the biggest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP provides a variety of services including; collecting info, processing details and communication services. Significant company segments of the business consist of; books, periodicals, consultancy and circulation. The company has a large product portfolio and its major products include books, periodicals, online media, exhibits, research study reports and so on. Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help has ended up being a specialized info company and a big detailed Science and Technology publishing business through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Solution has actually invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing house, however, the changing macro market trends and forces bring particular difficulties to the publishing industry in general and CMP in particular. These aspects include;
• Entrance of the new publishing companies in the industry.
• Decreasing growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing methods
• Improvement of science and innovation.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised numerous questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be used to strive for the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help has particular strengths that can be made use of to minimize the hazards, get rid of the weakness and avail the chances. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the business to supply high quality items at a lower expense using its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities produced by its successful journey offer a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Vast product portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its threat and provide high worth to its consumers.
• Strong monetary position allows the business to consider several advancement chances with no fear of raising fund externally.
In addition to the strengths, the company has certain weak points which could increase constraints for the company in executing its advancement program. The weaknesses of Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing company, the company still has conventional ways ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It must propose particular expansion strategies to avoid its dependence over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term development.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is decreasing since 2008, affecting Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Analysis too, but the growth could be restored by availing specific opportunities provided in the market. The market chances for CMP consist of;
• The business might likewise introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong consumer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could consider an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to reduce its reliance over Chinese markets by utilizing its huge funds.
The altering macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing industry has postured specific risks to Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Solution consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries could result in decreasing market share of Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Solution due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of rivals in the publishing market increase the danger for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can get a strong customer base by utilizing particular strategies like aggressive promotion, quality items, etc.
• Entrance of new publishing firms in the industry in addition to presence of high competitors increases the risk of losing the customer base.
The business has a quite competitive financial performance. Due to lack of information, the financial ratios of CMP could not be computed. Nevertheless, the total financial efficiency of the company could be examined by utilizing the charts given up the case Appendices. It could be evaluated from the Appendix III that the yearly total earnings of CMP throughout the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the yearly demand of the products of Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Analysis is growing and the business is quite efficient in drawing in a large number of customers at a possible price.
Together with it, the 2nd graph which reveals the yearly growth in the Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help total properties, shows that the business is rather effective in adding value to its properties through its revenues. The development in possessions shows that the total worth of the company is likewise increasing with increasing the overall incomes. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company utilizing the given information might be the analysis regarding the circulation of total profits of the business. Huge part of the profits of CMP originates from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other company sectors with a prospective growth to achieve its future development goal.
PESTEL analysis could be carried out to learn the numerous external forces affecting the efficiency of the business and the current trends in the external environment of the company. A quick PESTEL analysis of the company is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a significant influence on the mindset of individuals about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is highly monitored and directed by the Promotion Department of the Communist Celebration of China. It might be said that the total political forces affecting CMP business are high. The government policies relating to the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in basic and the Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help in specific includesthe rates of paper, the earnings level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP development of the nation. All these forces combine impact the need for the publishing market. In addition to it, the financial policies connected to the import of books affect the total service at CPM. China's economic conditions are rather favorable for CMP with high GDP growth and consumer earnings level.
Social and Demographical.
The customer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP should focus on digital publishing to meet the changing consumer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological improvement in the reading strategies etc. Improvement of science and innovation in addition to the rise of digital publishing could lower the demand for the CMP products, if certain actions would not be taken soon.
Environmental forces impacting Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Solution includes the concerns of ecological neighborhoods over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink utilized while publishing needs to not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized initially by the Government to be entered in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Model).
Porter's Five Forces Design might be used to analyze the appearance of the publishing market China. A brief analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is given as follows;.
Threat of New Entrants.
Hazards of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The potential growth in the market tends to bring in new entrants to the publishing market. The existence of intense competition and the requirement of substantial capital tends to demotivate new entrants to go into in the market.
Danger of Replacement.
Danger of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The replacement items for the published documents is the documents presented in the virtual libraries on certain sites. The altering customer preferences towards digital learning increase the danger of substitution for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing industry is high. The existence of large number of customers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP and so on tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. In addition to it, brand-new entrants are also participating in the marketplace increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major suppliers of the Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help consist of the providers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Negotiating power of buyer in the publishing market is high. Due to the presence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers needs high quality files at competitive prices.
CMP operates in an extremely competitive industry with the presence of large number of competitors. However, the business has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Analysis include;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close competitors of CMP. Established in the very same period, CIP releases similar kind of books. For a big period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks 2nd and third in numerous market sectors, with a major focus on academic publications. CIP serves as a threat for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is concentrated on digital publishing and might wean the marketplace share of Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Analysis quickly in the current market circumstance.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise established in the exact same duration as Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Solution and CIP. It is also one of the prominent gamers in the publishing industry with a yearly total incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Lowering dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Customers
• Development opportunities.
• Preventing the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Use of possible resources in expansion.
• Risk of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing existing capabilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio offers high value to customers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core company segments to the brand-new one can lead the company to lose need of its items in the market.
As the preferences are moving towards digital publishing and the company require an instant option to avoid the decreasing industry growth. The business might also think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its item portfolio, the business must first collects the information related to the customer need, the prospective markets, the federal government policies and the data related to the competitors provided in the market. If the initial offering proves a success, the company must go for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
The growth of the publishing market is decreasing given that 2008, showing a risk to the company's long term existence, however the scenario can be controlled by considering a development strategy in the future. The business could think about introducing digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at instant basis and to avoid the threat of failure for entrance in the brand-new markets.