Windward Investment Management Case Study Solution and Analysis
Windward Investment Management Case Study Analysis is the biggest publishing company with a highest market share in the China's book retail market. CMP supplies a number of services consisting of; gathering details, processing information and interaction services. Major company sectors of the company consist of; books, periodicals, consultancy and distribution. The company has a vast product portfolio and its major products include books, regulars, online media, exhibitions, research reports and so on. Windward Investment Management Case Study Solution has actually become a specialized info supplier and a large extensive Science and Technology publishing business through the combination of print media, audio-visual media and the network media.
Although, Windward Investment Management Case Study Help has spent its 60 years journey smoothly, being a successful publishing home, however, the altering macro market patterns and forces bring specific obstacles to the publishing industry in basic and CMP in specific. These elements include;
• Entryway of the brand-new publishing companies in the market.
• Decreasing development of the publishing market.
• Market saturation.
• Introduction of digital publishing techniques
• Improvement of science and innovation.
The transformation of the macro markets have raised a number of concerns to the management at CPM that what could be the future of CMP in this circumstance? Do the long valuable experience, technical resources and the abilities of the company could be used to strive for the future development unceasingly? How could the business sustain its long term competitive position in future?
Windward Investment Management Case Study Analysis has certain strengths that can be used to lower the hazards, get rid of the weakness and avail the chances. Strengths of CMP are provided as follows;
• The long term experience of Windward Investment Management Case Study Analysis in the publishing industry i.e. 60 years allows the business to provide high quality products at a lower expense using its previous experiences.
• The technical resources and abilities generated by its effective journey provide a competitive benefit to CMP.
• Large item portfolioof CMP assists it to diversify its danger and supply high value to its consumers.
• Strong financial position enables the company to think about numerous development chances with no fear of raising fund externally.
Along with the strengths, the company has certain weak points which could increase restrictions for the company in implementing its development program. The weak points of Windward Investment Management Case Study Solution are given as follows;
• Despite of being a science and innovation publishing firm, the company still has standard ways ofpublishing which are not compatible with the growing technological shift.
• CMP highly relies over the Chinese markets for its growth. It should propose certain growth plans to avoid its dependence over the Chinese markets to accomplish long term development.
The development of the publishing market is declining given that 2008, affecting Windward Investment Management Case Study Help as well, however the development might be restored by availing particular opportunities provided in the market. The market opportunities for CMP include;
• The company might also present Digital Publishing by using its long term technical experience and a strong customer recognition in the market.
• CMP could consider a development program through the expansion towards foreign markets in order to decrease its dependence over Chinese markets by using its huge financial resources.
The altering macro trends in the market and increasing competitors in the publishing industry has positioned specific risks to Windward Investment Management Case Study Solution including;( Gurel, 2017).
• Introduction of digital publishing i.e. virtual libraries might cause decreasing market share of Windward Investment Management Case Study Analysis due to the customer shift towards digital libraries.
• The presence of a great deal of competitors in the publishing industry increase the threat for CMP to lose its competitive position in the market, as rivals can acquire a strong consumer base by utilizing certain methods like aggressive promotion, quality items, and so on
• Entrance of new publishing companies in the market together with presence of high competition increases the risk of losing the customer base.
The company has a rather competitive financial performance. Due to lack of data, the monetary ratios of CMP might not be determined. However, the overall financial performance of the business could be evaluated by using the graphs given in the case Appendices. It might be evaluated from the Appendix III that the annual total revenues of CMP during the period 2000-2012 are growing at a high development rate, revealing that the annual demand of the products of Windward Investment Management Case Study Help is growing and the company is rather efficient in attracting a large number of customers at a prospective cost.
Along with it, the second graph which shows the annual growth in the Windward Investment Management Case Study Analysis overall possessions, reveals that the business is quite efficient in adding value to its properties through its revenues. The growth in possessions reveals that the total value of the company is likewise increasing with increasing the overall earnings. (Unidentified, 2013).
Another monetary analysis of the company utilizing the given information could be the analysis concerning the distribution of total earnings of the company. Huge part of the incomes of CMP comes from the sales of its released books i.e. 64% as displayed in the Case Appendix V. The business could move towards other service sections with a potential development to accomplish its future advancement goal.
PESTEL analysis might be performed to find out the different external forces affecting the efficiency of the business and the recent patterns in the external environment of the business. A quick PESTEL analysis of the company is given as follows; (Alanzi, 2018).
As the publishing sector could have a considerable impact on the state of mind of individuals about the communist ideology of the federal government, therefore, the publishing sector is extremely supervised and assisted by the Promotion Department of the Communist Party of China. It might be said that the total political forces impacting CMP company are high. The government policies concerning the publishing sector are also increasing with the passage of time.
Economic forces impacting the publishing sector in general and the Windward Investment Management Case Study Analysis in particular includesthe prices of paper, the earnings level of customers, the inflation rate, and the general GDP development of the country. All these forces combine effect the demand for the publishing market. Together with it, the economic policies related to the import of books impact the overall business at CPM. However, China's financial conditions are quite beneficial for CMP with high GDP growth and customer earnings level.
Social and Demographical.
Social and demographical forces include the population growth, the consumer's preferences towards reading useful products etc. China has the greatest population worldwide with a high population development, showing the increasing number of customers of the Windward Investment Management Case Study Analysis. Nevertheless, the customer preferences are moving towards digital publishing instead of the traditional was of publishing. In this regard, CMP should concentrate on digital publishing to satisfy the altering consumer choices.
Technological forces impacting the CMP consist of the technological advancement in the reading methods and so on. Improvement of science and innovation in addition to the increase of digital publishing could lower the demand for the CMP items, if particular actions would not be taken quickly.
Ecological forces impacting Windward Investment Management Case Study Help includes the issues of environmental communities over the usage of paper in publishing books. The paper used in the books while publishing is required to be disposable and the ink used while publishing must not be hazardous for the environment.
Legal policies for the publishing sector at whole are high. Publishing Regulation 1997 needs the publishers to be authorized initially by the Federal government to be gone into in the publishing market.
Market Analysis (Porter's 5 Forces Model).
Porter's 5 Forces Model could be utilized to evaluate the attractiveness of the publishing industry China. A brief analysis of the Porter's 5 Forces is given as follows;.
Risk of New Entrants.
Risks of brand-new entrants in the Chinese Publishing Market is moderate. The potential development in the market tends to draw in new entrants to the publishing industry. The existence of extreme competition and the requirement of huge capital tends to demotivate brand-new entrants to enter in the market.
Danger of Replacement.
Danger of Substitution is high for the Chinese Publishing Industry. The replacement products for the released documents is the documents presented in the digital libraries on certain websites. The changing customer choices towards digital learning increase the hazard of alternative for the industry.
Competitive competition in the publishing market is high. The presence of a great deal of customers in the Chinese Publishing Industry like CIP, PTP etc. tends to produce high competitive rivalry for CMP. Along with it, brand-new entrants are likewise participating in the marketplace increasing the competitors for CMP.
Bargaining Power of Provider.
The significant providers of the Windward Investment Management Case Study Analysis consist of the providers of the paper for publishing files. As CMP is the biggest publisher in the Chinese Publishing Market, therefore the total bargaining power of provider for CMP is low.
Bargaining Power of Buyer.
Bargaining power of buyer in the publishing industry is high. Due to the presence of a large number of publishers in the Chinese market and the market saturation, the buyers needs high quality files at competitive costs.
CMP runs in an extremely competitive market with the presence of a great deal of competitors. The business has a competitive position in the market with the greatest market share in the Chinese publishing market. Major competitors of Windward Investment Management Case Study Analysis consist of;.
• Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
• Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Chemical Industry Press (CIP).
CIPis among the close rivals of CMP. Founded in the same period, CIP publishes similar kind of books. For a large period, CIP held the biggest market share, and still ranks 3rd and 2nd in different market sectors, with a significant concentrate on academic publications. CIP serves as a danger for CMP as it might wean its market share due to its long term competitive background. CIP is concentrated on digital publishing and might wean the marketplace share of Windward Investment Management Case Study Analysis quickly in the current market circumstance.
Posts and telecommunication Press (PTP).
Another close competitor of CMP is PTP. It was also founded in the very same period as CMP and CIP. It ranks 6th in the state-owned publishers in terms of company scale. It is likewise among the prominent players in the publishing industry with a yearly total incomes of RMB 550 million in 2010.
Alternative-1: Broaden towards New Markets
• Decreasing reliance over the Chinese markets.
• Increasing variety of Consumers
• Development opportunities.
• Avoiding the effect of market saturation in the Chinese publishing market.
• Use of prospective resources in growth.
• Threat of failure in new markets.
• Time consuming.
Alernative-2: Introduce Digital Publishing
• Sustaining customer base.
• Approaching new markets.
• Easy to introduce utilizing current capabilities.
• Low danger of Failure.
• Low requirement for funds.
• Increased product portfolio supplies high worth to customers.
• Competitors in the market by CIP, who has prior focus on the digital publishing.
• Shift of focus from the core service sectors to the brand-new one can lead the company to lose demand of its items in the market.
As the choices are shifting towards digital publishing and the business need an immediate option to prevent the decreasing industry development. The business might likewise think about the expansion program after the success of its digital publishing program.
In order to introduce digital publishing in its product portfolio, the company needs to initially gathers the information connected to the customer demand, the prospective markets, the government regulations and the information associated with the competitors provided in the market. After that, the company needs to decide one possible segment for its initial offering. It needs to gather research study that how it might separate its digital publishing from the existing rivals' products. After all the steps above the business ought to opt for the initial offering. The business must go for the other markets if the initial offering shows a success. In this way the company would be able to implement its digital publishing program.
Although, the development of the publishing market is decreasing since 2008, revealing a threat to the company's long term presence, however the scenario can be controlled by thinking about an advancement strategy in the future. The company might consider presenting digital publishingin its existing market to execute its development program at instant basis and to avoid the risk of failure for entrance in the new markets.