Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Solution and Analysis
Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Analysis is the largest publishing company with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP offers a number of services including; gathering details, processing info and communication services. Major company sectors of the business include; books, periodicals, consultancy and distribution. The business has a large item portfolio and its major products consist of books, periodicals, online media, exhibitions, research study reports etc. Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Analysis has actually become a specialized info service provider and a big extensive Science and Technology publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Analysis has invested its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing home, however, the changing macro market trends and forces bring certain difficulties to the publishing market in basic and CMP in particular. These elements consist of;
• Entryway of the brand-new publishing companies in the industry.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing techniques
• Improvement of science and technology.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised a number of concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be used to strive for the future development unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Solution has particular strengths that can be made use of to minimize the hazards, get rid of the weakness and avail the chances. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the company to provide high quality products at a lower expense using its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities produced by its successful journey supply a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Large product portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its threat and provide high worth to its clients.
• Strong monetary position enables the business to think about numerous advancement chances without any worry of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has specific weak points which could increase restrictions for the company in implementing its development program. The weaknesses of Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Analysis are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing company, the business still has traditional methods ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It should propose certain expansion plans to prevent its reliance over the Chinese markets to achieve long term growth.
The growth of the publishing industry is decreasing since 2008, impacting Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Analysis as well, but the growth might be revived by availing specific opportunities provided in the market. The market chances for CMP consist of;
• The business might also present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong consumer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could consider an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to decrease its dependence over Chinese markets by utilizing its huge financial resources.
The altering macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing industry has actually postured particular hazards to Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Analysis including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might cause decreasing market share of Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Solution due to the consumer shift towards digital libraries.
• The existence of a great deal of rivals in the publishing industry increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can gain a strong consumer base by using certain strategies like aggressive promotion, quality items, etc.
• Entryway of brand-new publishing companies in the industry along with presence of high competitors increases the threat of losing the client base.
The company has a rather competitive monetary efficiency. Due to lack of data, the financial ratios of CMP could not be calculated. The total financial efficiency of the business could be evaluated by utilizing the charts provided in the case Appendices. It could be evaluated from the Appendix III that the yearly total incomes of CMP during the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, revealing that the annual demand of the products of Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Analysis is growing and the business is rather effective in drawing in a a great deal of clients at a potential rate.
Along with it, the 2nd chart which reveals the yearly development in the Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Analysis overall assets, shows that the company is quite effective in including worth to its assets through its revenues. The development in possessions reveals that the overall worth of the firm is also increasing with increasing the overall earnings. (Unknown, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the business using the provided data could be the analysis relating to the distribution of overall incomes of the company. Major part of the revenues of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The company could move towards other company sections with a prospective development to attain its future advancement goal.
PESTEL analysis might be conducted to learn the various external forces impacting the efficiency of the company and the recent trends in the external environment of the company. A short PESTEL analysis of the company is given as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a considerable influence on the frame of mind of individuals about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely monitored and assisted by the Promotion Department of the Communist Party of China. It might be said that the total political forces affecting CMP organisation are high. The government policies concerning the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in particular includesthe rates of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP development of the nation. All these forces integrate effect the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The customer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must focus on digital publishing to fulfill the changing customer preferences.
Technological forces affecting the CMP consist of the technological improvement in the reading methods etc. Enhancement of science and innovation along with the rise of digital publishing might lower the demand for the CMP products, if certain actions would not be taken quickly.
Ecological forces affecting Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Analysis consists of the issues of environmental communities over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is needed to be non reusable and the ink utilized while publishing needs to not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized initially by the Federal government to be gone into in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's Five Forces Design might be used to evaluate the beauty of the publishing industry China. A short analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is given as follows;.
Threat of New Entrants.
Risks of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective growth in the market tends to bring in brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. The existence of extreme competition and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate new entrants to enter in the market.
Threat of Substitution.
Danger of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The substitute products for the released files is the documents presented in the virtual libraries on specific websites. The altering customer preferences towards digital learning increase the danger of substitution for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing industry is high. The presence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Together with it, brand-new entrants are also entering into the market increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The significant suppliers of the Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Analysis include the suppliers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Haggling power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the buyers requires high quality files at competitive prices.
CMP operates in an extremely competitive industry with the presence of a great deal of rivals. However, the company has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Help include;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis among the close rivals of CMP. Founded in the exact same period, CIP publishes comparable kind of books. For a big period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks second and third in numerous market sections, with a major focus on educational publications. CIP acts as a risk for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the marketplace share of Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Solution easily in the present market scenario.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was also established in the same duration as Tale Of Two Managers Case Study Help and CIP. It is likewise one of the prominent gamers in the publishing market with a yearly total incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Lowering reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Customers
• Growth chances.
• Preventing the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of potential resources in growth.
• Risk of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to present using existing abilities.
• Low risk of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio supplies high value to consumers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core service sectors to the new one can lead the company to lose demand of its items in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the business in addition to the industry analysis and the competitor analysis, Alternative 2 is advised to CMP to accomplish its future advancement. As the choices are shifting towards digital publishing and the business need an immediate service to avoid the declining industry growth. For that reason, intro of digital publishing could show to be an immediate service with low amount of danger for the business. The company could likewise consider the growth program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its item portfolio, the company must first collects the information related to the customer demand, the potential markets, the federal government guidelines and the information related to the rivals provided in the market. If the preliminary offering proves a success, the business must go for the other markets. In this method the business would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the development of the publishing market is decreasing considering that 2008, showing a threat to the company's long term presence, however the scenario can be controlled by thinking about a development strategy in the future. The business might think about introducing digital publishingin its existing market to implement its advancement program at instant basis and to avoid the danger of failure for entrance in the brand-new markets.