Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Solution and Analysis
Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Help is the largest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually ended up being a specialized info company and a big thorough Science and Technology publishing company through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Help has invested its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing home, nevertheless, the changing macro market patterns and forces bring certain challenges to the publishing market in basic and CMP in specific. These elements include;
• Entrance of the brand-new publishing companies in the market.
• Declining development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing methods
• Enhancement of science and innovation.
The change of the macro markets have raised a number of concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this scenario? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the abilities of the business could be made use of to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Help has certain strengths that can be made use of to decrease the risks, get rid of the weak point and avail the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Help in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years enables the company to provide high quality products at a lower expense using its prior experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities generated by its effective journey provide a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Huge product portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its risk and offer high value to its consumers.
• Strong financial position enables the company to consider numerous development chances with no fear of raising fund externally.
In addition to the strengths, the company has certain weak points which might increase restrictions for the company in executing its advancement program. The weaknesses of Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Analysis are offered as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the company still has conventional ways ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It needs to propose certain growth plans to avoid its dependence over the Chinese markets to attain long term growth.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is declining considering that 2008, impacting Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Help also, but the development could be restored by availing specific chances provided in the market. The market opportunities for CMP include;
• The business could also present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong consumer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could consider a development program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to reduce its reliance over Chinese markets by using its vast funds.
The changing macro patterns in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing industry has postured certain threats to Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Solution including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might result in decreasing market share of Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Analysis due to the customer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The existence of large number of rivals in the publishing industry increase the risk for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can get a strong customer base by utilizing specific techniques like aggressive promotion, quality items, and so on
• Entrance of new publishing companies in the market along with presence of high competition increases the danger of losing the customer base.
The company has a rather competitive monetary efficiency. Due to lack of information, the financial ratios of CMP might not be determined. The overall financial efficiency of the business might be analyzed by using the graphs provided in the case Appendices. It might be analyzed from the Appendix III that the annual overall profits of CMP throughout the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, revealing that the yearly demand of the items of Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Solution is growing and the company is quite efficient in bring in a a great deal of consumers at a potential price.
Together with it, the 2nd chart which shows the annual growth in the Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Help overall possessions, shows that the business is quite effective in adding value to its assets through its earnings. The development in possessions shows that the overall value of the company is also increasing with increasing the overall earnings. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the company utilizing the provided information could be the analysis concerning the distribution of overall revenues of the company. Major part of the profits of CMP comes from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other company segments with a prospective development to attain its future advancement objective.
PESTEL analysis could be carried out to discover the numerous external forces impacting the performance of the business and the recent trends in the external environment of the business. A quick PESTEL analysis of the business is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector might have a substantial effect on the state of mind of the people about the communist ideology of the government, for that reason, the publishing sector is highly supervised and guided by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China. Therefore, it could be stated that the total political forces impacting Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Analysis organisation are high. The government policies regarding the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces impacting the publishing sector in basic and the Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Analysis in specific includesthe prices of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the total GDP growth of the country. All these forces combine effect the demand for the publishing market. Together with it, the financial policies associated with the import of books impact the overall service at CPM. Nevertheless, China's financial conditions are rather beneficial for CMP with high GDP development and customer income level.
Social and Demographical.
The consumer preferences are moving towards digital publishing rather than the conventional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to focus on digital publishing to satisfy the changing consumer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP include the technological development in the reading techniques and so on. Improvement of science and technology together with the increase of digital publishing could decrease the demand for the CMP items, if certain actions would not be taken quickly.
Environmental forces impacting Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Help includes the issues of ecological neighborhoods over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is needed to be disposable and the ink utilized while publishing needs to not be damaging for the environment.
Legal guidelines for the publishing sector at whole are high. The legal regulations relating to the publishing sector is managed by the General Administration of Press and Publication. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be approved first by the Federal government to be entered in the publishing market. The regulation forbids direct participation of foreign entities and people in the publishing sector.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Model could be used to analyze the appearance of the publishing industry China. A short analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is given as follows;.
Risk of New Entrants.
Risks of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective growth in the market tends to bring in brand-new entrants to the publishing industry. However, the presence of intense competitors and the requirement of big capital tends to demotivate new entrants to enter in the marketplace.
Threat of Replacement.
Hazard of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The alternative products for the released documents is the files provided in the digital libraries on specific sites. The changing customer preferences towards digital knowing increase the risk of substitution for the market.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The presence of a great deal of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Market like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Together with it, new entrants are also participating in the marketplace increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The major suppliers of the Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Analysis consist of the providers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, for that reason the general bargaining power of supplier for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Purchaser.
Haggling power of purchaser in the publishing industry is high. Due to the existence of a a great deal of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the purchasers requires high quality files at competitive prices.
CMP operates in an extremely competitive industry with the existence of a great deal of rivals. However, the business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant competitors of Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Help consist of;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close competitors of CMP. Established in the very same period, CIP publishes comparable kind of books. For a big time period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks 2nd and third in different market sectors, with a significant concentrate on educational publications. CIP functions as a threat for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the market share of Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Help quickly in the present market circumstance.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was also established in the exact same period as Ugis Understanding The Nature Of User Generated Information Systems Case Study Analysis and CIP. It is also one of the prominent gamers in the publishing market with a yearly total profits of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Minimizing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Customers
• Development opportunities.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Use of prospective resources in growth.
• Danger of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching brand-new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing current abilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased item portfolio provides high worth to customers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core company sectors to the new one can lead the company to lose demand of its products in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the company along with the industry analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is suggested to CMP to achieve its future advancement. As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the company need an instant service to prevent the declining industry growth. Intro of digital publishing could show to be an immediate service with low amount of danger for the business. However, the company could likewise think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the company needs to first gathers the data related to the customer demand, the prospective markets, the government policies and the information related to the competitors provided in the market. If the initial offering shows a success, the business should go for the other markets. In this method the business would be able to execute its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing industry is decreasing considering that 2008, revealing a threat to the company's long term existence, however the circumstance can be managed by considering a development plan in the future. The business could consider introducing digital publishingin its existing market to execute its advancement program at immediate basis and to avoid the danger of failure for entrance in the brand-new markets.