Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Solution and Analysis
Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Analysis is the largest publishing company with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually ended up being a specialized information supplier and a large thorough Science and Innovation publishing business through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help has invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being an effective publishing home, nevertheless, the altering macro market trends and forces bring specific obstacles to the publishing market in basic and CMP in specific. These factors include;
• Entryway of the brand-new publishing companies in the market.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing methods
• Improvement of science and technology.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised several questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be used to pursue the future advancement unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help has particular strengths that can be made use of to minimize the threats, conquer the weak point and avail the chances. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Solution in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the company to offer high quality items at a lower expense utilizing its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities produced by its effective journey supply a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Huge item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and offer high value to its customers.
• Strong monetary position enables the company to consider several development opportunities with no fear of raising fund externally.
Along with the strengths, the company has particular weak points which could increase restraints for the company in executing its advancement program. The weak points of Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Solution are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the business still has standard ways ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its development. It ought to propose certain growth strategies to prevent its dependence over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term development.
The growth of the publishing industry is decreasing considering that 2008, affecting Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Solution as well, but the growth might be revived by availing specific chances provided in the market. The market opportunities for CMP include;
• The company might also introduce Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong client acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP might think about a development program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to decrease its dependence over Chinese markets by utilizing its huge financial resources.
The altering macro patterns in the market and increasing competition in the publishing industry has actually presented specific risks to Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries could cause declining market share of Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help due to the customer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of large number of competitors in the publishing market increase the danger for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can get a strong consumer base by utilizing specific techniques like aggressive promotion, quality items, and so on
• Entrance of brand-new publishing firms in the industry in addition to presence of high competition increases the hazard of losing the consumer base.
Due to lack of data, the monetary ratios of CMP could not be computed. It might be examined from the Appendix III that the annual total revenues of Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Analysis throughout the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, showing that the yearly demand of the products of CMP is growing and the company is rather effective in drawing in a large number of clients at a potential price.
In addition to it, the 2nd chart which reveals the yearly development in the Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help total possessions, reveals that the business is rather efficient in adding worth to its properties through its incomes. The development in possessions reveals that the total value of the firm is likewise increasing with increasing the total revenues. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company utilizing the offered data might be the analysis concerning the distribution of total profits of the company. Huge part of the revenues of CMP comes from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other business sections with a prospective development to accomplish its future advancement goal.
PESTEL analysis could be conducted to learn the different external forces impacting the efficiency of the company and the recent patterns in the external environment of the business. A quick PESTEL analysis of the business is given as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a significant influence on the frame of mind of individuals about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely monitored and guided by the Promotion Department of the Communist Party of China. It could be said that the overall political forces impacting CMP service are high. The federal government policies concerning the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Solution in specific includesthe prices of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP development of the nation. All these forces combine effect the demand for the publishing market. Along with it, the financial policies associated with the import of books impact the overall service at CPM. China's financial conditions are quite favorable for CMP with high GDP growth and customer income level.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population development, the customer's preferences towards checking out useful products etc. China has the highest population on the planet with a high population development, revealing the increasing number of consumers of the Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help. Nevertheless, the consumer choices are shifting towards digital publishing instead of the traditional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP ought to focus on digital publishing to fulfill the changing customer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological improvement in the reading methods and so on. Improvement of science and innovation along with the increase of digital publishing could reduce the need for the CMP products, if specific actions would not be taken soon.
Ecological forces affecting Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Help consists of the issues of ecological neighborhoods over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink used while publishing should not be harmful for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal regulations relating to the publishing sector is managed by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Ordinance 1997 needs the publishers to be approved initially by the Government to be entered in the publishing market. The regulation prohibits direct involvement of foreign entities and individuals in the publishing sector.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's 5 Forces Design could be utilized to examine the appearance of the publishing market China. A short analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is offered as follows;.
Danger of New Entrants.
Risks of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective development in the industry tends to attract brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. However, the existence of intense competitors and the requirement of substantial capital tends to demotivate new entrants to enter in the market.
Risk of Substitution.
Danger of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The alternative items for the published documents is the documents presented in the virtual libraries on certain sites. The altering customer choices towards digital learning increase the danger of substitution for the market.
Competitive competition in the publishing industry is high. The existence of a great deal of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. In addition to it, new entrants are likewise participating in the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The major suppliers of the Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Solution include the providers of the paper for releasing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the overall bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Negotiating power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers requires high quality documents at competitive rates.
CMP runs in a highly competitive industry with the presence of a great deal of competitors. The business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of Survey Based Research And Semi Structure Interviews Case Study Analysis include;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a danger for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of CMP easily in the present market scenario.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close rival of CMP is PTP. It was likewise founded in the exact same duration as CMP and CIP. It ranks 6th in the state-owned publishers in terms of company scale. It is likewise one of the prominent gamers in the publishing industry with a yearly overall earnings of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Lowering dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Consumers
• Growth chances.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of potential resources in expansion.
• Danger of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing present abilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio provides high value to consumers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core service sections to the brand-new one can lead the business to lose need of its items in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the company along with the market analysis and the competitor analysis, Alternative 2 is suggested to CMP to achieve its future development. As the choices are shifting towards digital publishing and the business require an immediate service to avoid the declining market growth. Introduction of digital publishing might show to be an immediate option with low quantity of danger for the business. The company could also consider the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business should first gathers the information related to the consumer demand, the prospective markets, the federal government policies and the data related to the competitors provided in the market. If the initial offering shows a success, the business must go for the other markets. In this way the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
The development of the publishing industry is declining considering that 2008, showing a threat to the business's long term presence, however the situation can be controlled by thinking about an advancement plan in the future. The company might think about presenting digital publishingin its existing market to implement its development program at immediate basis and to avoid the danger of failure for entryway in the brand-new markets.