Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Solution and Analysis
Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Analysis is the biggest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP supplies a variety of services including; collecting info, processing details and interaction services. Major organisation sections of the company consist of; books, regulars, consultancy and circulation. The company has a large item portfolio and its major products include books, periodicals, online media, exhibits, research reports and so on. Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Analysis has ended up being a specialized info provider and a big thorough Science and Technology publishing company through the integration of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has actually spent its 60 years journey efficiently, being a successful publishing house, however, the changing macro market patterns and forces bring particular difficulties to the publishing market in general and Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Help in specific. These elements consist of;
• Entrance of the new publishing firms in the industry.
• Declining development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Intro of digital publishing strategies
• Enhancement of science and innovation.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised several questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long important experience, technical resources and the capabilities of the company could be made use of to pursue the future advancement unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Analysis has certain strengths that can be utilized to lower the threats, overcome the weakness and get the opportunities. Strengths of CMP are given as follows;
• The long term experience of Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Solution in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years enables the company to supply high quality items at a lower cost using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and capabilities generated by its effective journey offer a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Huge product portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its risk and provide high value to its customers.
• Strong financial position allows the company to think about a number of advancement opportunities without any worry of raising fund externally.
In addition to the strengths, the business has specific weaknesses which might increase constraints for the business in executing its development program. The weak points of Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Help are provided as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing company, the business still has conventional ways ofpublishing which are not suitable with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It should propose certain expansion strategies to avoid its dependence over the Chinese markets to attain long term development.
The growth of the publishing market is declining since 2008, affecting Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Help as well, but the development might be revived by availing particular opportunities provided in the market. The market chances for CMP include;
• The company might also present Digital Publishing by utilizing its long term technical experience and a strong consumer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could think about an advancement program through the growth towards foreign markets in order to decrease its dependence over Chinese markets by utilizing its large financial resources.
The altering macro trends in the market and increasing competition in the publishing industry has actually posed certain threats to Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Analysis consisting of;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries could cause declining market share of Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Solution due to the customer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The presence of large number of rivals in the publishing industry increase the hazard for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can gain a strong consumer base by using certain techniques like aggressive promo, quality items, and so on
• Entrance of brand-new publishing companies in the market along with presence of high competition increases the risk of losing the client base.
Due to absence of data, the financial ratios of CMP could not be calculated. It might be analyzed from the Appendix III that the yearly total profits of Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Analysis during the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, showing that the yearly demand of the products of CMP is growing and the business is rather effective in attracting a large number of consumers at a prospective rate.
In addition to it, the 2nd chart which shows the annual growth in the Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Analysis overall assets, reveals that the company is quite efficient in adding worth to its properties through its earnings. The growth in properties reveals that the overall worth of the company is likewise increasing with increasing the total incomes. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business utilizing the given data could be the analysis concerning the distribution of total earnings of the business. Huge part of the earnings of CMP comes from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The company might move towards other service sectors with a potential growth to attain its future development goal.
PESTEL analysis could be performed to discover the different external forces impacting the efficiency of the company and the current patterns in the external environment of the company. A short PESTEL analysis of the business is offered as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a significant influence on the frame of mind of individuals about the communist ideology of the government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely monitored and assisted by the Promotion Department of the Communist Party of China. It could be stated that the general political forces affecting CMP company are high. The government policies relating to the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces affecting the publishing sector in general and the CMP in particular includesthe costs of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP development of the nation. All these forces integrate impact the need for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The customer choices are moving towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP needs to focus on digital publishing to fulfill the changing customer choices.
Technological forces affecting the CMP consist of the technological improvement in the reading techniques etc. Improvement of science and technology in addition to the increase of digital publishing might decrease the need for the CMP products, if specific actions would not be taken soon.
Environmental forces affecting Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Solution consists of the issues of environmental communities over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink utilized while publishing should not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Ordinance 1997 requires the publishers to be approved initially by the Federal government to be entered in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Model).
Porter's Five Forces Design might be used to analyze the beauty of the publishing market China. A quick analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is offered as follows;.
Hazard of New Entrants.
Threats of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Industry is moderate. The possible development in the market tends to bring in new entrants to the publishing industry. The presence of intense competitors and the requirement of substantial capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to enter in the market.
Hazard of Replacement.
Danger of Replacement is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The alternative items for the published documents is the files provided in the digital libraries on particular sites. The changing consumer choices towards digital knowing increase the risk of substitution for the industry.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The existence of large number of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Along with it, new entrants are also entering into the market increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The major suppliers of the Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Analysis include the suppliers of the paper for releasing files. As CMP is the largest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the overall bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Negotiating power of buyer in the publishing market is high. Due to the existence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the marketplace saturation, the buyers requires high quality files at competitive prices.
CMP runs in an extremely competitive industry with the presence of a great deal of competitors. However, the company has a competitive position in the market with the highest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Analysis include;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis one of the close rivals of CMP. Founded in the same duration, CIP releases similar kind of books. For a big period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks third and 2nd in numerous market sectors, with a major focus on academic publications. CIP serves as a hazard for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is concentrated on digital publishing and might wean the marketplace share of Wealth Management Crisis At Ubs A Case Study Help quickly in the current market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close competitor of CMP is PTP. It was also established in the very same period as CMP and CIP. It ranks 6th in the state-owned publishers in regards to service scale. It is likewise among the popular players in the publishing industry with an annual total revenues of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Decreasing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Consumers
• Development opportunities.
• Preventing the impact of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Usage of prospective resources in growth.
• Risk of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Present Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing current capabilities.
• Low risk of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio offers high worth to consumers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core business sections to the brand-new one can lead the business to lose need of its products in the market.
As the choices are moving towards digital publishing and the company require an instant solution to prevent the decreasing market growth. The business could likewise think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the company needs to initially gathers the information related to the customer demand, the prospective markets, the federal government policies and the data related to the rivals provided in the market. If the initial offering shows a success, the company must go for the other markets. In this way the business would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
The growth of the publishing market is declining considering that 2008, revealing a threat to the company's long term existence, however the situation can be managed by considering an advancement strategy in the future. The business might think about presenting digital publishingin its existing market to implement its advancement program at instant basis and to prevent the risk of failure for entryway in the new markets.