The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Solution and Analysis
The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Solution is the largest publishing business with a greatest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP supplies a number of services consisting of; gathering information, processing information and communication services. Significant business segments of the company include; books, periodicals, consultancy and circulation. The company has a vast item portfolio and its major items include books, periodicals, online media, exhibitions, research reports etc. The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Solution has actually become a specialized information company and a large extensive Science and Innovation publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Solution has spent its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing home, nevertheless, the changing macro market trends and forces bring certain obstacles to the publishing industry in basic and CMP in specific. These factors consist of;
• Entryway of the new publishing firms in the industry.
• Declining development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing techniques
• Improvement of science and innovation.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised numerous questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this situation? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the abilities of the company could be used to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Solution has specific strengths that can be used to decrease the dangers, overcome the weakness and obtain the chances. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years enables the company to provide high quality items at a lower expense using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities created by its effective journey provide a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Vast product portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its risk and offer high value to its customers.
• Strong monetary position allows the business to consider several advancement opportunities with no fear of raising fund externally.
Together with the strengths, the business has particular weak points which might increase constraints for the business in executing its development program. The weaknesses of The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Analysis are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing firm, the business still has conventional methods ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It must propose specific growth plans to prevent its dependence over the Chinese markets to attain long term development.
The growth of the publishing market is decreasing considering that 2008, affecting The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Help as well, but the development might be revived by availing certain opportunities presented in the market. The marketplace opportunities for CMP include;
• The business could also introduce Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong client acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP might consider an advancement program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to reduce its dependence over Chinese markets by using its large funds.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing industry has presented certain threats to The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Solution including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might result in declining market share of The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Solution due to the customer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of large number of rivals in the publishing market increase the threat for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as competitors can gain a strong customer base by using certain techniques like aggressive promotion, quality items, etc.
• Entrance of new publishing firms in the market in addition to presence of high competitors increases the threat of losing the customer base.
Due to absence of information, the financial ratios of CMP could not be calculated. It could be examined from the Appendix III that the annual overall revenues of The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Solution during the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, revealing that the yearly need of the products of CMP is growing and the business is rather effective in drawing in a big number of clients at a possible cost.
Along with it, the 2nd graph which reveals the annual growth in the The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Solution total possessions, reveals that the company is rather efficient in adding worth to its assets through its revenues. The development in possessions shows that the total value of the company is also increasing with increasing the total profits. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company utilizing the offered information might be the analysis concerning the distribution of total earnings of the business. Huge part of the incomes of CMP originates from the sales of its published books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business could move towards other company sectors with a potential growth to achieve its future development goal.
PESTEL analysis might be conducted to discover the numerous external forces impacting the performance of the business and the recent patterns in the external environment of the company. A quick PESTEL analysis of the company is provided as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a significant influence on the mindset of individuals about the communist ideology of the federal government, for that reason, the publishing sector is highly supervised and directed by the Publicity Department of the Communist Celebration of China. Therefore, it might be stated that the overall political forces impacting The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Analysis service are high. The government policies concerning the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Analysis in specific includesthe prices of paper, the income level of customers, the inflation rate, and the total GDP development of the country. All these forces combine effect the demand for the publishing market. In addition to it, the financial policies associated with the import of books impact the general business at CPM. Nevertheless, China's financial conditions are rather beneficial for CMP with high GDP growth and consumer earnings level.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces consist of the population development, the customer's preferences towards checking out informative materials and so on. China has the highest population worldwide with a high population growth, revealing the increasing number of consumers of the The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Help. Nevertheless, the consumer choices are shifting towards digital publishing instead of the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP must focus on digital publishing to satisfy the changing customer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological development in the reading strategies etc. Improvement of science and innovation together with the rise of digital publishing might minimize the need for the CMP items, if particular actions would not be taken quickly.
Environmental forces impacting The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Solution consists of the concerns of environmental neighborhoods over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink utilized while publishing should not be damaging for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal guidelines regarding the publishing sector is controlled by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Regulation 1997 needs the publishers to be authorized initially by the Federal government to be entered in the publishing market. The ordinance forbids direct participation of foreign entities and individuals in the publishing sector.
Market Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Model).
Porter's Five Forces Model could be used to analyze the attractiveness of the publishing industry China. A brief analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is given as follows;.
Danger of New Entrants.
Risks of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The potential development in the industry tends to attract new entrants to the publishing industry. Nevertheless, the presence of intense competitors and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate new entrants to go into in the marketplace.
Risk of Substitution.
Threat of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The substitute items for the published files is the files provided in the virtual libraries on particular websites. The altering consumer preferences towards digital knowing increase the threat of substitution for the industry.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing industry is high. The presence of large number of customers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Along with it, brand-new entrants are also participating in the marketplace increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The significant suppliers of the The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Analysis consist of the providers of the paper for releasing files. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Negotiating power of buyer in the publishing market is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the buyers requires high quality documents at competitive rates.
CMP runs in a highly competitive market with the presence of large number of rivals. Nevertheless, the company has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Solution include;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIP acts as a threat for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the market share of CMP quickly in the present market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was likewise established in the same period as The Ways To Achieve Sustainable Cities Case Study Help and CIP. It is likewise one of the popular gamers in the publishing market with a yearly total earnings of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Decreasing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Customers
• Development opportunities.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of possible resources in growth.
• Danger of failure in brand-new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing present capabilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio supplies high worth to customers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business segments to the new one can lead the company to lose demand of its products in the market.
As the preferences are shifting towards digital publishing and the business need an immediate service to prevent the decreasing market development. The business might likewise consider the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the business must initially gathers the information associated with the consumer need, the potential markets, the government regulations and the data associated with the competitors presented in the market. After that, the company should choose one potential segment for its initial offering. It needs to gather research study that how it could differentiate its digital publishing from the existing competitors' products. After all the actions above the company ought to choose the preliminary offering. The business should go for the other markets if the preliminary offering shows a success. In this way the business would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
The growth of the publishing market is declining given that 2008, showing a threat to the company's long term existence, but the scenario can be controlled by considering a development plan in the future. The company could consider introducing digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at instant basis and to prevent the threat of failure for entryway in the new markets.