Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Solution and Analysis
Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Help is the largest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP has actually ended up being a specialized details company and a big detailed Science and Technology publishing business through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
CMP has invested its 60 years journey efficiently, being an effective publishing house, however, the altering macro market trends and forces bring particular challenges to the publishing market in basic and Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Solution in specific. These elements consist of;
• Entrance of the brand-new publishing firms in the industry.
• Decreasing development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing strategies
• Enhancement of science and technology.
The improvement of the macro markets have raised numerous questions to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the abilities of the company could be used to pursue the future development unceasingly? How could the company sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Solution has certain strengths that can be utilized to minimize the hazards, overcome the weakness and get the chances. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Solution in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years enables the company to provide high quality products at a lower cost using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities created by its effective journey supply a competitive advantage to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP helps it to diversify its danger and supply high value to its clients.
• Strong monetary position permits the company to consider several development opportunities without any worry of raising fund externally.
Along with the strengths, the business has specific weak points which could increase restrictions for the company in implementing its development program. The weaknesses of Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Analysis are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and technology publishing firm, the company still has standard methods ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP extremely relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It ought to propose specific expansion plans to prevent its reliance over the Chinese markets to attain long term development.
The growth of the publishing industry is declining considering that 2008, impacting Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Analysis as well, however the development could be restored by availing particular chances presented in the market. The market chances for CMP include;
• The business might also present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong customer acknowledgment in the market.
• CMP could think about a development program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to minimize its reliance over Chinese markets by using its vast funds.
The changing macro trends in the market and increasing competition in the publishing market has actually posed certain threats to Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Analysis including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Intro of digital publishing i.e. digital libraries might lead to declining market share of Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Solution due to the customer shift towards virtual libraries.
• The existence of a great deal of competitors in the publishing market increase the danger for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can get a strong consumer base by using certain strategies like aggressive promo, quality items, etc.
• Entrance of new publishing companies in the industry along with presence of high competition increases the threat of losing the customer base.
Due to absence of data, the monetary ratios of CMP could not be calculated. It could be evaluated from the Appendix III that the yearly overall incomes of Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Solution during the duration 2000-2012 are growing at a high growth rate, showing that the yearly demand of the items of CMP is growing and the business is quite efficient in attracting a large number of customers at a potential cost.
Along with it, the 2nd graph which reveals the yearly growth in the Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Analysis overall properties, shows that the business is rather efficient in adding worth to its properties through its incomes. The growth in properties shows that the overall worth of the company is likewise increasing with increasing the total incomes. (Unknown, 2013).
Another financial analysis of the business using the provided data could be the analysis regarding the circulation of total earnings of the business. Huge part of the revenues of CMP originates from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as shown in the Case Appendix V. The business might move towards other service segments with a potential development to accomplish its future development goal.
PESTEL analysis could be performed to learn the numerous external forces impacting the efficiency of the business and the recent patterns in the external environment of the company. A short PESTEL analysis of the business is given as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a significant effect on the mindset of the people about the communist ideology of the federal government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely monitored and assisted by the Promotion Department of the Communist Celebration of China. It could be stated that the overall political forces impacting CMP company are high. The government policies concerning the publishing sector are likewise increasing with the passage of time.
Financial forces impacting the publishing sector in basic and the CMP in specific includesthe prices of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the total GDP growth of the nation. All these forces combine impact the demand for the publishing market.
Social and Demographical.
The customer choices are shifting towards digital publishing rather than the standard was of publishing. In this regard, CMP should focus on digital publishing to satisfy the altering consumer preferences.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological improvement in the reading methods etc. Enhancement of science and technology in addition to the rise of digital publishing might reduce the demand for the CMP items, if certain actions would not be taken quickly.
Environmental forces impacting Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Analysis includes the issues of environmental communities over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper utilized in the books while publishing is required to be non reusable and the ink utilized while publishing needs to not be damaging for the environment.
Legal regulations for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 requires the publishers to be authorized initially by the Government to be gone into in the publishing market.
Industry Analysis (Porter's Five Forces Design).
Porter's Five Forces Design might be used to evaluate the attractiveness of the publishing market China. A short analysis of the Porter's Five Forces is provided as follows;.
Hazard of New Entrants.
Threats of new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The prospective development in the market tends to draw in brand-new entrants to the publishing market. The presence of intense competition and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to enter in the market.
Risk of Replacement.
Threat of Alternative is high for the Chinese Publishing Market. The alternative products for the released documents is the documents provided in the digital libraries on particular sites. The changing customer choices towards digital learning increase the risk of replacement for the market.
Competitive rivalry in the publishing market is high. The presence of a great deal of consumers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive competition for CMP. Along with it, brand-new entrants are likewise entering into the marketplace increasing the competition for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Supplier.
The significant suppliers of the Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Solution include the providers of the paper for releasing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the general bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Haggling power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the purchasers needs high quality files at competitive rates.
CMP runs in a highly competitive market with the presence of a great deal of competitors. Nevertheless, the business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Significant rivals of Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Solution include;.
• Chemical Market Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Market Press (CIP).
CIPis among the close competitors of CMP. Established in the same period, CIP publishes comparable kind of books. For a large time period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks second and third in various market sections, with a major focus on academic publications. CIP functions as a danger for CMP as it could wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is focused on digital publishing and might wean the marketplace share of Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Analysis easily in the existing market situation.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
It was also established in the exact same duration as Why Project Networks Beat Project Teams Case Study Analysis and CIP. It is also one of the prominent players in the publishing market with a yearly total revenues of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Decreasing dependence over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing number of Clients
• Development chances.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing industry.
• Usage of prospective resources in expansion.
• Danger of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to present utilizing existing capabilities.
• Low risk of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio provides high value to customers.
• Competition in the market by CIP, who has prior concentrate on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core service sectors to the brand-new one can lead the company to lose need of its items in the market.
With the deep analysis of the internal and external environment of the company together with the industry analysis and the rival analysis, Alternative 2 is recommended to CMP to achieve its future development. As the choices are shifting towards digital publishing and the company require an immediate option to prevent the declining market growth. Therefore, introduction of digital publishing might prove to be an immediate service with low quantity of danger for the business. However, the business could likewise consider the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to present digital publishing in its item portfolio, the business ought to initially collects the data related to the consumer demand, the prospective markets, the government policies and the data related to the rivals presented in the market. If the initial offering proves a success, the company should go for the other markets. In this method the business would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the growth of the publishing market is decreasing considering that 2008, showing a danger to the company's long term presence, but the circumstance can be controlled by considering a development strategy in the future. The business might think about introducing digital publishingin its existing market to implement its development program at immediate basis and to avoid the danger of failure for entryway in the new markets.