The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Solution and Analysis
The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Help is the biggest publishing business with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP supplies a variety of services including; collecting details, processing info and communication services. Major service sectors of the business consist of; books, periodicals, consultancy and distribution. The business has a huge item portfolio and its major items consist of books, regulars, online media, exhibitions, research reports and so on. The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Solution has actually ended up being a specialized details service provider and a large detailed Science and Innovation publishing company through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Analysis has spent its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing home, however, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring particular challenges to the publishing market in basic and CMP in specific. These factors include;
• Entrance of the brand-new publishing companies in the market.
• Declining growth of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing strategies
• Improvement of science and technology.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised a number of questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be used to pursue the future advancement unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Analysis has particular strengths that can be made use of to decrease the risks, overcome the weakness and get the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are offered as follows;
• The long term experience of The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years permits the business to supply high quality products at a lower expense using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities produced by its successful journey supply a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and offer high worth to its clients.
• Strong monetary position enables the company to consider a number of development opportunities without any fear of raising fund externally.
In addition to the strengths, the company has specific weak points which could increase restrictions for the business in executing its development program. The weaknesses of The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Help are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing company, the company still has traditional methods ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It should propose specific growth strategies to prevent its reliance over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term development.
The development of the publishing market is declining since 2008, affecting The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Help as well, however the development might be restored by availing particular chances provided in the market. The market opportunities for CMP include;
• The company might likewise present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong customer recognition in the market.
• CMP might consider a development program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to lower its reliance over Chinese markets by using its large funds.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competition in the publishing market has actually positioned certain threats to The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Help including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries could lead to declining market share of The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Help due to the customer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of competitors in the publishing market increase the hazard for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can get a strong consumer base by using certain strategies like aggressive promotion, quality products, and so on
• Entryway of brand-new publishing companies in the industry together with presence of high competitors increases the hazard of losing the consumer base.
The company has a quite competitive financial performance. Due to absence of data, the financial ratios of CMP might not be calculated. Nevertheless, the general monetary performance of the company might be examined by using the charts given up the case Appendices. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the annual total profits of CMP throughout the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, showing that the annual need of the products of The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Help is growing and the company is quite effective in bring in a a great deal of consumers at a potential rate.
Along with it, the second chart which reveals the yearly growth in the The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Help total possessions, shows that the company is rather efficient in adding worth to its assets through its incomes. The growth in assets shows that the overall value of the firm is also increasing with increasing the overall revenues. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the company utilizing the provided information might be the analysis concerning the circulation of total earnings of the company. Major part of the incomes of CMP originates from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other company sectors with a possible growth to accomplish its future development objective.
PESTEL analysis might be conducted to discover the different external forces impacting the performance of the company and the recent trends in the external environment of the business. A short PESTEL analysis of the business is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a substantial effect on the frame of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the government, for that reason, the publishing sector is extremely supervised and directed by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China. It might be said that the total political forces impacting CMP organisation are high. The federal government policies relating to the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces affecting the publishing sector in basic and the The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Analysis in specific includesthe prices of paper, the earnings level of consumers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP development of the country. All these forces combine impact the demand for the publishing market. Along with it, the economic policies connected to the import of books impact the general company at CPM. China's financial conditions are rather beneficial for CMP with high GDP growth and customer earnings level.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population development, the customer's preferences towards reading useful materials and so on. China has the greatest population worldwide with a high population growth, showing the increasing number of consumers of the The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Help. However, the customer choices are moving towards digital publishing instead of the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP ought to concentrate on digital publishing to meet the changing consumer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological advancement in the reading techniques etc. Improvement of science and technology in addition to the rise of digital publishing could minimize the demand for the CMP products, if specific actions would not be taken quickly.
Ecological forces impacting The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Solution consists of the concerns of ecological communities over the use of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be non reusable and the ink utilized while publishing needs to not be harmful for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Ordinance 1997 needs the publishers to be approved initially by the Government to be gone into in the publishing market.
Market Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Design).
Porter's 5 Forces Design might be utilized to examine the attractiveness of the publishing market China. A quick analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is provided as follows;.
Threat of New Entrants.
Dangers of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The possible development in the market tends to bring in new entrants to the publishing market. Nevertheless, the presence of extreme competitors and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate new entrants to go into in the market.
Danger of Replacement.
Threat of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The replacement items for the released files is the files presented in the virtual libraries on specific websites. The changing consumer choices towards digital learning increase the risk of alternative for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing industry is high. The existence of a great deal of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. In addition to it, new entrants are also entering into the marketplace increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The significant suppliers of the The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Help consist of the providers of the paper for releasing files. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the total bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Bargaining power of purchaser in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the buyers requires high quality files at competitive prices.
CMP operates in a highly competitive industry with the existence of large number of competitors. The company has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Analysis include;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close competitors of CMP. Established in the very same period, CIP publishes similar type of books. For a large time period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks 3rd and second in various market sectors, with a significant concentrate on educational publications. CIP serves as a danger for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and could wean the market share of The Presidential Puzzle Assignment Case Study Solution quickly in the existing market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close rival of CMP is PTP. It was also founded in the very same period as CMP and CIP. It ranks 6th in the state-owned publishers in regards to organisation scale. It is also one of the prominent gamers in the publishing market with an annual total profits of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Expand towards New Markets
• Lowering reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Consumers
• Development opportunities.
• Avoiding the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Use of prospective resources in expansion.
• Risk of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining consumer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing present abilities.
• Low threat of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio supplies high worth to customers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core organisation sectors to the new one can lead the company to lose need of its products in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the company in addition to the market analysis and the competitor analysis, Alternative 2 is advised to CMP to accomplish its future development. As the preferences are moving towards digital publishing and the business require an immediate solution to prevent the decreasing market development. For that reason, introduction of digital publishing might show to be an instant service with low quantity of risk for the business. The business could also consider the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its item portfolio, the company should first gathers the data related to the consumer need, the prospective markets, the government guidelines and the data related to the rivals provided in the market. If the initial offering shows a success, the company ought to go for the other markets. In this method the company would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the development of the publishing market is declining considering that 2008, showing a hazard to the company's long term existence, however the scenario can be controlled by considering an advancement strategy in the future. The company might consider introducing digital publishingin its existing market to implement its advancement program at immediate basis and to prevent the danger of failure for entrance in the brand-new markets.