The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Solution and Analysis
The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Solution is the largest publishing company with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP provides a number of services consisting of; gathering information, processing info and communication services. Major company sections of the company include; books, regulars, consultancy and distribution. The business has a large product portfolio and its significant items include books, regulars, online media, exhibitions, research study reports etc. The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Help has actually ended up being a specialized information supplier and a large comprehensive Science and Innovation publishing business through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Solution has spent its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing house, however, the changing macro market patterns and forces bring certain obstacles to the publishing market in basic and CMP in specific. These factors consist of;
• Entryway of the brand-new publishing firms in the industry.
• Decreasing development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing strategies
• Enhancement of science and innovation.
The change of the macro markets have raised a number of concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the business could be used to strive for the future development unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Help has specific strengths that can be used to minimize the hazards, overcome the weak point and obtain the chances. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Solution in the publishing market i.e. 60 years allows the company to offer high quality items at a lower expense using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities generated by its successful journey provide a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Vast item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its risk and offer high worth to its consumers.
• Strong financial position allows the business to consider a number of development chances with no worry of raising fund externally.
In addition to the strengths, the business has particular weaknesses which might increase restrictions for the company in implementing its advancement program. The weaknesses of The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Help are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing firm, the company still has traditional methods ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It should propose specific growth plans to prevent its reliance over the Chinese markets to achieve long term development.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is decreasing since 2008, impacting The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Help as well, but the development could be restored by availing specific opportunities provided in the market. The market chances for CMP consist of;
• The business might likewise introduce Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong client acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could think about an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to minimize its dependence over Chinese markets by using its huge funds.
The changing macro trends in the market and increasing competition in the publishing market has posed particular risks to The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Solution consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might cause decreasing market share of The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Help due to the consumer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The existence of a great deal of competitors in the publishing industry increase the hazard for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can acquire a strong customer base by utilizing certain techniques like aggressive promo, quality items, etc.
• Entryway of brand-new publishing firms in the industry together with existence of high competition increases the risk of losing the client base.
The company has a quite competitive monetary performance. Due to absence of data, the monetary ratios of CMP could not be determined. However, the total financial efficiency of the company might be evaluated by using the graphs given in the case Appendices. It might be evaluated from the Appendix III that the annual overall profits of CMP during the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the annual demand of the products of The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Solution is growing and the business is quite efficient in bring in a large number of consumers at a possible price.
Together with it, the 2nd graph which shows the annual growth in the The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Analysis total properties, shows that the business is rather effective in adding value to its assets through its profits. The growth in possessions shows that the total worth of the firm is also increasing with increasing the total incomes. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business using the provided information might be the analysis regarding the circulation of total revenues of the business. Huge part of the revenues of CMP comes from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The company could move towards other organisation sections with a prospective growth to accomplish its future advancement goal.
PESTEL analysis might be performed to discover the various external forces affecting the performance of the company and the current trends in the external environment of the business. A short PESTEL analysis of the company is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a considerable effect on the mindset of individuals about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is highly supervised and guided by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. It might be stated that the general political forces affecting CMP service are high. The federal government policies regarding the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces affecting the publishing sector in general and the The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Help in particular includesthe rates of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the overall GDP development of the country. All these forces integrate effect the need for the publishing market. Together with it, the financial policies associated with the import of books impact the general company at CPM. China's economic conditions are quite beneficial for CMP with high GDP development and consumer earnings level.
Social and Demographical.
The customer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must focus on digital publishing to satisfy the changing consumer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP include the technological improvement in the reading methods etc. Improvement of science and innovation along with the increase of digital publishing could lower the need for the CMP items, if particular actions would not be taken quickly.
Ecological forces impacting The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Solution includes the issues of environmental neighborhoods over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is needed to be disposable and the ink used while publishing ought to not be damaging for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal regulations regarding the publishing sector is managed by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Ordinance 1997 needs the publishers to be authorized first by the Federal government to be gone into in the publishing market. The regulation forbids direct participation of foreign entities and people in the publishing sector.
Industry Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Design).
Porter's Five Forces Model could be utilized to examine the attractiveness of the publishing industry China. A short analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is offered as follows;.
Hazard of New Entrants.
Risks of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The potential growth in the industry tends to bring in new entrants to the publishing industry. The existence of intense competitors and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate new entrants to go into in the market.
Threat of Substitution.
Threat of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The replacement products for the published documents is the files provided in the virtual libraries on certain websites. The changing customer preferences towards digital learning increase the threat of substitution for the market.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The existence of large number of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Together with it, brand-new entrants are also participating in the marketplace increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The significant suppliers of the The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Solution consist of the providers of the paper for publishing documents. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the overall bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Haggling power of purchaser in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers requires high quality files at competitive prices.
CMP runs in an extremely competitive market with the presence of a great deal of competitors. The business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant rivals of The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Solution consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a hazard for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the market share of CMP easily in the current market scenario.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was also founded in the same duration as The Patent War Apple Vs Samsung Case Study Help and CIP. It is also one of the prominent gamers in the publishing market with an annual overall revenues of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Reducing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Clients
• Growth opportunities.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of possible resources in expansion.
• Danger of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to present using existing abilities.
• Low risk of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio supplies high worth to customers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business sections to the brand-new one can lead the business to lose need of its products in the market.
With the deep analysis of the external and internal environment of the business along with the industry analysis and the competitor analysis, Alternative 2 is recommended to CMP to achieve its future development. As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the business require an immediate service to avoid the declining market growth. Introduction of digital publishing could prove to be an immediate option with low quantity of threat for the business. The company could also think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business should initially collects the information related to the customer need, the potential markets, the government regulations and the data related to the rivals presented in the market. If the preliminary offering shows a success, the business ought to go for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
The growth of the publishing market is declining given that 2008, showing a hazard to the business's long term presence, but the scenario can be controlled by thinking about an advancement plan in the future. The business might think about presenting digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at instant basis and to prevent the risk of failure for entrance in the new markets.